Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer

3.2

Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester), L-Tyrosine, Parfum (Fragrance), Laureth-7, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol.

on 6/4/2013 10:49:00 PM

Hate this moisturizer! First of all I don't like the texture at all--weird and filmy. I never felt like it absorbed into my skin. It also broke me out both times I tried to use it... And not a minor breakout, painful ones all over my cheeks! I haven't had a break out in forever but I got it both times I use it. Can't say enough bad things about it. Beware.

on 5/4/2013 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I had really high hopes for this product, which I purchased in conjunction with Blue Plasma. I've been fairly devout to Lancôme as my daytime moisturizer (Renergie) and La Mer as my nighttime moisturizer. I also use serums, Lancôme Visionnaire during the day and Kiehl's Midnight Recovery at night. I've had success with all of these products, and essentially ordered the moisturizer to go along with the Blue Plasma which I've read so many great things about. What a letdown.

Since it doesn't contain SPF, I use an SPF over my daily moisturizer. I do this with Lancôme as well since they also don't have SPF in my favorite moisturizer. I use a Clarins SPF which is very light and glides over my normal moisturizers. Well, it certainly didn't glide over this moisturizer. Immediately this moisturizer started balling up and flaking as I applied the SPF. It did the same thing when I applied my Shiseido eye cream around my eye area, on the part where I had touched the moisturizer (slightly above the brows). Oddly, this had never happened to me with any product before until just recently. I had the exact same flaking/balling up problem with a StriVectin SD eye concentrate. It's just something I can't tolerate, as I do like to layer products. Additionally, what if I just simply went to brush my face with my hand? Well, I can tell you what. It flakes and balls!

What's worse? I really don't find it at all moisturizing. Immediately after application it felt fine. Fine isn't good. Fine is just okay. It was the sort of feeling where that I knew it would not maintain moisture throughout the day, which it certainly didn't. My skin felt parched within an hour or two. This never happens with my Lancôme or La Mer products. It's really a shame, because I don't feel like going through the hassle of returning it. It will likely end up in the bottom drawer of my bathroom with all of the other failed products. I am going to give Shiseido Benefiance moisturizer a try, as I've recently fallen in love with their eye cream. I need moisture! Hold the flaking.

on 5/1/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So if it's not broke why fix it? That's what I've learned with my skin care.. I heard so much hype about Perricone that I had to try it, I am sorry I didn't like it at all first let me say I gave it a fair shot and it made me break out that's a deal breaker in my book.. Back to the tried and trusted Lancer dermatology which I love...

I love this moisturizer for the fact that it smells amazing it's real roses not that synthetic rose smell I hate. I also love the glow this gives me it's amazing I love it especially before my makeup application it just creates the perfect canvas so skip the primer..now the downside is that it stings the crap out of my face and I feel little pricks that are itchy and no I'm not sensitive at all this just irritated a little so I gave it to my sister and she says she feels the stinging and pricks but it doesn't bother her and she love this moisturizer.

on 4/9/2013 1:17:00 PM

I bought this as a duo with the VitEsterC and while I love the latter and really wanted to like this moisturizer, I'm sad to say it's not working out. At first, I loved the tea rose scent but as others have mentioned, it tends to be overpowering, leading me to wonder if it's not masking its less-pleasant 'natural' smell. That is not a complaint though. The problem is that after it has set for 15 min or so, if wipe my brow (or anywhere on my face) it crumbs up into nasty little rolls which flake off. The first time I thought it was my new BB cream but again today with nothing on afterwards, it's still doing it. Ew. Which sucks because it's the full-sized bugger that comes with the VitC duo. No matter, from now on, the skin clear pills and vitC are the only Perricone products I'll be spending any money on.

on 3/22/2013 10:31:00 PM

I bought this by mistake it was in the wrong place at sephora and I was in a hurry because the mall was closing. I thought I was picking up the Nourishing Moisturizer but I got is one. I don't mind the rose smell In fact I like it better then the Nourishing moisturizer. You don't need a lot of this in order for it to work really well it so far has not broken me out. I figure if it works I will use it up but I won't buy it again as I do like the Nourishing moisturizer better but this is not a bad product over all.

on 3/15/2013 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this moisturizer in a set from QVC. It was actually the first thing I ever ordered from this company as Sephora and Ulta provide instant gratification because they are local. SO,.... I anxiously awaited my package to arrive :O) yay it's here I thought. The jar is a typical glass face cream jar and the rosey scent although present didn't bother me. The texture is nice and creamy with a gel like texture (not like a thick cold cream) and feels very luxurious going on,,,, until you wake up and have small pustules all over your face. I thought maybe it was me having a bad skin day so I continued to use it for another 5 days. With each passing day I began to get more and more clogged pores and pustule breakouts. The texture of my skin became quite rough and bumpy I have not changed anything else in my face routine and am quite positive this moisturizer is the culprit. BUMMER!!! I quit using like 3 days ago and already the texture of my skin is beginning to clear up. Now... the regretted process of packaging it back up and sending it back to QVC.... Thank God for their great return policy!!!

on 1/5/2013 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had this for about a year. I had to stop using it in summer, because it was too heavy and I think it may have contributed to some breakouts.

I wish I could give this a higher rating. It's a lovely consistency, and very hydrating without being greasy. I use it as a night cream in the winter, and when I wake up the next morning, my skin looks great and feels very soft. Unfortunately, I cannot handle the smell.

When I first got it, all I noticed was a rose scent-- not great, but not unpleasant. However, as the months have gone by, I've started to notice a fish smell which is hard to ignore. There is no way I could wear this during the day, and frankly, I've gotten to the point where I really don't want to use it at night either.

It's a shame, because I do think the product performs extremely well. But the smell is a deal-breaker.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This came boxed together with other products in special kit from Sephora. I had tried one other Perricone product before and not been impressed. The sales lady enthused about the Face Finishing Moisturizer, so since it came along with the other products I thought I'd give it a try. I noticed immediately it had a rose scent but thought that it might go away as soon as the product absorbed into my skin. No such luck at all. Half an hour later I could still smell the roses strongly. Ugh. An hour later the scent was still overpowering to me. The moisturizer was a light moisturizer with more of a flat finish, but the rose scent put me off so much I had to wash my face after an hour to get rid of the roses. The Perricone site will tell you "delicate rose scent" so you are forewarned. Just not usable for me with its over-powering scent at all. I would most definitely suggest getting a sample to try if you've never used a scented moisturizer on your face before and besides, why bother with roses on your face to conflict with other scents you might use?

on 11/20/2012 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This one is for normal, combination or oily skin types. I bought this during my frantic search for a moisturizer. My skin was parched to the point where it was too painful to wash with water. This moisturizer did not help me in my plight. It sits sticky and moist on the surface of the skin, never absorbing. It gives that feeling of instant hydration, but within an hour of exposure to the airconditioner there would be tightness around my cheeks. Fake moisturising effects. Its strong rosey fragrance is not that foul, but I could smell it the entire day..so annoying. Its the only moisturiser that I could not apply my Chanel SPF50 on top of, as it would lump up into sticky little balls. My face itched the whole day I had it on. And the tacky jar and thin plastic lid? Perricone must be taking us for a ride here. I got upset when my lid broke on the 3rd week, considering the hefty price of the cream. The only good thing is, it never gave me zits. But I finally gave up on it and passed it on to my DH. It gave him a nice glow within a week, his skin loves it and it shows. Pity he's not the one reviewing here, cos its just 1 lip for me.

Popular Moisturizers