October 31, 2014 | 779 users online

Moisturizers - Perricone - Face Finishing Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ryegirl1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this moisturizer in a set from QVC. It was actually the first thing I ever ordered from this company as Sephora and Ulta provide instant gratification because they are local. SO,.... I anxiously awaited my package to arrive :O) yay it's here I thought. The jar is a typical glass face cream jar and the rosey scent although present didn't bother me. The texture is nice and creamy with a gel like texture (not like a thick cold cream) and feels very luxurious going on,,,, until you wake up and have small pustules all over your face. I thought maybe it was me having a bad skin day so I continued to use it for another 5 days. With each passing day I began to get more and more clogged pores and pustule breakouts. The texture of my skin became quite rough and bumpy I have not changed anything else in my face routine and am quite positive this moisturizer is the culprit. BUMMER!!! I quit using like 3 days ago and already the texture of my skin is beginning to clear up. Now... the regretted process of packaging it back up and sending it back to QVC.... Thank God for their great return policy!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for about a year. I had to stop using it in summer, because it was too heavy and I think it may have contributed to some breakouts.

I wish I could give this a higher rating. It's a lovely consistency, and very hydrating without being greasy. I use it as a night cream in the winter, and when I wake up the next morning, my skin looks great and feels very soft. Unfortunately, I cannot handle the smell.

When I first got it, all I noticed was a rose scent-- not great, but not unpleasant. However, as the months have gone by, I've started to notice a fish smell which is hard to ignore. There is no way I could wear this during the day, and frankly, I've gotten to the point where I really don't want to use it at night either.

It's a shame, because I do think the product performs extremely well. But the smell is a deal-breaker.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This came boxed together with other products in special kit from Sephora. I had tried one other Perricone product before and not been impressed. The sales lady enthused about the Face Finishing Moisturizer, so since it came along with the other products I thought I'd give it a try. I noticed immediately it had a rose scent but thought that it might go away as soon as the product absorbed into my skin. No such luck at all. Half an hour later I could still smell the roses strongly. Ugh. An hour later the scent was still overpowering to me. The moisturizer was a light moisturizer with more of a flat finish, but the rose scent put me off so much I had to wash my face after an hour to get rid of the roses. The Perricone site will tell you "delicate rose scent" so you are forewarned. Just not usable for me with its over-powering scent at all. I would most definitely suggest getting a sample to try if you've never used a scented moisturizer on your face before and besides, why bother with roses on your face to conflict with other scents you might use?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This one is for normal, combination or oily skin types. I bought this during my frantic search for a moisturizer. My skin was parched to the point where it was too painful to wash with water. This moisturizer did not help me in my plight. It sits sticky and moist on the surface of the skin, never absorbing. It gives that feeling of instant hydration, but within an hour of exposure to the airconditioner there would be tightness around my cheeks. Fake moisturising effects. Its strong rosey fragrance is not that foul, but I could smell it the entire day..so annoying. Its the only moisturiser that I could not apply my Chanel SPF50 on top of, as it would lump up into sticky little balls. My face itched the whole day I had it on. And the tacky jar and thin plastic lid? Perricone must be taking us for a ride here. I got upset when my lid broke on the 3rd week, considering the hefty price of the cream. The only good thing is, it never gave me zits. But I finally gave up on it and passed it on to my DH. It gave him a nice glow within a week, his skin loves it and it shows. Pity he's not the one reviewing here, cos its just 1 lip for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by aspirationfailure

I can't believe the cost of this product. This moisturizer did nothing for my skin. When I first applied it, it went on smoothly and felt nice. It dried to a nice matte finish. However, I don't feel that it actually moisturized my skin. In the morning, my face was oily, shiny, and when I washed it, I noticed that there was a layer of product on my face. It seems the moisturizer just sat on the top of my skin like a mask. I would not reccommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This did nothing for me, did not even moisturise. Smells nice, nice texture, absorbs quickly into nothingness. I dont need much moisture but this didnt even deliver light moisture. Seriously, drugstore stuff is a mile ahead of this, dont buy into the hype. Did nothing for skin texture, tone ,etc. Ended up using it as body moisturiser just to finish it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this cream for a few weeks at night. I haven't noticed any reduction in fine lines, but my skin does stay pretty well moisturized without drying or chapping that I often get in the winter. It feels a bit thick and greasy but absorbs pretty good. I love the fflowery smell, but the scent is a bit strong and I'm not sure if its a good idea to put such a heavily scented product on my face. Since I haven't found anything groundbreaking with this, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Coconut0404

It's ok I guess. It's just not as moisturizing as I thought it would be. I have to put Argan oil on under it so my cheeks don't get dry mid day. It does provide a smooth canvas for foundation though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by LyssaMonet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this moisturizer off and on.. My skin enjoys FFM for a time, but after one jar, I need a break.. Know that probably doesn't make sense, but it is like a "boost" for my skin for the a time, then I switch to a mild moisturizer.. Yes, the product does have a SLIGHT odor and that is because of the active "fish type" ingredients.. The odor goes away and really is not that bad.. Perricone products contain high amounts of all sorts of ingredients so this can be irritating to some.. I suggest getting a sample (if you can), try it out and see.. You maybe like me and just need to give your skin that "boost" every now and again..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by missyd915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive only just tried a sample of this moisturiser so il update after a few weeks use, but i can say that upon intial use i have just gone straight onto ebay an purchased another larger pot. This cream is absoloutly gorgeous, it smells lovely and the texture is just right. It soaks right into my skin absorbing almost straight away and leaving a silky, matte and refined feel yet it is plenty moistursing. I dont know how this would do for dry skin as mine is normal/combination but this is exactly what ive been looking for. May just my hg face cream but il see how it does after a few weeks and update.