October 25, 2014 | 1815 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If your hair is matte, this product is for you. Because it softens your hair, also after using it for several times the hair looks more shiny. Whenever used, just a little amount is enough because it foams so much.It is a plentiful product, one can use it for several months. Another important thing is that it is not for daily usage as told before. You should use it alternately with your shampoo.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Ayeshatariq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My overall rating of this shampoo is good. I probably would buy it again from time to time, but there are many other shampoos that cost less and work better. Value for money is poor and packaging is just difficult.
The shampoo does what it says, gives body and shine to thin hair. Somehow it leaves the hair with a squeaky clean feel. The smell is strong when you open the jar, but subsides as you use it. It's a detergent like smell, but not bad at all. I actually quite like it. The product has salt crystal so I don't really scrub my scalp, for fear of the salt having a sandpaper effect.
The shampoo is mild and does not cause me to break out. I have a weird allergy where I break out on my neck and jawline, if I'm not using a good shampoo. So the shampoo is truly full of natural goodness.
There's a reason that shampoos always come in a bottle. The jar makes is difficult to scoop out the product and if you take too little, you are putting in your wet hands into the product. Also makes it difficult to use in the shower, because you have to close the jar with one hand. The jar gets slippery and unscrewing the top is difficult.
All in all, worth a try, but not HG shampoo material.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Loooove this shampoo. It's definitely different, and I put off trying it for a long time because it just seems so weird, but I'm glad I finally did! It's actually really easy to use -- wet your hair, scoop out a decent sized dollop of this, wet it a tiny bit, and massage into your hair. I kind of like the fact that this shampoo is chunky...it feels like I'm exfoliating my scalp, which is really nice! It lathers well and leaves my hair really clean, but shiny and soft at the same time (which not many shampoos can do for my oily hair!). I don't find it adds much volume like it claims to, but I use this more as a clarifying shampoo, since it really gets out grease and product build up. I definitely would not use this every day -- I think it's kind of harsh for that. I use this 1-2 times a week and it's perfect.
I had to take of one lippie for the smell though. This almost smells awesome...very clean and beachy, like the ocean. But along with that nice beachy smell is a really gross fishy scent. I had my roommates smell this and they didn't notice it, but I can totally smell a strong, fishy odor when I use this. I'm assuming it's the seaweed. Thankfully the fishy scent doesn't stick in your hair at least, but I definitely notice it when I'm lathering up and it's not pleasant.
Highly recommend for anyone with fine, oily hair! I promise this stuff is not as scary as it seems! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by shoegal2122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the concept of this shampoo. It smells nice, but very strong, I like the smell, but my boyfriend thinks it smells terrible. It is very drying to the hair. I would not recommend for dry or damaged hair. I can definitely tell it clarifies the hair from product buildup and is very abrasive with chunks of sea salt in the shampoo. I do not recommend for daily use since it is very drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally curly hair and I've noticed that lately my curls have been looking lifeless and not as bouncy. My hair has also been on the oily side recently. I decided to give BIG shampoo a go and whilst in the shower I was shocked as to how straw-like/waxy/dry it made my hair feel. You definitely need a good conditioner with this shampoo. I just couple it with my American Cream Conditioner and they complement each other quite well. After I air dried my hair I noticed that my curls were a lot more defined and voluminous afterwards, which is something my hair hadn't experienced since last summer at the beach!
This shampoo lathers very well in comparison to Curly Wurly, however, I don't like the smell of this as much as the sweet coconut scent of Curly Wurly. I decided to use the two shampoos interchangeably because BIG can be quite a drying deep clean shampoo, so it would not be ideal for daily use. It's an amazing product I will definitely re-purchase, however, I don't think that will be for a while as this tub will last me a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am obsessed with this shampoo. Smells like heaven!!! And leaves my fine thin hair with more body and volume. The texture is strange and takes some getting used to. It literally feels like rubbing grains of salt in your hair but once you get a nice lather it foams up. It's wonderful. Favorite shampoo ever will keep repurchasing forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by xxBeautyObsessedxx

I love this! I have very oily roots and normal ends. This makes my hair squeaky clean and really works to get rid of all the oil. I can see how it would be very drying on dry hair though, But because mine isn't dry I use it every time I wash, which is every other day. Love the smell, it's so fresh. The texture took a bit of getting use to, but now I really like it, and it lathers up so well.
But, I have to say the whole 'big' thing doesn't work for me. I have
a lot of hair anyway so I have a decent amount of volume naturally, but found no difference in volume while using this shampoo.
That said, I'd still recommend to anyone with oily hair or for anyone who wants a deep clean every once in a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Mellifluence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used this product for about two months, and I can't say I noticed any massive difference in hair volume, but it was an effective clarifying shampoo. Maybe a bit TOO effective – even though I only wash my hair twice a week, and I was careful to use 'Big' only on my oily roots, it stripped all moisture right out of my hair if I didn't regularly swap it with a more moisturising shampoo.

Like most Lush products, a little goes a long way. As it's in a tub, it was a bit of a hassle to keep hygenic, but keeping a clean teaspoon in the bathroom does the trick. The texture took a bit of getting used to, but it smells like the ocean. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

So many negatives based on presentation for BIG; The packaging isn't easy to open with pruny shower hands whether wet or dry, there's no easy way to get to the product other than scooping it up with your fingers and it's not textural appealing, and not to forget the unhygienicness of having to use fingers or your own spatula to remove the product for use. The only hygienic way to use this is to sanitize a spatula, remove an amount of product you believe will be enough for your hair, putting it in a container to bring into the shower or tub, and hoping it doesn't get ruined before you need it. Frustrating enough to just say "Pfft, no."

Otherwise, the smell is great. I really like it. Too stripping on my dry scalp (that reacts to stripping my natural oils, even with the addition or good-for-skin oils and/or butters, by creating a boatload of sebum) for usage on anything other than super-oily and excessively moisturized hair and scalp.

Taking my more sensitive scalp out of the equation, I've deemed this to be worth 2 stars because it will add volume to thick hair and scrub a sweaty, oily scalp in summer/tropical weather. Doesn't do well with fine hair due to the salt causing quite a bit of crunch and doesn't play well with dry scalps. Some people will find BIG useful in specific situations, but most would just think about all the work to keep it from molding and the fact that the amount of product you get for the price is just too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My very first Lush product recommended to me by the SA, after showing me a ton of products and how they work.

I have super oily highlighted blonde hair. I am the person who washes my hair in the morning, and in an hour my bangs are looking greasy from getting in my face too much. And the rest of my hair is looking oily after 6-8 hours every day just from a normal day! I've been trying to work on this with salon clarifying shampoos and conditioners for years. They helped tons compared to any drugstore brands which I haven't gone back to for years, but have tons of chemicals in them and that's what was causing my itchy scalp and bumps on the back of my neck and under my hair.

I tried Big and I lovvvvvve this shampoo. It completely changed my hair and my scalp. I am only using it once a week because it does similar things to my hair as swimming in the ocean consistently which is GREAT for my scalp (a lot less oily) but very drying in some ways as well, making it difficult for me to comb through it and I want to make sure I am also not damaging my super fine, thin, colored hair too much either! But once a week to clean my scalp it's amazing. And you can also use it as a scrub on your body which I haven't even tried yet! I love the texture, the packaging, how it lathers and rinses clean, the results of a clean scalp and such clean hair with lots of body! One lippie off just because I bought this thinking I could use it more often on my hair.

I would never try this unless you have such extreme oily hair and scalp like I do, because I think it would be way too drying! I would try one of their other products if your hair is not extremely oily or if you just need body.