Clean Clean

2.6

Soooo, I was looking online for clean smelling perfumes, and what should I find...CLEAN! "the fragrance that smells like you just stepped out of the shower, with top notes of...." and yada yada yada.. anyway, i was debating buying the fragrance online.. it sounded EXACTLY what I was looking for.
I told my mom of my findings and she said that I should probably smell it before purchasing (wise idea =) ) just my luck, she was headed to the big city 4 hours away over the weekend and would gladly stop by Sephora to get me a sample.
Well, she brought it home, and when i sprayed it.. OMG I WAS HORRIFIED!!!! It smelled cheaply made, absolutely nothing like described..
My mom put it on, and it smelled parfumey, musty and like old lady on her, on me... it was putrid.. I smelled like WET DOG ! which, yes many wet dogs are CLEAN when wet xD but thats so not what the smell im going for :p let me just say I will never be purchasing the CLEAN fragrance.. i'm still interested in smelling the "shower fresh" one, but not without a free sample first..

*just fyi.. i sprayed it on myself about an hour ago.. it still smells like wet dog... lovely*

If I could give this rating a 0.. I would =)

XOXO
-R

on 8/26/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow. Im very surprised at all the bad comments.

Ive been using this product for 3-4 years now. Its very simple,clean and sophisticated.Especially great if you work in the office where some people are allergic to heavy smells.
Will buy again.

on 8/21/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This smells like public bathroom soap...not my top choice of what to smell like.

Love this scent. I had been looking for something that smells *clean* and soap-like, obvi this was the one for me. I initially bought this in a 3 pack of small roller ball tubes from Sephora that also contained Simply Soap and Provence. This was the favorite so I bought a full-sized. I like it because it isn't overwhelming or too floral. I get lost of complements on this, too. I can't wait to try out some of the other Clean scents.

on 2/21/2010 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yawn. It smells...clean. Bought it unsniffed and wished I hadn't. Boring.

on 2/18/2010 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I received a tiny sample bottle of this with an order. I agree with the previous reviewer that this scent smells like cheap perfume. I do not find this scent appealing at all.

on 2/13/2010 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought a set of 3 roller-balll fragrances from Sephora since they were on sale for $12CAD (clean original, simply soap and provence). I really expected these scents to be a lot better than they were! Clean Original smells like some sort of cleaning product and provence smells like a cheap perfume. I found simply soap to be the least offensive of the 3, but I still wouldn't buy a full bottle of it. Not worth the money.

on 1/26/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

i bought this when it first came out and was very popular. it is a very clean scent (as promised) but i prefer VS body for that fresh, out of the shower scent :)

on 12/15/2009 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is disgusting. It smells like shampoo on a wet dog. Gag-worthy. Clean is the antonym to what this is.

on 11/3/2009 9:09:00 PM

This fragrance is silly -- why buy a bottle of this when Febreze is five bucks at the drugstore! Seriously, it smells like fabric freshener, which isn't a bad thing in and of itself. It just makes it a bit ridiculous to buy this at Sephora -- besides, I'd rather smell more like perfume than cleaning products.

Popular Fragrances