December 20, 2014 | 1035 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

Well.......for the first few days, I really liked it. Somebody below described the synthetic clay smell and I would agree. It is not an overpowering scent and once your face is dry, no longer smells. But yeah, the squeaky clean became more of a waxy buildup after a few days. I didn't break out and it didn't dry my skin, but it felt like the product was ending up depositing itself on my face after several days of use.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Drying. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I received a sample of this product and have been using it consistently for the last couple of weeks.

This isn't the worst cleanser I've used but I have mixed feelings about it. Firstly, I have acne-prone skin and have been told to stay away from anything which "foams" because these products tend to aggravate/cause acne. Knowing this, I decided to give this a try anyway, and I now can't help but feel that the two large blemishes I have on my forehead and chin have been caused by this product.

Secondly, it is fragrance free but it smells like "synthetic" clay, which I dislike.

The mousse texture is also too thick and I'm suspicious of any product which lathers up to this extent (what kind of chemicals are in this product to make it do this??).

Another downside is that it leaves a film on my face even after rising off thoroughly. This film is so thick that it literally makes your skin feel squeaky clean (like I can actually hear my skin squeaking when I rub it!!) but in a not-so-clean kind of way...if that makes sense!? It really is a strange product.

The positives are that it removes makeup beautifully, it is not drying, and other than the blemishes it caused, it has not irritated my sensitive skin.

Overall, this product feels too artificial for my skin and I will not be purchasing it. I will go back to my Clarins Extra-comfort Cleansing Cream, which has been fantastic for soothing and keeping my acne under control.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by sesameyee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for ages, it cleans very very well with just a tiny amount of product (pea size) I won't call it is too expensive.
I love to use this with foaming net that I buy from MUJI. It can create the smoothest luxury foam with the net so it won't be too drying esp. in winter times.

My face feels very clean n fresh after using it. LOVE IT!!
cleans really well, and i even use this as brush cleanser, all dirt comes out in a second. YAY

After i used a few tubes for these, i think the formula is a bit different from the old ones,
it becomes more watery then before maybe I will end up using it faster then before.
the packaging is a bit annoying tho. i always squeeze too many.
Otherwise i will give it a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this cleanser for years to remove makeup. I love it. My skin feels clean after and I don't find that it leaves a film like other reviewers have mentioned. The only drawback to me is the price. As a college student with no job at the moment, 19.50 is a bit much for me. I recently switched to Pond's Luminous Clean but it just isn't as good in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser ever! A tiny amount of this very concentrated, mousse-like product is all you need to thoroughly and gently remove all makeup, leaving skin soft, smooth and clean. A tube lasts me about seven months and when I get to the point where I can't squeeze out any more, I cut open the tube and scrape the remains out into an empty pot which gives me another 2-3 weeks' worth!
I've tried a similar Estee Lauder product in a GWP but found it too highly scented so keep going back to Clinique. I seems to have been using this for years and now wouldn't use anything else.
If you are using Clinique 3-Step this product is used before the Liquid Soap, not instead of it.
I've given a four for packaging only because this cleanser is so thick that I think a pot would make it much easier to get at.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by shygirl7

I received this as a sample. I use it on the days where I wear long-wearing makeup and it takes it all off. I use this product for that purpose only because I like to use a milk cleanser. I work this product in, rinse well, then follow with my moisturizer at night time and I wake up with clear skin! To really test this cleaner, I used it to clean my beautyblender and it completely gets all the stains out, even after its been left for a few hours with long-wearing makeup! I like it to simply "rinse off" my makeup from the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using a deluxe sample that I received in a GWP. The foaming cleanser appears to always be included in their GWP for some reason. Now on to the actual liquid in the squeeze tube itself. The cleanser is more creamy in texture than the liquid cleansers in pump packaging. It also has tiny beads so it can double as a scrub. It leaves my skin very clean and tight. The tight sensation is not good for the drier portions of my face. It really strips all the oils from my face. It is too harsh, in my opinion. I will only use it in a pinch when I have run out of my staple cleanser which is the cheap as chips Ego QV Gentle Wash. A good thing about Clinique's rinse off foaming cleanser is it doesn't smell bad like some of their other products since they're all fragrance free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser because it removes my makeup remover (Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm) and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. If you're not oily-skinned, it would probably be too drying. Also, it has turned out to be the best brush cleanser I've ever used, beating baby shampoo by a mile. It removes all the stain and leaves my brushes looking new. I know, it's too expensive to be used as a brush cleanser, but it takes only a TINY amount of this, whether cleaning my face or cleaning my brushes. If you buy this and don't like it, use it to clean your brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is really awesome as a makeup remover. A little goes a longggggg way. I did find my face felt a bit tight after using it, but nothing moisturizer can't fix. I have so many samples of these (and clinique aways has huge samples) so I like to bring them when I go away. For now, I've moved onto a cleansing milk and haven't been using this anymore, but it's a good product that I might come back to.