Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 12/6/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I agree totally with the review below. This left my skin painfully dry yet when I touched my skin or moved my face to talk or whatever, it felt like there was a waxy, film-y layer of soap scum or something still on my face that I desperately wanted to wash off. Literally feels like that ring around your tub you can't stand to even look at. After using this I noticed my skin literally "squeaked", it was so dry, maybe it was a cry for help. On the sides of my face, around the cheek area my skin cracked and peeled for a few days. And yes I followed with a normal cleanser and moisturiser. It made no difference.

This cleanser is in one word : bizarre. I don't get how this is so stripping yet leaves skin feeling like there is a layer of drying wax building up on it!! I noticed it leaves a nasty ring around my sink and I have to rinse and pour water (and possibly CLR) over it repeatedly to get it to finally go down the drain. It's just awful, no wonder the Clinique counters always have big samples for free of this stuff. I'm not even sure what to use this for. . .I can't help but wonder if it's some sick joke at Clinique.

on 11/25/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this as a cleanser/makeup remover in an attempt to own a multi-functional product. It did not work out. This cleanser is similiar in texture to a lot of popular cleansers on the market. It foams very well. It removes makeup easily and completely. It also left my skin feeling extremely hard and dry immedialtely after I used it, and also over time. The SA told me that since it is a makeup remover, and not JUST a cleanser, that if I used it too much it could mess up the PH balance of my face. So this did not work out for me. I'm not exactly sure wo it would work out for. If it works for you, your skin must be Teflon.

on 9/20/2013 6:01:00 PM

I haven't had a lot of luck with Clinique skincare products in the past, but this is one product I have repurchased. I have combination acne-prone skin, and this is a nice gentle cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin at all. I tend to use this when my skin is really acting up, because this forms a nice, cushiony lather that feels good on the skin, and it isn't too harsh on any active breakouts. When I use this my skin feels really clean, but not stripped or dry in any way. It has kind of a waxy, soapy smell that doesn't bother me and doesn't linger on the skin. Like I said, it foams up really well and feels really nice on your face, and you don't need to use much to cover your whole face. I use this maybe a few times a week, and a tube lasts me several months. This isn't an everyday cleanser for me, because it doesn't really help my acne problem, but the fact that it doesn't make it worse makes this one a keeper for me.

Well.......for the first few days, I really liked it. Somebody below described the synthetic clay smell and I would agree. It is not an overpowering scent and once your face is dry, no longer smells. But yeah, the squeaky clean became more of a waxy buildup after a few days. I didn't break out and it didn't dry my skin, but it felt like the product was ending up depositing itself on my face after several days of use.

on 9/13/2013 6:56:00 PM

Drying. Won't repurchase.

on 9/13/2013 12:33:00 AM

I received a sample of this product and have been using it consistently for the last couple of weeks.

This isn't the worst cleanser I've used but I have mixed feelings about it. Firstly, I have acne-prone skin and have been told to stay away from anything which "foams" because these products tend to aggravate/cause acne. Knowing this, I decided to give this a try anyway, and I now can't help but feel that the two large blemishes I have on my forehead and chin have been caused by this product.

Secondly, it is fragrance free but it smells like "synthetic" clay, which I dislike.

The mousse texture is also too thick and I'm suspicious of any product which lathers up to this extent (what kind of chemicals are in this product to make it do this??).

Another downside is that it leaves a film on my face even after rising off thoroughly. This film is so thick that it literally makes your skin feel squeaky clean (like I can actually hear my skin squeaking when I rub it!!) but in a not-so-clean kind of way...if that makes sense!? It really is a strange product.

The positives are that it removes makeup beautifully, it is not drying, and other than the blemishes it caused, it has not irritated my sensitive skin.

Overall, this product feels too artificial for my skin and I will not be purchasing it. I will go back to my Clarins Extra-comfort Cleansing Cream, which has been fantastic for soothing and keeping my acne under control.

on 9/4/2013 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for ages, it cleans very very well with just a tiny amount of product (pea size) I won't call it is too expensive.
I love to use this with foaming net that I buy from MUJI. It can create the smoothest luxury foam with the net so it won't be too drying esp. in winter times.

My face feels very clean n fresh after using it. LOVE IT!!
cleans really well, and i even use this as brush cleanser, all dirt comes out in a second. YAY

After i used a few tubes for these, i think the formula is a bit different from the old ones,
it becomes more watery then before maybe I will end up using it faster then before.
the packaging is a bit annoying tho. i always squeeze too many.
Otherwise i will give it a 5.

on 8/30/2013 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this cleanser for years to remove makeup. I love it. My skin feels clean after and I don't find that it leaves a film like other reviewers have mentioned. The only drawback to me is the price. As a college student with no job at the moment, 19.50 is a bit much for me. I recently switched to Pond's Luminous Clean but it just isn't as good in my opinion.

on 8/26/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the best cleanser ever! A tiny amount of this very concentrated, mousse-like product is all you need to thoroughly and gently remove all makeup, leaving skin soft, smooth and clean. A tube lasts me about seven months and when I get to the point where I can't squeeze out any more, I cut open the tube and scrape the remains out into an empty pot which gives me another 2-3 weeks' worth!
I've tried a similar Estee Lauder product in a GWP but found it too highly scented so keep going back to Clinique. I seems to have been using this for years and now wouldn't use anything else.
If you are using Clinique 3-Step this product is used before the Liquid Soap, not instead of it.
I've given a four for packaging only because this cleanser is so thick that I think a pot would make it much easier to get at.

on 8/26/2013 5:14:00 PM

I received this as a sample. I use it on the days where I wear long-wearing makeup and it takes it all off. I use this product for that purpose only because I like to use a milk cleanser. I work this product in, rinse well, then follow with my moisturizer at night time and I wake up with clear skin! To really test this cleaner, I used it to clean my beautyblender and it completely gets all the stains out, even after its been left for a few hours with long-wearing makeup! I like it to simply "rinse off" my makeup from the day.