March 2, 2015 | 1732 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Lip Smackers

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

If you've never owned one of these when you were a kid...wow...you must have been a sad kid (no offense lol) bc these things are THE shiiz!!! They are targeted towards young kids but I find that these are one of the most moisturizing lip balms out there and especially for the price. You can find these everywhere so next time you see them grab one and they smell amazing. Some are better then others and some have different textures as well as some get really annoying smelling and you really got to switch it up so for long time users I'm sure you feel the same way as I do - keep a few different flavors in stock and you'll never get bored of that same smell. The only downfall is some of them aren't as good as others like I said different textures and some of them accentuate the dryness and leave like that weird cast or whatever on the insides and corner of mouth...not sure if that make sense but yeah some of them tend to do that :( only downfall. If I had to pick one I'd probably say cotton candys my favorite. Even bonne bells lipgloss are crazy goood...check those out as well! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love lip smackers because of the flavors, the scdnt (on most) and its cheap! I find some flavors have more of a waxy feel and are therefore more moisturizing (like strawberry and watermelon) and the more off the wall flavors (like Skittles or starburst) have a more watery texture, have a more chemical smell and don't last as long.

I know the product is aimed for someone much younger than myself, but I continually buy it because I have yet to find another flavored lip balm I like better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by MagicalUnicorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lipsmackers are lovely, I already have tons of them because i'm addicted to the flavors and cute packages and just collecting them.

It is not the most moisturizing lipbalm ever, but it does make your lips feel nice and soft when you are wearing it.
If you have chapped lips and want a lipbalm to repair them, don't choose Lipsmackers because the ingredients are not all natural, they have mineral oils in them which is bad for your lips (takes a whole article to explain why, so better google it ;))
So they're not great if you want 'healthy' lips but they do have an overall nice feeling and if you don't really care that they might be bad for your lips, go use them!

The packaging is very, VERY adorable, but it doesn't always work. Sometimes if I twist the balm out, it will not get back in so you have to press it back with your finger. But that's not a very big deal. I still love using them. Just not for the moisture haha.

Oh also, I prefer the ones without glitter or shimmer. Because with the shimmery ones, the balm goes into my lips after a while and the glitters stay on my lips so it feels very gritty. And the glitters are usually sliver which gives my lips a white glaze and it doesn't look as pretty on me as it does on others. But that is just my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont care how old I am, I will alwas love these fruity little things! so cheap, always smell amazing, and feel nice on my lips. Always have some around!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by CherryD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these so much kiwi and coke are my two favorite flavors the kiwi is a little more moisturizing but the coke is great too. Obviously they taste incredible any 5 year old could tell you that and they're a great price you can get an 8 pack with different flavors for $10.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by PureAmbrosia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The root beer Lip Smackers is amazing. For some reason, this flavor is more moisturizing on my lips than any of their other flavors. I also love the soft look it gives, along with the slight tint. I've gone through several tubes, and when I try other flavors or lip balm brands, they never measure up to the root beer balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Other than the interesting flavors, these are very average lip balms. If you have chronically chapped lips like me, you'll want to look for something more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by dogmilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of these as they were on sale after X-mas in gift sets for half price. This made my total of Lip Smackers to around 30.
These are moisturizing, though they are kinda sticky after you apply it to your lips but it goes away. It does take a while to heal really dry lips, but my lips are pretty moisturized anyways from using these.
They do peel the skin on my lips, but I actual like that because my lips are smoother after the dead skin comes off.
The scents are great, but after using the same scent for a while, it gets boring, so I switch them up.
Most of the ones I have a good texture, though I have one that is really bad. Its called glam it up in Stellar Strawberry. The texture is HORRIBLE, probably because of the sparkles in it. The lip glosses are pretty good, go on smoothly.
The packaging is cute, it suits the different types of Lip Smackers there are.
I wouldn't buy these again though because I have so many that my family has banned me from buying more lip products until I've finished them all probably a few years :( .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

i agree with autumnsylver with this one, it is drying to the lips and your always re aplying ( i re apply lipbalm/chapstick a lot anyway though) i also think lip smackers has changed a great deal from when i use to use it as a kid, todays lip smackers are kind of bitter in taste and very drying i dont remember them being drying or leaving residue when i was a kid..
but who knows, what kid pays attention to that anyway?

anyway, the only reason i still buy these is because, there are no other chapsticks that have unique smell that i can get localy from a drugstore.. i could get better flavors from a different brand online though... but that's always a pain especially when it's off ebay and your forced to bid against other people for it.

damn you new founders of lipsmackers! fix it so it's not so damn drying and get rid of the bitter after taste ! :O

dont get me wrong you have the right idea but jeez you got to fix the formula. oh by the way the lipsmackers glosses are even worse they make the skin on my lips peel off xO

my favorite lipsmackers stick though was always Watermelon and Pink Lemonade.

i think the company needs to start testing out the product on themselves not children...then maybe they will notice the damage that it makes on there lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used lip smackers for about 18 years or so (I started using it in high school). My favourite flavours were cotton candy and strawberry. But after a while, the strawberry flavour started tasting like soap, and the cotton candy started smelling like heavy cologne a few days after I opened it. Also, once it was all absorbed into my skin, I had to constantly reapply it, or my lips felt really dry.
The only flavour that didn't taste or smell horrible was strawberry banana, so that became my regular lip balm.
Then it suddenly started making the skin on the corners of my mouth flake and peel. The first time it happened, I thought I was getting a cold sore, so I treated it like a cold sore and stopped using my lip smacker lip balm temporarily. (But a cold sore never actually appeared on my lip. The skin was just flaky and peeling, so I stopped treating it, and the skin cleared up). After it cleared up, I started using it again, and the skin around the corners of my mouth started flaking and peeling again. That's when I knew that I had to stop using lip smackers altogether. It took me a while to find another lip balm that felt creamy on my lips and moisturized, but I finally found one.