August 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Lip Smackers

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by dogmilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of these as they were on sale after X-mas in gift sets for half price. This made my total of Lip Smackers to around 30.
These are moisturizing, though they are kinda sticky after you apply it to your lips but it goes away. It does take a while to heal really dry lips, but my lips are pretty moisturized anyways from using these.
They do peel the skin on my lips, but I actual like that because my lips are smoother after the dead skin comes off.
The scents are great, but after using the same scent for a while, it gets boring, so I switch them up.
Most of the ones I have a good texture, though I have one that is really bad. Its called glam it up in Stellar Strawberry. The texture is HORRIBLE, probably because of the sparkles in it. The lip glosses are pretty good, go on smoothly.
The packaging is cute, it suits the different types of Lip Smackers there are.
I wouldn't buy these again though because I have so many that my family has banned me from buying more lip products until I've finished them all probably a few years :( .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

i agree with autumnsylver with this one, it is drying to the lips and your always re aplying ( i re apply lipbalm/chapstick a lot anyway though) i also think lip smackers has changed a great deal from when i use to use it as a kid, todays lip smackers are kind of bitter in taste and very drying i dont remember them being drying or leaving residue when i was a kid..
but who knows, what kid pays attention to that anyway?

anyway, the only reason i still buy these is because, there are no other chapsticks that have unique smell that i can get localy from a drugstore.. i could get better flavors from a different brand online though... but that's always a pain especially when it's off ebay and your forced to bid against other people for it.

damn you new founders of lipsmackers! fix it so it's not so damn drying and get rid of the bitter after taste ! :O

dont get me wrong you have the right idea but jeez you got to fix the formula. oh by the way the lipsmackers glosses are even worse they make the skin on my lips peel off xO

my favorite lipsmackers stick though was always Watermelon and Pink Lemonade.

i think the company needs to start testing out the product on themselves not children...then maybe they will notice the damage that it makes on there lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used lip smackers for about 18 years or so (I started using it in high school). My favourite flavours were cotton candy and strawberry. But after a while, the strawberry flavour started tasting like soap, and the cotton candy started smelling like heavy cologne a few days after I opened it. Also, once it was all absorbed into my skin, I had to constantly reapply it, or my lips felt really dry.
The only flavour that didn't taste or smell horrible was strawberry banana, so that became my regular lip balm.
Then it suddenly started making the skin on the corners of my mouth flake and peel. The first time it happened, I thought I was getting a cold sore, so I treated it like a cold sore and stopped using my lip smacker lip balm temporarily. (But a cold sore never actually appeared on my lip. The skin was just flaky and peeling, so I stopped treating it, and the skin cleared up). After it cleared up, I started using it again, and the skin around the corners of my mouth started flaking and peeling again. That's when I knew that I had to stop using lip smackers altogether. It took me a while to find another lip balm that felt creamy on my lips and moisturized, but I finally found one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by vhsale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a kid I never realized what LS did for my lips. The flavors were just so yummy! Now older and much more prone to dry lips, I've tried a whole lot of lip balms but none of them ever did it for me. MUA reintroduced me to LS and I'm sure glad it did! LS doesn't leave my lips feeling rubbery
or dry even after it's been licked or wiped off! The flavors are just as delicious as I remember them but now I truly appreciate LS as a product because it's dirt cheap and does it's job better than any other lip balm I've ever tried! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by LexLexSi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this balm!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by caisaco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I found my new favorite chapstick ever, I loved Cotton Candy. I bought three 5 packs on sale for only a dollar per 5 pack, so cheap!

My lips feel great, but I've noticed they make my breath really gross (well to me definitely because I can taste the bad breath) And I never have gross breath! But every time I put this on, no matter the flavor, my mouth tastes gross and my breath smells like I haven't brushed my teeth! haha really it's gross..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Whenever I see these, I remember memories of when I was in elementary and this was the only form of "makeup", apart from face powder, that I was allowed to wear. And for some reason, despite being "cheap", this did work pretty well. I think what sold me more was the flavors and the scents of these rather than how much they moisturized my lips, which made it quite addicting, but for the most part, it did train me to always put on my lip balm to prevent my lips from chapping! :)) Great product, despite the fact that I use higher end makeup, this never fails to do the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So, i was looking for a lip balm in my room one day, andbj fiund my old skittles strawberry starfruit one...so i was like why not right? So i put it on, and i immediatly fell back in love with them!! I dont know why some people thjn theyre not moisturizing, because i found them tk be more moisturizing then most lip balms ive tried!! And dont even get my started on the scents.... I have now pink lemonade, red raspberry, and vanilla, and a cotton candy liquid lip smacker....i especially like the vanilla one because it was my favorite when i was little and i still love it!! My friends have confiscated it from me when i would put it on every 5 minutes in class.... Like cupcakes out of the oven....mmmmmm!:D overall, i deffinitly recoment and a deffinite repurchase :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by thevnilly

I'm a lip balm-aholic in general, so I always have multiple tubes on hand. But, I've recently fallen back in love with Lip Smackers. I always used them as a child for fun, but now I'm really loving them for the yummy scents, super softness they give my lips, and great subtle sheen. Right now I have Dr. Pepper, Cotton Candy, Watermelon, & Strawberry Vanilla. The only con so far is that I really hate the scent of the Watermelon one, unfortunately. For some reason the smell makes me nauseous, so it'll get passed on to my niece. Too bad you can't sniff before you purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly they are awesome, perfect to apply when you really don't want to wear much of anything...plus most lip balms having nothing on them. Also their lip glosses are awesome, nearly as good as some of revlon's in my opinion with a much better smell.