October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - DiorSkin Compact Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2007 5:59:00 AM More reviews by shoobysue1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This compact foundation sat in my pores and wrinkles and made them more obvious, it didn't hide my blemishes either. I have combination skin prone to spots and need more coverage than this has to offer, so I'll be returning this back to the shop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by littlelamb

This powder foundation is wonderful. I tend to go for medium-coverage liquid formulas, but bought this one on a whim. I'm glad I did! It actually provides good medium coverage for me, and I only need to dab a little concealor on top of blemishes and scars. It smoothes out my pores (although it doesn't cover them entirely) and leaves a very smooth and satiny finish which is not chalky at all. This comes in a tiny navy compact with a sponge and mirror inside, and an adorable navy velvet pouch (akin to Chanel's black velvet pouches). 1 lippie off because it's expensive for the small amount of product you get, but I think I'll repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is NOT worth the 41$ U.S.! It is supposed to have light refelcting pigments, but it is very matte. Settles into fine lines, and I am only 23 so I really don't have many! Catches on flakes badly, and makes your skin feel dry and tight, even when applying over 2 coats of moisturizer. Very heavy and has a lot of pigment, more like a going-out makeup than a daytime makeup. the compact is small but bulky, and does not have a seperate compartment for the sponge, so the dirty sponge sits on your powder all the time. Has a lot of fragrance in it, but the smell fades after a minute or 2 of being on your face. Not the worst powder I have tried, but definitly not the best, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by nene2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Makes my skin look so flawless. Get so many comments when i use this. I have pale/pinky skin and use the #200 shade in summer and #100 in winter. Just seems to make my skin look perfect. Well worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by miki53

::Pros:: looks natural, silky, no break out.
::Cons:: no coverage, expensive, bit flakey for dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by julevasquez

I have always used Lancome Dual Finish and it was OK. I was sick of using it, the color was a bit off and it didn't last. I looked at Chanel and then at Dior. I am trying to wean myself from heavy foundations and use something a bit lighter. (That horrible acne cycle, heavy foundation to cover which makes the acne worse.) I absolutely LOVE the great coverage, color, finish! It is a bit expensive, $41 at Macy's, but I see on the bottom of the compact it is refillable. I put it on with a brush over tinted moisturizer and I got raves from my husband. He said I was glowing. Most powder foundations look so matte, this does not. Also, when I put a bit of bronzer and blush on, everything blended perfectly. I am definately switching!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by MaryOK

I REALLLLLY like this foundation. I'd never tried a high-end powder foundation before, but I was at my local Dior counter for something else and the S/A suggested this. I decided to give it a try. AMAZING!!!! This makes my 40-something skin look like almost flawless mid-30's skin. I found that this is all I need (with some concealer on spots). No more liquid foundation. Also . . . I find the sponge to be a better way to apply this as a foundation--the brush didn't provide enough coverage for me. I also had a little trouble in the beginning with oil showing up on my t-zone, but a mattifier underneath fixes that. It's worth it to me for the beautiful finish this foundation provides--plus it's so easy to apply and touch up if necessary later in the day. It gives my skin a luminous glow. I don't look tired all the time (well, the Dior Skinflash around my eyes is helping there, too). I'm very pleased.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I LOVE Dior's HydrAction line of skin care and thought I'd give their makeup a chance too. So far, the only makeup of theirs I've tried and LIKED is the Airflash spray foundation. I've also used DiorSkin UltraMat, DiorSkin Sculpt, and DiorShow Unlimited Mascara. This DiorSkin compact was just so-so. The color (300) matches my skin all year somehow, which is awesome. It goes on very dry and has very little coverage unless you really cake it on, which I hate doing. While it does work to even out my color, it does NOT cover any blemishes. I got this with the hopes that it would be the only product I'd have to put on my face...if I have to use a concealer and a primer to make it look right, the foundation is out. It also has a weird sparkle to it...I noticed when I looked in the mirror, it looks like my skin (mainly in my pores) has microglitter stuck in it. Very strange. Even though it's a very dry makeup and leaves the skin feeling dry all day (dry like dry skin, which I have, probably due to talc being the first ingredient), I still get quite shiney/oily on the T zone - about the same as (or more than) if I didn't bother with makeup at all. What's the point? It doesn't cover blemishes OR control shine, so why even bother? I've had it for about 6 months and keep trying to like it...I've used the sponge and a brush to apply it, but neither impresses me, so it's going back to Sephora this week (along with the UltraMat which I also got because I thought this would be too glowey...but glitter does NOT equal glow) in hopes that Vincent Longo's line might be better for my dry and sensitive skin (I usually use Bare Minerals, but that's also quite drying and a p.i.t.a. to apply and travel with). It's not terrible, it just doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by lillip1185

i can see how some people might like this... but it did not work for me at all!! it was good for controlling shine, but that's about it. i need a lot more coverage than this powder has to offer, and if i attempted to get more coverage (by dabbing the sponge over the blemish like the sephora girl recommended) it ended up looking cake-y and you could see the difference in areas i tried to conceal vs. the areas i did not try to conceal. and not to mention the price!?!? $60 for an itty bitty compact?! no thanks.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sammifan

This is a horrible foundation for me. I have never had this much problem with any foundation. When I first put it on, it looked really great; great coverage and matched my skin very well. About 1-2 hours after I put it on, I already looked oily and I have normal skin and it is Winter in Toronto! Not only did I look oily, but I looked very unnatural because of the light reflecting particles. After another 1-2 hours, I had to blot my face again. I have already blotted my face twice this morning, which is really rare.

I guess it only works for people with really dry skin?