April 17, 2014 | 1858 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Base Lumiere - Illuminating Makeup Base

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by PcElIcA

It's good base..I use it only when I go out, and this base every time done a good job on my face.
The packaging is nice, but hey it's Chanel!:D
The price is only bad side, but it last long in my case..
I' maybe buy this product again, this ''maybe'' is just because I think Shiseido and Kanebo are the best on the primers market. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice little primer from Chanel that does what it says it does, especially for drier skin types. It feels smooth and moisturizing going on, and upon drying leaves the skin with a velvety soft finish. I don't know that it really brings much in the way of mattifying properties to the table, so it might not be what oily girls are looking for, but it does smooth out the complexion and extends the life of foundation. Like all Chanel products, I feel it's somewhat overpriced, so I took off a lippie for that. However, I also feel it is somewhat unique amongst primers, as it seems to moisturize a bit, which is a huge plus for me during the winter months when I'm as dry as a bone. This really helps keep my foundation from disappearing into my skin by midday, which makes it worth the cost.

Definitely recommended for drier skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by eugeniesmooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice product. It's lovely as a primer, but you can put it over your foundation for a natural glow as well.

Price is a bum, but beautiful stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hautelyodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to be lazy about primers, but I've been using this primer for about half a year now and now I won't put on foundation without this base underneath. For me it really smoothes out the unevenness and pores on my skin so the foundation goes on smoothly. It does an excellent job in keeping the foundation on my face as well, but understandably it is not as effective in the summer heat. Right now, in the middle of winter, it prevents my skin from flaking, and coupled with my Shu Uemura foundation, it gives a lovely complexion. I just bought another bottle- a little goes a long way, so 25 quid is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this primer, it's amazing! It balances both the dry, flaky patches and the shiny, oily spots on my combination skin so that my foundation glides on smooth and flawless. It helps to extend my foundation's wear time. I am somewhat breakout prone and it does not cause any breakouts or clogged pores either. I have never found a primer that meets all these criteria! I will definitely keep repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Base Lumiere under my Chanel Lift Lumiere for months. At some point, I asked myself if I could justify the product. I really couldn't. I couldn't tell that Base Lumiere was or was not on my face. Believe it or not, I like cheaper primers better. Presently, I use Too Faced Primed and Poreless. I use a generous amount of Primed and Poreless and its presence does indeed reduce the amount of foundation that I need.

I am break-out prone and noted no cloggies with Base Lumiere. I don't have a problem with Primed and Poreless, either.

As far as "illumination," I never noticed illumination after my foundation went on. I did see a glow beforehand. If you want illumination, try Meteorites by Guerlain. I like the Pressed Meteorites in Color 02. Great on the cheekbones.

I am putting Base Lumiere in my Cash for Clunkers pile.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

I feel like this is just lotion. A really expensive tiny bottle of lotion. It doesn't extend my makeup at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I don't like this makeup base/primer, I was told it would get rid of my redness, but I really can't tell the difference, in fact I had a mini breakout. After I let it absorb my skin does not feel smooth, in fact its a tad bit sticky. As for the beautiful radiant glow it was suppose to give me, I see nothing other than oily skin. It must be noted that I use this under my Chanel Teint Innocence (40 Beige) or my Chanel Vitalmumiere (40 Beige) so its not like I am mixing it with another brands foundation. This product was a waste of money I would not be repurchasing this again. It really brings down the reputation of Chanel.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. I tried using it multiple ways... mixed with foundation and/or TM, under foundation (liquid / powder / TM), with different loose powders on top, etc. etc.. However, after a few hours, my face would get really shiny... no amount of blotting helped. I also developed tiny little pimples in random locations.

As far as making my makeup last longer, I *think* it did do that. I seemed to have more coverage at the end of the day (despite the shininess).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by oneofmylies99

This is a really great primer. It noticeably extends the wear of foundation, and slightly minimizes my enlarged pores and fine lines all while giving me a subtle lit-from-within-glow. My mildly sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin doesn't suffer any breakouts or irritation. I have to re-powder my nose much later in the day when I use this primer. This stuff claims to have some moisturizing properties. I don't feel it adds any substantial moisture but it really seems to help retain moisture in my skin. Chanel really got the illuminating part of this primer just right. It could never be described as shimmery, more of a very, very subtle sheen. When I first tried this, before putting on foundation, I thought the subtle glow would be useless - to be completely covered up by foundation. To my surprise, it manages to show through resulting in a beautiful finish. For added glow I'll mix this with the foundation itself or even apply right on top as if it were a regular luminizer.

It has a gel-like lotion consistency. It has silicones in it but it doesn't have that super-slick silicone-slip. My foundation doesn't glide over this as easily as some other primers but definitely more so than when I'm not wearing a primer. This is scented but only very lightly. The packaging isn't the best. I wish it came in a squeeze tube that is easier to squeeze. It's not too big of a deal because the product comes out very easily and without much squeezing. My gripe about it is that when you get to the end of the bottle it's difficult to get the last remaining drops. The boxy rectangular shape is also difficult to cut open in order to access those expensive traces of product. But I'm guessing Chanel doesn't expect it's targeted demographic to care about that kind of stuff. That said, it is a nice, sleek and simple bottle.

I used this with the following foundations over the course of 5 months: Sue Devitt Triple C-Weed Whipped Creme, Chanel Teint Innocence, L'Oreal Age Perfect, Shiseido Tinted Moisturizer. All of which worked really well with this primer.

Don't expect miracles but my face/foundation def. gets an added lift from this and is highly recommended. About $42 for 1 oz.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No