September 21, 2014 | 1077 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Base Lumiere - Illuminating Makeup Base

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: If there ever was a "meh," this is it. I guess I disliked it more than I liked it. It made the foundation go on a bit smoother, but not much. (L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base does a lot better job filling in pores, helping makeup last longer, etc....just make sure you let it "set" at least a minute first.) It felt nice and soft going on. It has a very mild "illuminating" base that's a purpley-opaquey tone, but the color is too subtle. There is a very slight frost to it.

CONS: May be too subtle for some. Not impressed for this price.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser..

ALTERNATES: See "pros" above.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by PcElIcA

It's good base..I use it only when I go out, and this base every time done a good job on my face.
The packaging is nice, but hey it's Chanel!:D
The price is only bad side, but it last long in my case..
I' maybe buy this product again, this ''maybe'' is just because I think Shiseido and Kanebo are the best on the primers market. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice little primer from Chanel that does what it says it does, especially for drier skin types. It feels smooth and moisturizing going on, and upon drying leaves the skin with a velvety soft finish. I don't know that it really brings much in the way of mattifying properties to the table, so it might not be what oily girls are looking for, but it does smooth out the complexion and extends the life of foundation. Like all Chanel products, I feel it's somewhat overpriced, so I took off a lippie for that. However, I also feel it is somewhat unique amongst primers, as it seems to moisturize a bit, which is a huge plus for me during the winter months when I'm as dry as a bone. This really helps keep my foundation from disappearing into my skin by midday, which makes it worth the cost.

Definitely recommended for drier skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by eugeniesmooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice product. It's lovely as a primer, but you can put it over your foundation for a natural glow as well.

Price is a bum, but beautiful stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hautelyodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to be lazy about primers, but I've been using this primer for about half a year now and now I won't put on foundation without this base underneath. For me it really smoothes out the unevenness and pores on my skin so the foundation goes on smoothly. It does an excellent job in keeping the foundation on my face as well, but understandably it is not as effective in the summer heat. Right now, in the middle of winter, it prevents my skin from flaking, and coupled with my Shu Uemura foundation, it gives a lovely complexion. I just bought another bottle- a little goes a long way, so 25 quid is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This primer is great for combination skin. It does an excellent job at balancing both dry, flaky patches and oily spots. Foundation glides on smooth and flawless over it. It helps to extend my foundation's wear time, though there are some other primers that I feel are even more effective. It does not cause breakouts or clogged pores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Base Lumiere under my Chanel Lift Lumiere for months. At some point, I asked myself if I could justify the product. I really couldn't. I couldn't tell that Base Lumiere was or was not on my face. Believe it or not, I like cheaper primers better. Presently, I use Too Faced Primed and Poreless. I use a generous amount of Primed and Poreless and its presence does indeed reduce the amount of foundation that I need.

I am break-out prone and noted no cloggies with Base Lumiere. I don't have a problem with Primed and Poreless, either.

As far as "illumination," I never noticed illumination after my foundation went on. I did see a glow beforehand. If you want illumination, try Meteorites by Guerlain. I like the Pressed Meteorites in Color 02. Great on the cheekbones.

I am putting Base Lumiere in my Cash for Clunkers pile.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

I feel like this is just lotion. A really expensive tiny bottle of lotion. It doesn't extend my makeup at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I don't like this makeup base/primer, I was told it would get rid of my redness, but I really can't tell the difference, in fact I had a mini breakout. After I let it absorb my skin does not feel smooth, in fact its a tad bit sticky. As for the beautiful radiant glow it was suppose to give me, I see nothing other than oily skin. It must be noted that I use this under my Chanel Teint Innocence (40 Beige) or my Chanel Vitalmumiere (40 Beige) so its not like I am mixing it with another brands foundation. This product was a waste of money I would not be repurchasing this again. It really brings down the reputation of Chanel.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. I tried using it multiple ways... mixed with foundation and/or TM, under foundation (liquid / powder / TM), with different loose powders on top, etc. etc.. However, after a few hours, my face would get really shiny... no amount of blotting helped. I also developed tiny little pimples in random locations.

As far as making my makeup last longer, I *think* it did do that. I seemed to have more coverage at the end of the day (despite the shininess).