Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish

4.1

Water, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-3 Cocamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Ternafolia Oil, Triethanolamine, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Polyquaternium-39, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylparaben, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Flour, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Propylene Gylcol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Salvia Officianlis (Sage) Leaf, Rose Canina Fruit Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140). 6/1/09

on 1/19/2013 8:08:00 AM

This scrub smells very lovely and feels quite nice on the skin; it's definitely a "high end" facial skin care item, and feels "luxurious."

But is that all I want in skin care, the feeling of luxury?

Not really.

I prefer workhorses. So while this smells lovely and feels luxurious, for myself, it only offers moderate exfoliation. I suppose if you have sensitive skin, this might be useful.

I need more horsepower, however. I prefer Philosophy's "Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash" for my daily, physical exfoliation. Yeah, it's much more modest. Doesn't smell like Neiman Marcus, doesn't have a pretty peach color, has rather cheesy packaging.

But it gets the job done, every day.

With my Clarisonic, it provides just the right amount of physical exfoliation, without stripping my skin.

This is a lovely little pony; charming and pretty. But I need an adult breed that allows all my over priced anti-aging productsto get in and do their job.

This isn't it.

on 10/25/2012 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

A good physical exfoliant! I've been using this for almost 2 years and have repurchased. I usually use this while taking a break from my clarisonic. It isn't drying and doesn't irritate my skin like other facial scrub. 100g of product can last me for 5 months so it's really worth the price

It's an amazing product and the only one that helped me get rid of the white heads on my chin. I have tried every product that is on the market and none of them worked as well as this one. It definitely made my skin flawless, no acne at all.

on 10/1/2012 3:28:00 PM

This is a nice basic scrub that has enough abrasive to make your skin feel smoother after using it. I had a generous sample size that probably lasted about 8-10 uses, so a month or so. It's strong enough that I wouldn't recommend using it every day, but 2-3 times a week should be okay. I didn't notice any odor or irritation (it won't tear your skin apart like some) and it rinses well enough. My sample was in a tube, so easy to use in the shower. While I think it's a nice product, it's expensive for a scrub. I can't see spending so much on something that should be one of the cheaper components of a beauty routine. OTOH, if you really want to splurge on a scrub, this is a good option.

on 9/18/2012 8:59:00 PM

The product works fairly well at exfoliating your skin. With twice a week use, I noticed the white heads on my chin getting cleared up. Going over a two week usage might give some dry patches on your skin with some skin peeling in winters (atleast it did on my skin). Even though it's on the expensive side for a face exfoliator, I would consider re-purchasing this product.

on 5/16/2012 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The smell alone will keep me from buying this. It smells like nail polish remover. It's very strange. I don't care if this worked or not, I can't put this on my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Absolute HG for me. Like others, I got a full-sized sample of this with a 500-point LM perk, fell in love, and purchased the full-sized tube (brilliant marketing - ha.)

I'd been searching for years to find a manual exfoliant after Dermalogica changed the formula for their Skin Prep Scrub. This stuff is even better.

What I'm always looking for in a cleanser of any kind is something that completely cleanses, leaves my skin squeaky-clean, but doesn't dry it out or make it tight. Tall order, I've found.

To achieve this, I was having to use one cleanser to remove all of the makeup debris, oil, and other residues, then an exfoliant to completely rid any dead skin. Then I'd often have to use another cleanser to finish the job.

This does all of the above and leaves my skin soft. It does a knock-out job of exfoliating and has tiny, tiny very dense beads packed into a creamy base. Often exfoliants like this will leave a greasy residue, but this does not.

I'd never have thought a makeup line would produce an excellent skincare product, so this was a surprise. I'll buy it again and again. Great stuff.

on 3/31/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product that works well on my normal skin with fine pores. Gave me a nice glow and soft skin. Did not make my face feel dry or sting like Earth Sciences scrub. Particles felt small and smooth unlike others I have tried. I use it in the shower and apply it with Face Secrets Exfoliating Cleansing Sponges (Love them!)

on 3/23/2012 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ow, ow, OW. This stuff was way too harsh for my skin. Felt like it was tearing! My face was red, shiny, and tight after using the polish. The next day my skin went into overdrive in oil production. :( I received a sample of this from Sephora, and I'm so glad I didn't actually spend any money on it. Only had to try it once to know that it was Not For Me. Avoid if you have dry & sensitive skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora. This is a great scrub. It's very fine and doesn't feel harsh on the skin and my feels baby smooth after. This retails for $30 in Sephora and though I like this product, I would never purchase it since I generally think that drugstore skincare lines like okay and l'oreal are just as good and so much more affordable.