November 28, 2014 | 1533 users online

Scrubs - Laura Mercier - Face Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Absolute HG for me. Like others, I got a full-sized sample of this with a 500-point LM perk, fell in love, and purchased the full-sized tube (brilliant marketing - ha.)

I'd been searching for years to find a manual exfoliant after Dermalogica changed the formula for their Skin Prep Scrub. This stuff is even better.

What I'm always looking for in a cleanser of any kind is something that completely cleanses, leaves my skin squeaky-clean, but doesn't dry it out or make it tight. Tall order, I've found.

To achieve this, I was having to use one cleanser to remove all of the makeup debris, oil, and other residues, then an exfoliant to completely rid any dead skin. Then I'd often have to use another cleanser to finish the job.

This does all of the above and leaves my skin soft. It does a knock-out job of exfoliating and has tiny, tiny very dense beads packed into a creamy base. Often exfoliants like this will leave a greasy residue, but this does not.

I'd never have thought a makeup line would produce an excellent skincare product, so this was a surprise. I'll buy it again and again. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by virtualgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product that works well on my normal skin with fine pores. Gave me a nice glow and soft skin. Did not make my face feel dry or sting like Earth Sciences scrub. Particles felt small and smooth unlike others I have tried. I use it in the shower and apply it with Face Secrets Exfoliating Cleansing Sponges (Love them!)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by braisinhussy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ow, ow, OW. This stuff was way too harsh for my skin. Felt like it was tearing! My face was red, shiny, and tight after using the polish. The next day my skin went into overdrive in oil production. :( I received a sample of this from Sephora, and I'm so glad I didn't actually spend any money on it. Only had to try it once to know that it was Not For Me. Avoid if you have dry & sensitive skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I got a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora. This is a great scrub. It's very fine and doesn't feel harsh on the skin and my feels baby smooth after. This retails for $30 in Sephora and though I like this product, I would never purchase it since I generally think that drugstore skincare lines like okay and l'oreal are just as good and so much more affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by promokaren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I got it as a sample and just expected it to be so-so. I have a Clarisonic that I LOVE, but my skin can only tolerate it about once a week. I find that this scrub is perfect for those in between times. Even though it is VERY thorough as a scrub, it's also surprisingly tolerated by my sensitive skin... but get a sample first because it is definitely "scrubby". I bought a full sized tube and have been very pleased with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got a generous sample of this in a Laura Mercier sample kit at Sephora (with VIB points). I don't think I would have tried this scrub otherwise, as I have quite a few products for facial scrubbing/exfoliating. But I'm so glad I got this sample. This is a really good scrub - really "scrubby" so you have to be careful not to overdo it but the base foams nicely and the grains scrub thoroughly (unlike my Clarins scrub, where the grains are so few and so ineffective that they are more a nuisance than anything else). The scent is pleasant and the whole thing rinses away leaving a lovely, smooth skin in its wake, just waiting to soak up some moisturizer. I will certainly consider purchasing a full size of this if I ever manage to finish up a single facial scrub I already have on the go!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ardt7667

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a wonderful scrub. My acne clears and my face looks like I just had a facial. I can use it every day if I choose, but usually a few times a week. A little goes a long way, so it is a great value. The particles aren't too abrasive to the touch, but they certainly do a great job of polishing my face! Great light fragrance. A must own!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by esavage83

Pros
Love the glow
So soft
Only have to use this once a week

Cons
Expensive
Had to get a little used to the roughness

I love this! I usually wash my face, steam
For 5 mins and polish and put fresh soy moisturizer while still wet from rinsing.. My face looks amazing and I never say that! Best weekly exfoliant!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by LGel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from Sephora and I liked it so much that I asked for it for Christmas. I have extremely sensitive and very dry skin. I only use this once or twice a week because I don't think my skin could handle any more than that. It is rough, but I am used to exfoliators so I'm okay with it. Plus, I rub it in gently. You only need a small amount so the bottle will last a long time (especially for me since I use it about twice a week!). My face feels nice and fresh after I use it.

I only gave it a 4 because I've only used a couple of exfoliators before so I don't have much to compare it to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I received a sample size of this product from Sephora using my 500 point level. It was in a kit with a foundation primer, tinted moisturizer, eyelid primer? and mascara (all sample sizes). I have very sensitive face skin. As soon I saw this product I tried it on the back of my hand first. It is definitely quite grainy and would be too harsh on my skin type. I found a new use for it. I decided it would work better as a hand exfoliator.