July 29, 2014 | 2026 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, some dark circles under the eyes that need covering.

Let's be honest, I bought #4 Neutral/Fair b/c Lisa Eldridge favors this one. And I would use it on and off, but really ignored it b/c in the early days, I thought the concealer also was meant to be a all-in-1 concealer my circles. What I've come to realize is that *I* do need a peach/salmon corrector first to cover the purple/blue under eye circles.. then apply a good yellow brightener over (thank you Bobbi Brown's Covering Circles Blemishes & More page).

I reach for this over my YSL TE #2.5 which reflects way too much light and looks obvious. Clinique's doesn't crease, settle, good price, yada yada...

UPDATE 11/17/2013:
Found my HG eye concealer in the CoverFX G30 Total Cream Foundation. Just a few days before purchasing the CoverFX, Clinique was running a great GWP and and and.. gah... LIsa E loves this pen so I had to get a replacement. Glad I did.. I'm topping it over the CoverFX, and for once, I'm happy about my eye circles. (Reaching over Burberry, which is more pigmented and needless at this point.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to light weight undereye concealer. It is also a favorite of Lisa Eldridge. I love the neutral fair shade as it has a yellow base which cancels out the purple tones in my undereye circles.
Use a light hand with application! A little goes a very long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiaheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after hearing Lisa Eldridge's raves. It was way too light for an under-eye concealer for me, so it sat in my makeup drawer for a long time. Then yesterday, I decided to try just putting it on my areas of hyperpigmentation from old breakouts. I put a bit on the red areas of my cheeks, chin and middle of my forehead. It covered the redness beautifully, as well as the large pores on my cheeks. It definitely has highlighting/brightening capabilities. So I will definitely continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is a lifesaver. I use the lightest shade (fair) which is very, very pink toned. It does a beautiful job correcting the darkest areas under my eyes. I actually like that it doesn't have a lot of coverage and acts as more of a thin corrector than a concealer because my undereye area is dry and slightly textured. Anything heavy tends to get cakey and looks super awful and obvious. This also illuminates but it's not glittery... it just looks like you have nice, healthy skin. As far as value goes, it is expensive considering the amount of product you get, but I have found that it lasts about 3 months with daily use. This product won't work for everyone but it suits my purposes perfectly and I use it every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by reese17

I found out about this concealer through Lisa Eldrige's website and when I was given a sample at the Clinique counter, I decided to give it a try. At first I panicked because the shade (04/Neutral) looked too light (I'm an NC25) but the saleslady said that it would blend with my skin once I had it on. This is GREAT for brightening up the undereye area and some spots because it really *does* adapt to your skin tone. I also love that it has a dry finish so it doesn't cake u like other creamier concealers out there. My only complaint would be the packaging - if you twist too much, you end up wasting a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

On days that I do minimal makeup, this is what I reach for to brighten up my under eye area. I have this in shade 2 and I'm about NC25/30 and it has a peach undertone that helps neutralize any darkness there. It is a very lightweight concealer so it won't cover up all my dark eye circles but it just brightens and lifts the area. If you 're looking for a good coverage product for the under eye area this is not it. If your under eye area is not that dark, this will do. I love the light texture since I've got dryness in that area and this never accentuates it and its sort of moisturizing. It would be nice if this had a bit more coverage but for now I like it enough to buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

I have this concealer in shade 04. Supposedly it illuminates and perfects under eye circles. However its consistency is so lightweight that it doesn't cover up anything. There are lots of less expensive concealers that work way better than this one. A waste of money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by karafraser

I tried this concealer after watching a make up tutorial on youtube by Lisa Eldridge. When she said that it was one of her favourites I knew that I would talk myself into buying it!

Firstly I should say that I don't get on too well with undereye concealers. I have tried many that other people rave about (Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Lancome Teint Miracle are examples) and I haven't loved any of them. I have always felt that they look too heavy and make my under eye area look cakey - although my application technique is probably at least partly to blame. With this in mind, I didn't have particularly high hopes for this product.

I have the shade 4 'Neutral Fair' and it is an excellent match for my reasonably pale skin (I am between NC15 and NC20 or Chanel Vitalumiere B10 - B20 for reference). It comes in a little pen and you twist the end to get the product to come out. There is a little brush on the end which you can use to apply / blend the product - although I generally use my fingers.

As soon as i tried this concealer I knew that i loved it. I don't have particularly bad dark circles but I do get shadows around the inner third of my undereye area and this product covers them beautifully. It is also almost impossible to make it look cakey - it is very natural and once it has been applied it is difficult to tell that you are wearing makeup. If you have very dark under eye circles or like full coverage this probably isn't the product for you as it doesn't completely remove darkness but it does reduce them significantly and gives the skin a very healthy glow. It is also quite long lasting and I don't need to top it up on an average day. Although it is very small and light so it would be easily carried around with me if I did want to reapply throughout the day.

If I want a slightly heavier coverage i put a dot of this product onto the back of my hand and apply it with a brush and blend it in with a little of my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer (another tip from Lisa Eldridge). I find that this gives me more coverage.

This concealer isn't cheap but it isn't the most expensive on the market either - it is 17 in the UK and I think this is reasonably good value as it lasts for a long time. The only comparable product I have tried is Lancome's Teint Miracle and it lasted only about half of the amount of time that the Clinique Airbrush Concealer does. I use this product most days and a pen lasts me around 9 months.

Overall this is a brilliant everyday concealer for someone looking for natural coverage for undereye circles.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Tinuwiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your skin is dry, I do not recommend this product. It flakes and settles in the fine lines even after rich eye cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer! I do not have the dreaded dark circles, so I cannot speak to how well this works for that problem. BUT - I have had puffy bags under my eyes since I was an adolescent, and now that I'm older that skin has started to look a little saggy. So, not good at all. I've struggled to find an under eye concealer since products that are too heavy or opaque tend to emphasize my problems.

This goes on like a dream, very smooth consistency. And easily blends out. And I don't know how, but it manages to make the area under my eyes look smooth, less puffy, and illuminated.

This one is a keeper.