Smashbox Smashing Cream Eyeliner - Caviar

3.3

Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Talc, Nylon 12, Silica, Kaolin (CI 77004), Microcrystalline Wax, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, BHT, Vegetable Oil, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)

on 5/1/2009 5:33:00 PM

The pot packaging is great- liner applied with a flat brush is more precise and doesn't dull or require sharpening.

I do have to tug at my eyelid to get a good line, but it won't smudge after about a minute, so I can apply it to my lower lashline too without raccoon eyes by the end of the day.

This liner is pricey, but the pot will last forever.

on 4/20/2009 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I understand the concept of this cream eyeliner's ability to smudge but once it's dried, it should stay in place, regardless. I will say that it is a beautiful color and once it's applied, it looks AMAZING!! Give it 1 hour and you look like you haven't done your make-up in week. I think for the price, it's not worth it. Also as for the packaging, the lid to mine broke so the cream dried up. For $22, it would be packaged a little better.

I would recommend trying it out because it is gorgeous and from experience, different products work better for some people than others. I am trying to perfect a solid black line that will last throughout the day and this product just didn't do it for me.

on 3/22/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as part of the Brow Tech & Cream Eye Liner Palette in the Try Me! set. The following cream liners were included: Image (sparkly green black), Caviar (black), Thunder (grey), Picasso (midnight blue), Putty (brownish grey), Midnight Brown (dark brown). I like the high pigmentation of this liner, as well as the creamy quality. While I understand the concept of cream liners being soft smudgable for smokey eyes, IMO they they should set eventually so that they look the same later in the day as they did when you were finished applying your makeup. I actually don't have smudging problems with this product (no raccoon eyes or anything like that)-- it just doesn't last (it just seems to disappear...) However, I think it's a little overpriced given the quality--I cannot get the liner to last on my lower lashline for more than a few hours even using eye primer and setting it with some powder.

Overall: This isn't my HG, feel that there are better d/s cream liners, and will keep looking.

on 3/13/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A friend of mine reccommended this to me and I have been hooked ever since. I love the texture. My only complaint is that it melts very easily when I am traveling! Great shade of black that stays put when on.

on 1/24/2009 11:22:00 PM

I think all the negative reviews are based on the fact that this smudges - it's supposed to!! It's a cream liner, not a gel liner. I love this liner, with the right brush it gives you a beautiful, dark line, which you can smudge to create smokey eyes if you want. If you use water + brush it will create a line that's less likely to smudge. I haven't had issues with unwarranted smudging on the upper eyelid, but it probably won't last all day on your lower lashline (I don't line my lower lashes, so). If you use a primer it's less likely to smudge off, however if you have extremely oily lids/ live in a very humid climate this is a useless product to buy. If you want all day, smudgeproof lining, you need to look at GEL liners, not cream ones!

on 11/23/2008 5:49:00 PM

this product is a great product that is SUPPOSED to smudge. that's what makes it appealing to some users - the ability to manipulate the shadow and fade it into certain types of shadows and other liners. it is NOT a gel eyeliner that sets - for that there are other types of liner. sales personnel who tell you that this will "set" are mistakenly conflating this type of eyeliner with smudgeproof gels.

on 7/11/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you have the oily asian eye lid problem like I do then this product isn't what you want. I like the creamy application...goes on smoooth with a good eyeliner brush. Unfortunately it disappears after an hour. It definitely does not have staying power.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this eyeliner. I like the fact that it's creamy, and super easy to blend. I don't like pencil liners, so this is a good alternative but NOT if you have deep set eyes. It gives me racoon eyes afteer a couple of hours. It seems to just melt off my eyes, with or without a primer. I'll use it occassionally if I'm only going out for a few hours but I don't recommend it for all day wear. If you don't have deep set eyes you'll probably love it.

on 4/11/2008 9:33:00 AM

This is my first cream liner ever, and although i like how it looks initially i find that it smudges very easily. it is a good deep shade of black, very pigmented.
I hate the flat liner brush this comes with because it is too wide and makes it difficult to get onto the inner corners. Also if your liner has started to dry out a little this brush will just move it around without applying it where you previously lined it.
i would never consider buying this on its own, when i get it in a kit its fine though.

on 3/25/2008 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG eyeliner! I can use it thin or thick it lasts all day. I love it! It does come in other colors but i stick with black.

Top Rated Smashbox Products