Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

At first it cleared up all of my pimples, but then a few days later it came back redder than before, so I quit using it. Then I decided to give it one more try, and now it gave me clear/ red bumps all throughout my face. Very dissapointed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser because i wanted something to help my acne and something that wasn't so drying, since it's a cream(i used cetaphil before) I have oily skin in my t-zone btw. Well overall, i dont like this product.. lemme start of with the pros and cons
PROS
- leaves a tingly, refreshing feeling

- not super expensive. it was around 6/7 dollars

- i dont think it caused me to break out.. although i was only using it for about a week.. i did get a few pimples but im not completely sure it this product caused it

CONS
- left my skin MAJORLY oily!!! I used this at about 12 pm one day, and at 5pm i felt my forehead and it was super duper greasy and oily ughhh. I have never been that oily before in my life!! This is what caused me to stop using it, i've only used it for about a week

- claims to clear breakouts... it didnt clear mine

- claims to see results in only 1 day.. that didnt happen

- my face didn't really feel clean after i used it.. it felt refreshed but not clean

so, i do not recommend this product to people with oily skin. if u have dry skin this might work for you. And My review might not be that helpful since I've only used it for about a week, so u shud probably check out other reviews too.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

It may be perfect for dry skin, but not me :( oily skin.
i feel my face is not clean and still dirt.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I didnt notice my acne getting any better with this product, and it made my acne even redder and brighter. It was very cheap, but not very good quality either. I defidently wouldnt but it again. I feel like it made my acne even worse

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I THANKED GOD when this cleanser came back on the market. It disappeared from shelves for about a year and the reappeared in a new formulation.

I used the old formula for about 15 years and loved it. It was gentle on my skin, but tough on my adult acne. I was worried that the new formula wouldn't be as good, but I don't notice much difference except for the scent, which I don't much care for, but can live with. It feels a bit smoother than before (perhaps the addition of glycolic acid has something to do with the change in texture).

Overall, this is a must have for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As for me this is probably one of the most harsh cleansers Ive ever tried. This had my face soooo irritated it gave me a burning swelling painful sensation , however luckily my face appeared to be normal yet it felt terrible. I tried putting up with it thought maybe my skin could get a bit prone to it but nope. Even after I stopped using this for 2 days my face still felt really sensitive to the touch, it hurt. I felt this also contributed to my acne worsening.

Ultimately the worse face wash i've tried and won't buy again.

Ive gone back to what I now know is my HG cleanser, because it doesn't do what these other acne cleansers do (irritate my skin) and my skin is already clearing up effortlessly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm surprised at the negative reviews, because I actually really like this cleanser.

How I use it: I start out with my normal cleanser to remove any makeup. Then I take a pea-sized amount of this Neutrogena cleanser (yes, I use two cleansers), and smooth it over my face, chest, and the top of my back. I let it sit for about a minute, and then I rinse the cleanser off of my back and chest. I rinse the cleanser off of my face after I leave the shower and visit the sink, rinsing with cold water. This process gives me an interesting cooling sensation.
This is what seems to work for me. I can't really say I have a bad acne problem, but I do get spots occasionally. This has really smoothed out my skin quite nicely. I will definitely repurchase...though probably not soon. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and haven't made a dent!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I struggle with adult hormonal acne, so my skin is acne-prone, but also dry (a terrible problem since most acne products either over-dry or aren't very effective). I also have some fine lines I'm struggling with. This cleanser does a nice job cleansing, and removes makeup well. It is not as drying as some of the other acne cleansers on the market, and not as drying as the foaming neutrogena cleansers. I like this product and will buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm loving the new formula of this face wash! I have used this face wash for as long as I can remember, in the old formulation. I had terrible acne when I was younger and thankfully it's subsided for me the most part. I know the old formula did something, because when I'd go without I'd break out. But when I purchased it the last few times the white part would separate from the clear part, and it was grossing me out.

I figured that since I was still breaking out, I should move on and experiment with other things. I used PanOxyl, but realized that bp products can really dry out your skin, and I'm paranoid that would contribute to aging even though I'm still young. Well I've decided to give salicylic acid another go, and after this face wash disappeared from shelves I noticed it came back. The new formula smells different to me, it's a nice smell, but I'm not too bothered by what face wash smells like anyway; as long as it gets the job done. Also the new formula contains glycolic acid! It feels very rich and creamy, and is not as drying like the old formula. I remember how it used to feel as though it was stripping my skin (but I was young and stupid, and thought that was a good thing).

I've learned that one face wash alone isn't going to tame my problem skin. It's the combination of products/ skincare routine. And I feel this face wash is a good part of my skincare arsenal. I recommend that you revisit this product if you've used it in the past and weren't crazy about it, it's a whole lot better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i usually love neutrogena cleansers but this was no good. i have oily skin with some acne, instead of clearing up my skin it made me break out and my skin felt irritated. i stopped using it and switched to another neutrogena cream cleanser and my skin is now soft. i would not buy this product again.