OPI Ridge Filler

This ridge filler does its job - fills in the ridges on my horrible nail beds nicely. It's a milky white color, which I don't have a problem with, but I can see it being a problem underneath sheers (the ridge filler leaves white lines when it fills ridges). I've finished about 2/3 of my bottle and am thinking of throwing it away at this point - it was great and really easy to apply for about half the bottle, but suddenly got thicker and thicker (I had to keep adding nail polish thinner to get it back to its original consistency). Overall, works great and makes my manis nice and smooth, but I would've liked it better if it hadn't thickened up near the end of the bottle.

Great product. My nails have become stronger after using this.

I really like this ridge filler as a base coat for nail polish-it evens out my nails and allows for a smoother application. Also since it's has a bit of a murky white finish, nail colors seem to show more opaque/vibrant on top. My polish seems to last longer with this as a base coat too (much better then Opi start-to-finish)! However, this being a ridge filler- it gets the job done but I can definitely still see some of my horizontal ridges through the nail polish color.
overall very pleased though!!

I have very deep ridges and this seemed to be my cure! very cool!

did what it said it would, very impressed.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love OPI. Using more expensive base and top coats makes it possible to get away with very cheap polishes;). This is even better than the base coat! This ridge filler dries instantly and my polish stays on forever. Just make sure you use a good top coat, and the polish stays on a week, with hardly no chipping. Will definetly repurchase.
Edit: This seems to make my polish very thick, with an edge at the cuticle, where things fasten and lifts the polish. Will try an Essie basecoat next time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the Seche Vite top coat, but hate the ridge filler.
I hate the OPI top coat, but love the ridge filler.

Granted, SV and OPI are the only ridge fillers I've tried and between the two, OPI is the one that actually fills my ridges. Using this as a base coat does tend to make the polish slide off a tad bit, but not nearly as much as the SV ridge filler. It works for me so I like it.

I don't care for the consistency or performance of this product. I find it difficult to apply evenly. It takes too long to dry, too. I so very much prefer Nailtek Foundation II ridge-filling base coat to this as well as to OPI's Nail Envy products. However, OPI is my favorite nail color brand. I won't repurchase this Ridge Filler.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

At first, like many I was on the fence with this product. I wasn't exactly sure if I liked it, and found that it didn't cover up all my ridges.

No it still doesn't cover up ALL of my ridges, but it covers up most it keeps my nails looking somewhat smooth. And if it doesn't cover all the ridges, the next 2 coats of polish will.

I like that it's matte though, unlike some other base coats such as seche base which drys to a pearl/shimmer finish. Which doesn't look to will if you're using it under a fairly sheer nail polish.

It also drys incredibly fast, in under a minute! Making it very easy to quickly paint your nails.

I just wish that this came in possibly a nude color, or that it would dry clear. It's white, and drys to a semi white/translucent finish. Making it hard to wear if you are going to give yourself a french manicure.

Overall, I love this product and will continue to use it as my base coat. It does not protect that well against yellowing, so I suggest applying a very thin fast drying clear coat underneath it if you wish. It protects somewhat, but it could be better.

EDIT:
I'm surprised some people think it takes a long time to dry. maybe you guys are applying too thick of a coat? I apply a very THIN coat of it, if you apply too much it will turn gloppy and will take a long time. Try applying a thinner coat.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't like this at first, it made it difficult to apply polishes (they would drag), and it appeared uneven. After experimenting I discovered less is more, and it actually works a lot better if you just apply a very thin layer.

It fills ridges in nicely, but it won't cover dents or scratches, but I use a nail buffer for those anyway.

I like how it evens the nail out a bit more, it makes colors look more opaque because of the whiteness.

I'll be using this until I find something better.

EDIT: after using this for a few weeks, I noticed this turns my nails yellow! :(

Top Rated OPI Products