April 16, 2014 | 1860 users online

Brows - Laura Mercier - brow powder duo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this recently from Sephora online sight unseen, and it is a great product used in conjunction with the LM dual-ended eye brow brush for giving yourself a very defined polished eye brow look. I own it in Soft Blonde. The two colors in this small palette are taupey beige and brown taupe per the website. I don't think the actual product has the names of the colors on the bottom of it. If these colors come in singles as eye shadows, you could just buy 2, but having them together this way is a very convenient and "fun" product to own.

To help you decide if this Soft Blonde shade is for you, my skintone is fair to ever slightly medium yellow based. I wear the Laura Mercier nude tinted moisturizer, and her beige ivory silk creme foundation. My hair and eyebrows are very light brown almost dark blonde, and my eyebrows are just starting to have a few gray hairs in them, and they are also developing holes and bare spots particularly near my nose, not at the ends, and they need major help being filled in, and this is where this soft blonde brow duo is worth its weight in gold, and does miracles, although the brush is great for this too.

I only gave it a 4 in packaging because I do think it's on the small side, and could have used a mini eye brow brush with it. I will add more as I have more to say from using it a bit more.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Daphers

I've always had trouble finding the right colour for my brows. I have pale but warm-toned skin and medium-dark brown hair with a little red in it but my brows are much darker and have no red. To make things harder they are also quite sparse.

I'd tried Chanel's brunette eyebrow pencil and various grey-toned brown shades of pencil, none of which looked right.

After reading reviews here I bought LM's brow powder duo in Deep Blonde. The two shades are taupe and a warmer light brown. I don't use the brown much as it's a touch too warm for me, but the taupe? It's perfect. It looks like it should be much too light and grey and yet it works. Rather than mimicking the individual hairs it just gives the impression that my eyebrows are fully "hairy" all the way along so you don't see any skin.

If you've had difficulty finding the right colour I strongly recommend LM and also trying lighter, less red shades than you may have thought you needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product, for me it matches my face perfectly! I've had it for about 2 years and only now it's almost finished. Use this with LM Eyebrow brush, the best eyebrow brush I've ever used. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 6:07:00 AM More reviews by starzi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Really good eyebrow product. Doesn't look fake and stays on the whole day. Although it is a bit expensive, but the price is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 1:17:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

I have VERY dark almost black hair and eyebrows but I'm pretty fair. My eyebrows are pretty sparse and I have a lot of I guess what you would call bald areas although that seems a bit dramatic. Any other time I've tried brow fillers I always picked the darkest or near darkest shade because my hair is so dark and it would end up looking completely fake on me. The darkest shade of this duo matches my eyebrows exactly! You can't even tell I have it on, my eyebrows just look more polished and defined. No running or smearing or anything weird, just great brows!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by johnsod8

I bought this product in soft blonde and deep blonde after reading the reviews on this site. I have dark brown hair, but have fair skin so these colors are just right for me. I purchased a nice brush from Sonia Kashuk since it does not come with one.
I over plucked my eyebrows for years so now I have very few left. This product really does the trick over a good brow marker or pencil(but I prefer the MAC brow marker). The powder blends it in so it does not look fake, and it lasts really well through the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fabulous. I can't imagine not using some kind of brow filler, since I have been filling them for so long! I have had this particular brow powder for a year and a half, and I still have a lot of product left, although I use this every day.

I have the brunette duo, which is a dark brown and a dark gray color, and I mix them (using mostly brown, although my hair is naturally black) together. I have the Benefit hard angle brush, which I was using with the Benefit brow zings, and it works just fine with the LM duo.

My eyebrows have a good shape and are dark, so I really use this for some subtle filling. I comb my eyebrows upward, sweep on the product, and brush my eyebrows down to blend. In between eyebrow threading/trimming, I use the LM brow pencil in Brunette on the very ends to draw some kind of axis (haha).

Anyway, it looks really natural, and if I were to *ever* run out, I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this brow duo in 2 different combinations: Ash and Deep Blonde.

FYI: I have dark (almost black) brown eyebrows, blue-green eyes and very dark (colored) reddish brown hair.

I use ASH when I want more drama or whilst wearing darker makeup colors. I apply the daker of the 2 ashy shades to the outter bow, where I am a bit more thin and in need of a bit more "oompf." The lighter shade is nice for my inner brown corner (above the tear duct) where I have a few light spots, but don't need a lot of color to fill in.

I wanted another - lighter - option, for when I prefer a more "nude" yet polished look. So.... I am currently trying out DEEP BLONDE. Jury is still out.... I may also test drive the SOFT BLONDE (the next time I'm in Sephora.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by hollygolightlyyyyyy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

thanks to a great brow threader, I've always gotten compliments on my eyebrows. whenever I go to counters and ask how to make them thicker and darker, they always tell me go for clear gel, as I don't need it. A LM national make up artist told me I have something great to start with, so why not make it a strong feature? I use the brunette duo, and use the lighter witha hint of dark for all over, and just black at the end where the hair is sparce. I highly reccomend her brow kit, with the tweezermen tweezers, and brow brush to apply this. I use the wider end and start at the base of the arch and sweep through to the end, then I use whatevers on the brush thats left to fill in the thickest part, what starts the eyebrows. The brush is a great investment, and the smaller end I can use for eyeliner, how great is that!

I'm SO glad no one wanted to swap for mine, beccause its a staple!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first brow product that I have ever been satisfied with. I have this in the deep blonde. The colors are a light golden taupe and a soft chocolate brown. The two colors are perfect for me and provide a soft natural look. This is the first product where I cannot see that I am wearing brow color. Product lasts a long time also.