December 20, 2014 | 1255 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Imari

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I don't hate this or love it. Its definitely a "winter" scent tho. I do like it but its not my style at all......I got it as a gift and wouldn't buy it personally.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by tiky232

My mom bought me this as a present, so I wouldn't throw it away. I personally don't think its stinks or is bad, but it's something i wouldn't wear. I like it because it makes me nostalgic of the visits to grandma's house. If I ever needed cheering up, I would wear this scent because it makes me feel warm inside :) But other wise I like to wear fresh or fruity scents.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

This is probably one of the worst scents that Avon ever released, and boy does this stuff smell to high heaven!
To me, this smells like dirty old socks, rubbing alcohol, and wilting flowers left standing in stagnant water.

Quite frankly, if you're considering wearing ANYTHING with the word "Imari" on it, I would suggest Imari Seduction, as it is a VAST improvement on the formula!

The original -- I'm sorry -- is crap in a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is on my barf chunk inducing list of awful perfumes ever made! Sweet, rich, thick, incense, musky, skunk like scent. Kinda like that other toxic waste, Tabu. I absolutely reeked in this chemical waste. So does everyone else wearing it. Not at all good. It's got a dirty, funeral like smell. Sweaty like. So nauseating. Do our noses a kindly favor and avoid this stench. Yuck! But, I admit, in their catalogs, it smelled kinda mysterious........UPDATE:Since the soft and light fragrances no longer seem to be working for me, I have tried Candid and seem to like that. I bought the Imari deo and it is light. Now, the fragrance still seems to be a bit too much for me, but the deo, lotion and powder are doable. Not a terrible scent, just too heavy for me. Who knows though? Since I seem to like the incense stuff these days, I may come to like Imari(I did boost its ratings from a one to a 3!).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Marie2Dessy

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person that thinks this perfume reminds me of old people. I thought I was the only one and wondered why my mom and aunt like it. They are OG's when it comes to Avon and have stuck by this fragrance since before my time. I personally can't stand it, but to each his (her) own. My advice to those that do like this fragrance, is to be considerate of those that you wear it around. They may be too kind to tell you that you reek.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by PinkDagger

I was an Avon representative for about a year way back in the day, and I bought this for myself to try out. What a terrible, terrible mistake. During the time I was a rep, there was a dreadful old hag of a teacher at my school who stank of this purely strong alcoholic stench with a dash of rotting-something. It wasn't until I bought the Imari deodorant AND perfume (deodorant happened to be on sale) that I found out what on God's green earth that woman was reeking of.

I was totally ashamed to use either product (and only did when I was home and KNEW no one could smell me -- or in the perfume's case, never again) because the smell is both overpowering and totally unattractive, in my opinion.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by nursejackie

Just let me say, I am a Avon representative, and I personally can't stand this fragrance. To me it smells like perfume from a gas station. I guess to each their own, but this stuff is very strong and very musky. It also reminds me of being stuck behind a stinky old person in line at a store.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ladyspace1972

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was given a bottle of Imari as a teen, and loved it immediately. For years it was my signature scent. It is certainly different from the scents that are in favor today, which imho are too clean and fruity. I personally don't like smelling like a fruit basket or a muffin, I prefer something with a little warmth to it. I don't have a bottle now, but once in a while I buy the skin softener as a reminder of how great this smells.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this perfume smells awful. Avon labels it in their books as a #1 bestseller, I'm not sure how! Must be the same people who bought it 50 years ago still wearing it. Funny thing is I got this in a skin softener and THAT actually smells, but the perfume is awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by tooltimegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I sell Avon, and I'm not too hyped on most of their perfumes. Some of their more recent introductions are fabulous (Christian Lacroix Rouge, Celine Dion's Spring in Paris, etc), but Imari is one of the old stand-bys that I really wish they would do away with. It is a VERY oriental scent. Spicy and cloying. It doesn't have great staying power (as with most Avon perfumes) and tends to change on the wearer from my experience. This is the quintessential "old lady" perfume. The only people I know that wear it are old ladies, and the smell just reminds me of old lady. I can't help it. Ugh.