Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

This is my all time favourite cleanser!

I have super sensitive skin and even Simple irritates my skin. I get blackheads on my nose and chin and this is the best cleanser I have ever used. I have been using this for many years now and it does what it says when it says itll minimise blackheads after just one use. In New Zealand supermarkets which is where I get it, it's $10 which is pretty good considering I can't use anything else without getting irritation. Its nice and creamy and the beads in it really feel like your face is getting a good clean compared to foaming face washes. It lasts me quite a while and I should be using it more than I do, but it's the best thing ever for blackheads, and cleaning and preventing spots.

If you have super sensitive skin, just give it a try, because I thought it would irritate my skin for sure, it seemed like a brand suited for normal skin not sensitive. But it worked for me so I wont use anything else

on 3/24/2013 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Bought this in high hopes for gettig rid of my blackheads on my nose along with the astringent. They both did absolutely nothing but to irritate my skin like crazy and cause burning sensation. The particles are way too big and it would get stuck onto hairlines on face, it is abolutely horrible to see them getting stuck on hair especially since the scrub isnt doing any job. I've been avoiding clean and clear stuff ever since i tried this, just too harsh and cheaply formulated.

Ok so this is my first time rating any product. It sucks that this didn't work for some people. =/ Anyways, I have tried everything for my acne. My acne's not that bad, but randomly a few months ago I started breaking a lot on my cheeks, which totally annoyed me since that was the only part where I never got any breakouts. So in general I've tried: Mario Badescu, MichaelToddTrueOrganics, Proactive (totally did the opposite and made me break out like crazy), Exposed, MicroDermX, Neutrogena, went to dermatologists and on and on and on. Maybe because I've been using a ton of high end acne products my skin didn't want that?? Or because those products don't work on my skin (half white/half asian) olive skin tone. Anyways, I've been using the Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub and my cheeks are totally clear and my face is so smooth! I would never have guessed from some drugstore product. Anyways, hope this helped! :)

on 1/31/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I used the Target version of this scrub and it broke me out within a few uses. I have dry skin and just wanted to use a salicylic acid treatment + a scrub along my jawline to get rid of rough spots there. 2 lippies for making my skin soft (which any scrub should do at the least). But just not usable for me. I now use Clean and Clear toner for sensitive skin which is working wonders.

on 11/29/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This product worked somewhat, but did not live up to my expectations.
PROS-
-inexpensive
-made my skin feel GREAT & hydrated
CONS-
-did NOTHING for my blackheads
-nasty smell, almost like burnt rubber.
Overall, I would not re-buy this product.

So I had been using this facewash for maybe a year as my partner uses it and so it was around. I also use benzoyl peroxide and retinol cream which I had credited with keeping my acne at bay.

Over the summer, we ran out of this stuff and my partner started using something else--I switched to a fancier face wash, expecting my skin to be even MORE awesome--WRONG. I have been sufferring from the worst breakout of MY LIFE on my chin area and have tried so many things these past 6 months to clear it up.

Last week this was on sale at the store and I picked it up, not really thinking it could possibly hav ebeen this face wash that was making the difference before...I've tried other salicyclic acid products since and none of them helped. 4 days later, my acne is clearing up!!!

Bottom line, this stuff, for me at least, is the best at keeping my skin from breaking out and I will be HOARDING it from now on.

*edited to add: oddly enough, this does nothing for my blackheads though! just my cystic zits. once they are finally gone again i will continue my search for a great blackhead product.

on 11/7/2012 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this! For about a year this all I used on my face. No moisturizers, no spot treatments...nothing. Would just wash with this twice a day and so far this is the only thing that has kept my acne at bay. They stopped selling it in my regular pharmacy so I had to settle with other products and my acne returned with a vengeance.

on 11/1/2012 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this a few days ago, I have very sensitive combination skin and I do not have blackheads- but I purchased this product as my vitamin E exfoliating scrub purchased from The Body Shop has run out - I wanted to try something that is oil free as the body shop vitamin e exfoliator left my skin baby soft but it was too rich and creamy and caused some spots near the chin.

This scrub is oil free with somewhat large exfoliating beads, it did not make me break out unlike the body shop aloe and vitamin c range and made my skin look very healthy/radiant and clear (I get the occasional pimple sometimes), it also felt very soft. Although fragranced it was fine on my skin and the granules contained are both large and small, I used a small amount of product gently on my skin and so far so good, will be updating this review after a month!!! (cream like gel formula) - lovely!!!
Excellent price, purchased from a pharmacy in the UK for only 2 for a very large tube makes a difference as I have paid between 12 and 28 for some very harsh and useless products that are half in size or less in the past.

This was not drying for my skin and neither was it too rich and did not trigger any hyper pigmentation or cystic acne - I'm happy...

update after used for nearly one week- AMAZING ; VERY CLEAR SKIN FEELS SMOOTHER THAN EVER DESPITE TIREDNESS DOES NOT IRRITATE OR OVER EXFOLIATE MY SENSITIVE/COMBO SKIN NOT TOO RICH JUST RIGHT -ADDICTIVE PRODUCT...BEGAN TO REMOVE ANY SCARS ON MY SKIN (NOT HYPERPIGMENTATION/SUN SPOTS)- MAKES SKIN LOOK BRIGHTER AND REFRESHED... I USE IT WHEN I AM VERY TIRED TOO TO GIVE REFRESHED LOOK TO MY SKIN AND WHEN SKIN LOOKS DULL NO NEED TO STEAM FACE BEFOREHAND DOES NOT CAUSE HYPERPIGMENTATION AS IT IS GENTLE ...BETTER THAN MY CHANEL RANGE...

on 9/13/2012 4:31:00 PM

My mom gave this to me after it didn't work for her in clearing her blackheads. I'm not quite sure what this product IS good for, because clearing blackheads or scrubbing isn't either of them. The salicylic acid in this doesn't sit on the skin long enough for it to clear up blackheads or zits. And the cream base is too dense and the scrubby particles are too far apart to make this a decent scrub. I used it up, but I'm glad to say I've found a better scrub in a bottle of L'Oreal's Turning Point scrub.

on 9/8/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

AMAZING!!! I've tried many, many exfoliators and cleansers and such. And EVERY SINGLE one, including the "gentle" ones, have left me with that tight, drying, oh-damn-its-like-soap feeling in which it feels as if all my natural oils + seven layers of my skin has been removed!!

THIS however, was perfect. I've experimented time and time again and always return to this lovely scrub. Not much of a blackhead clearer, but it certainly clears my skin and doesn't dry it out too much - thank god... At last.

Popular Scrubs