October 24, 2014 | 1716 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - blackhead eraser scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the Target version of this scrub and it broke me out within a few uses. I have dry skin and just wanted to use a salicylic acid treatment + a scrub along my jawline to get rid of rough spots there. 2 lippies for making my skin soft (which any scrub should do at the least). But just not usable for me. I now use Clean and Clear toner for sensitive skin which is working wonders.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product worked somewhat, but did not live up to my expectations.
PROS-
-inexpensive
-made my skin feel GREAT & hydrated
CONS-
-did NOTHING for my blackheads
-nasty smell, almost like burnt rubber.
Overall, I would not re-buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by msjoannabanana

So I had been using this facewash for maybe a year as my partner uses it and so it was around. I also use benzoyl peroxide and retinol cream which I had credited with keeping my acne at bay.

Over the summer, we ran out of this stuff and my partner started using something else--I switched to a fancier face wash, expecting my skin to be even MORE awesome--WRONG. I have been sufferring from the worst breakout of MY LIFE on my chin area and have tried so many things these past 6 months to clear it up.

Last week this was on sale at the store and I picked it up, not really thinking it could possibly hav ebeen this face wash that was making the difference before...I've tried other salicyclic acid products since and none of them helped. 4 days later, my acne is clearing up!!!

Bottom line, this stuff, for me at least, is the best at keeping my skin from breaking out and I will be HOARDING it from now on.

*edited to add: oddly enough, this does nothing for my blackheads though! just my cystic zits. once they are finally gone again i will continue my search for a great blackhead product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by CupidShmupid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! For about a year this all I used on my face. No moisturizers, no spot treatments...nothing. Would just wash with this twice a day and so far this is the only thing that has kept my acne at bay. They stopped selling it in my regular pharmacy so I had to settle with other products and my acne returned with a vengeance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a few days ago, I have very sensitive combination skin and I do not have blackheads- but I purchased this product as my vitamin E exfoliating scrub purchased from The Body Shop has run out - I wanted to try something that is oil free as the body shop vitamin e exfoliator left my skin baby soft but it was too rich and creamy and caused some spots near the chin.

This scrub is oil free with somewhat large exfoliating beads, it did not make me break out unlike the body shop aloe and vitamin c range and made my skin look very healthy/radiant and clear (I get the occasional pimple sometimes), it also felt very soft. Although fragranced it was fine on my skin and the granules contained are both large and small, I used a small amount of product gently on my skin and so far so good, will be updating this review after a month!!! (cream like gel formula) - lovely!!!
Excellent price, purchased from a pharmacy in the UK for only 2 for a very large tube makes a difference as I have paid between 12 and 28 for some very harsh and useless products that are half in size or less in the past.

This was not drying for my skin and neither was it too rich and did not trigger any hyper pigmentation or cystic acne - I'm happy...

update after used for nearly one week- AMAZING ; VERY CLEAR SKIN FEELS SMOOTHER THAN EVER DESPITE TIREDNESS DOES NOT IRRITATE OR OVER EXFOLIATE MY SENSITIVE/COMBO SKIN NOT TOO RICH JUST RIGHT -ADDICTIVE PRODUCT...BEGAN TO REMOVE ANY SCARS ON MY SKIN (NOT HYPERPIGMENTATION/SUN SPOTS)- MAKES SKIN LOOK BRIGHTER AND REFRESHED... I USE IT WHEN I AM VERY TIRED TOO TO GIVE REFRESHED LOOK TO MY SKIN AND WHEN SKIN LOOKS DULL NO NEED TO STEAM FACE BEFOREHAND DOES NOT CAUSE HYPERPIGMENTATION AS IT IS GENTLE ...BETTER THAN MY CHANEL RANGE...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

My mom gave this to me after it didn't work for her in clearing her blackheads. I'm not quite sure what this product IS good for, because clearing blackheads or scrubbing isn't either of them. The salicylic acid in this doesn't sit on the skin long enough for it to clear up blackheads or zits. And the cream base is too dense and the scrubby particles are too far apart to make this a decent scrub. I used it up, but I'm glad to say I've found a better scrub in a bottle of L'Oreal's Turning Point scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Cripberry

AMAZING!!! I've tried many, many exfoliators and cleansers and such. And EVERY SINGLE one, including the "gentle" ones, have left me with that tight, drying, oh-damn-its-like-soap feeling in which it feels as if all my natural oils + seven layers of my skin has been removed!!

THIS however, was perfect. I've experimented time and time again and always return to this lovely scrub. Not much of a blackhead clearer, but it certainly clears my skin and doesn't dry it out too much - thank god... At last.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Really, really wanted to like this. I used to have blackheads all over my nose, and I tried this.
PROS:
-Inexpensive
-Leaves my skin soft and hydrated
-Didn't irrate my skin
CONS:
-Didn't help my acne (I know it's not supossed to, but still...)
-Did absolutly NOTHING for my blackheads
-The smell is slightly questionable...I didn't like it. It smelled almost like rubber.
BOTTOM LINE: I would not repurchase because it does not do what it claims to, which is get rid of blackheads.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by chewchewvicki

I use this in the morning when my blackheads stand out on my nose, and it makes them less visible. However, it does not help clear up my acne. I don't notice this doing anything to my acne. The beads don't seem like they are doing any help at all. It leaves my skin moisturized after using it but it doesn't do much. I'm just going to use up the rest of the bottle but I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by horsegirl318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to like this product. When i first started using it i loved it, made my skin soft and hydrated, and since i have a few blackheads on my chin area i thought i worked nicely. But after the second or third day it started making my face really oily and over moisturized and my few acne spots were really starting to stand out. i think this may work okay for a person who has dry skin and is in need for a moisturizing exfoliant because it does exfoilate rather nicely, just VERY hydrating.since my skin is on the oily/ combination side i wasnt for me.