Kiehl's Creme de Corps

4.1

Aqua/Water, Squalane,Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PPG-5 Pentaerythrityl Ether, PEG-5 Pentaerythril Ether, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Benzophenone-3, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja/Soybean Sterols, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Olea Europaea/Olive Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis/Sweet Almond Oil, Prunus Armeniaca/Apricot Kernel Oil, Theobroma Cacao/Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Lecithin,Butylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Leaf Juice,Cl 75130/Beta-Carotene.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I like Kiehl's but oddly, have never tried Creme de Corps, (a cult classic?). I've always been happy with my St. Ives, or for date night, I'd turn VS Vanilla Lace lotion so I just never thought about looking for anything else. So when I was gifted a 4 oz bottle of Creme de Corps for a trip, I confidently packed it away in my toiletry kit for use on the road. And now that I'm on the road, I wish I would have brought one of my regular lotions. Creme de Corps seems to sit on top of my skin the way that Vaseline lotion does, it just never sinks in and leaves my skin feeling, oddly tacky and thick-feeling, like a nasty medical balm, not silky, supple, or even feminine. People claim the lotion is unscented, but I smell it...faint glue-like scent in the bottle and disappears on the skin once worked in, the scent just adds to the the "ugh" feeling of this stuff...along with the yellow color and ugly bottle. And the cost of this stuff is not for the limited purse. Save your money ladies, Kiehl's may have a few products I love, but Creme de Corps is definitely not one I'd recommend.

on 11/20/2013 3:45:00 AM

Nice-ish. Creme de Corps does take a while to be absorbed into my skin and until then it is rather greasy. After that, I find the moisturising effect pretty good. It survives hand washing and that is the ultimate test, in my book. Maybe it depends on how dry your skin was to start with? I cannot detect any smell at all, and that aspect does please me because I don't like heavily scented creams. I'm happy to use up my small bottle, but will I buy again? Probably not. It's expensive for what you get, so when the time comes I reckon I'll wince at the price and go back to Palmers or Aveeno.

on 10/29/2013 6:34:00 PM

Awful product. Horrible smell, greasy, broke me out and to top it off stained my beautiful white linen nightie yellow. When i complained to Kiehls UK, I got an acknowledgement that said they will contact me regarding the issue yet i never heard a thing.
Vastly over-rated and over-priced.

on 10/25/2013 12:52:00 PM

I love this moisturizer! I live in very dry climate & after using this for only 3 days - my dry elbows were cured. Some reviews on here say it's greasy and does not absorb quickly. I noticed it's "richer" than other creams, so do allow for dry time before dressing but I haven't had any issues with it being overly greasy - I LOVE this moisturizer!

on 10/15/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Advance warning: I have never actually paid for any of my Creme de Corps. I buy a lot of other Kiehl's products, so I usually have a coupon laying around for a free bottle with x-sized purchase.

That said, I like it. I work with sea animals, so I spend a lot of time with my hands in frigid, salt water, so they take a beating. I keep of bottle of the Creme de Corps on my desk and use it whenever I have the chance to sit down. I love that it's unscented, it makes my hands feel soft and hydrated, and it absorbs quickly (there's a residue feeling for the first five minutes or so).

Overall, if I ever do wind up having to pay for it, I probably will.

on 10/9/2013 8:06:00 PM

The best conditions to apply this is in a cool environment, at night before bed and while wearing long sleeved and long pants pajamas. It is EXTREMELY greasy and takes a couple of hours to sink in. I made the mistake of applying this in the morning right before before heading out one hot sunny day while wearing and tank top and shorts, and the results were disastrous! I greased everything my skin came in contact with (handbag, people, taxi seat, doors etc). Also, as it was hot I naturally started to sweat and that left me uncomfortably sticky and slimy (sliminess also applies if it rains).

That said, it does leave your skin wonderfully soft and hydrated the following morning. I have very dry skin and this is the only body moisturizer that delivers this kind of results!

However, it is not the cheapest of moisturizers so I would alternate between this and a cheaper moisturizer (there are plenty out there - QV cream, Cetaphil moisturizing cream, etc).

********************************************************************************************************

Ingredients:
Water, Squalane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PEG-5 Pentaerythrityl Ether, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame Seed) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Benzophenone-3, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Seed) Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Lecithin, Butylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Beta Carotene

on 10/8/2013 2:46:00 PM

A definitely no.

on 9/23/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This lotion has saved my hands and cuticles!!! I'm a chewer/picker, can't leave my cuticles alone and they always look horrible. I picked this up at Saks as kind of a last effort b/c nothing else was working no matter what creams, lotions, and cuticle treatments I tried. I've been using this for a week and the difference is amazing!! I bought the big 16 oz. pump bottle to keep next to my kitchen sink but will soon be purchasing another for my bathroom b/c this stuff is also excellent for after shaving your legs. Also, my skin is very sensitive and it doesn't bother me at all. Great stuff!!! I've tried the light version and while it's a nice moisturizer, the original is the best.

It comes in the following:

2.5 fl. oz. for $11.00 ($4.40 per ounce)
4.2 fl. oz. for $18.00 ($4.28 per ounce)
8.4 fl. oz. for $29.50 ($3.51 per ounce)
16.9 fl. oz. for $48.00 ($2.84 per ounce)

on 9/13/2013 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This is such an amazing lotion! It's fragrance free and so hydrating. There's a note on the label saying that after 10 days your skin will be more beautiful than you've ever seen it (something like that, anyway), I rolled my eyes when I first saw this but was pleasantly surprised to discover that they were pretty much right!

on 9/8/2013 1:08:00 PM

Holy Grail body lotion. It doesn't get better than this. Yes, it's expensive, but a little goes a VERY long way. In fact, when I first started using this I only had one complaint - that in certain areas it never seemed to sink in, and my skin stayed a little greasy all day. But soon I realized that I had been using it like I'd been using cheaper lotions all my life: apply after I shower, wait a few minutes for it to sink in, and then re-apply in certain areas (elbows, knees, ankles, tattoos). It was THOSE areas that stayed a little greasy - because I actually didn't NEED to do a second application on them! One (pretty light) pass with this lotion after a shower is enough for 24 hours, and that alone makes it worth the price.
Add to that: fragrance free, and has never broken me out? This stuff is PRICELESS.