January 28, 2015 | 1846 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Creme de Corps

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best conditions to apply this is in a cool environment, at night before bed and while wearing long sleeved and long pants pajamas. It is EXTREMELY greasy and takes a couple of hours to sink in. I made the mistake of applying this in the morning right before before heading out one hot sunny day while wearing and tank top and shorts, and the results were disastrous! I greased everything my skin came in contact with (handbag, people, taxi seat, doors etc). Also, as it was hot I naturally started to sweat and that left me uncomfortably sticky and slimy (sliminess also applies if it rains).

That said, it does leave your skin wonderfully soft and hydrated the following morning. I have very dry skin and this is the only body moisturizer that delivers this kind of results!

However, it is not the cheapest of moisturizers so I would alternate between this and a cheaper moisturizer (there are plenty out there - QV cream, Cetaphil moisturizing cream, etc).

Ingredients: Water, Squalane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PEG-5 Pentaerythrityl Ether, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame Seed) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Benzophenone-3, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Seed) Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Lecithin, Butylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Beta Carotene

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by vasiliki78

-Leaves an oily film
A definitely no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion has saved my hands and cuticles!!! I'm a chewer/picker, can't leave my cuticles alone and they always look horrible. I picked this up at Saks as kind of a last effort b/c nothing else was working no matter what creams, lotions, and cuticle treatments I tried. I've been using this for a week and the difference is amazing!! I bought the big 16 oz. pump bottle to keep next to my kitchen sink but will soon be purchasing another for my bathroom b/c this stuff is also excellent for after shaving your legs. Also, my skin is very sensitive and it doesn't bother me at all. Great stuff!!! I've tried the light version and while it's a nice moisturizer, the original is the best.

It comes in the following:

2.5 fl. oz. for $11.00 ($4.40 per ounce)
4.2 fl. oz. for $18.00 ($4.28 per ounce)
8.4 fl. oz. for $29.50 ($3.51 per ounce)
16.9 fl. oz. for $48.00 ($2.84 per ounce)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by debaser94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such an amazing lotion! It's fragrance free and so hydrating. There's a note on the label saying that after 10 days your skin will be more beautiful than you've ever seen it (something like that, anyway), I rolled my eyes when I first saw this but was pleasantly surprised to discover that they were pretty much right!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail body lotion. It doesn't get better than this. Yes, it's expensive, but a little goes a VERY long way. In fact, when I first started using this I only had one complaint - that in certain areas it never seemed to sink in, and my skin stayed a little greasy all day. But soon I realized that I had been using it like I'd been using cheaper lotions all my life: apply after I shower, wait a few minutes for it to sink in, and then re-apply in certain areas (elbows, knees, ankles, tattoos). It was THOSE areas that stayed a little greasy - because I actually didn't NEED to do a second application on them! One (pretty light) pass with this lotion after a shower is enough for 24 hours, and that alone makes it worth the price.
Add to that: fragrance free, and has never broken me out? This stuff is PRICELESS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this product off an on for years. And then something changed that led me to move this to HG status.

I started getting professional spray/airbrush tans and self tanning religiously. The thing about spray tanning/self tanning is that you HAVE HAVE HAVE to have moisturized skin in order to maximize the longevity of your tan. The more moisturized your skin is the more natural the tan will look, the easier it will fade without patches, and the better the application will adhere to your skin.

After my 3rd spray tan, I started realizing that despite the fact I was moisturizing my body 2, 3, or even 4 times a day I still had dry patches on my body (and the fake tan would stick to those, giving me 'lizard skin'). So I started using the Kiehl's Creme de Corps.

(Before getting spray tans/self tanning regularly, I was using any moisturizer that caught my fancy. Of course I had expensive ones, like the NARS body oil and others in beautiful packaging in my rotation, but they weren't used regularly. I never was concerned about body moisturizers)

Packaging: Basic Kiehl's packaging, simple - but not pretty. I don't particularly mind it, but there's prettier things to have on your vanity. On a side note, my fiance doesn't see it as a 'girly' product and uses it as well. :)

The creme: It's odorless! This is a big plus for me, especially for a daily lotion. I love my fragrance (right now Diptyque Eau de Rose) and I hate when body lotions have a scent that linger on your skin and mix in with your perfume. The Kiehl's is easy to rub in, it feels lightweight on my skin.

It's a miracle. After trying a gazillion moisturizers to lock moisture in my skin and applying them 3-4 times a day, this is a life saver. I can apply it in the morning and there's no dry patches or lizard self tanner skin. It locks in moisture much better than anything I've tried. As a plus, it adds a nice sheen to your skin - almost like a subtle body oil.

As a con - it does take a little bit to sink in. I apply it right after my shower, let it sink in for about 10 minutes before getting dressed.

I recommend it to all women/men. You don't have to use it every day, but for those days when you are battling with dry skin you will be happy to have it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Caraliss13

It simply works !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bubbles1989x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I honestly cannot believe I haven't tried it sooner! Was talked into buying this while browsing a Kiehls counter at my local department store and it is one of my best buys EVER. Although very pricey I feel the product spreads easily and a little goes along way. It is a light formula and drys quite quickly on the skin leaving no greasy/sticky residue. Little or no scent to the lotion However the Butter formula of this product with soy has an amazing scent. I feel it leaves my skin soft, supple and like a baby! If unsure about buying due to price ask your local counter/store for some samples before you buy . . I garuntee you will buy this! AMAZING!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Yvie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It will leave your skin softer than baby-soft. Great texture!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Noahdellebrume

Best body lotion ever! Love this product.