April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kellincarlile

I love MPs great selection of colors. I slowly lightened my hair for the summer, and I knew I would want to dye my hair before it was over. (I had a dark yet obviously fake red hair.) Manic panic is perfect for those who change their hair color a lot. Though sometimes I don't want a very bright color so I get a bowl or container that I can stain, a brush, (any brush will do) conditioner and the hair color I want. Putting as much conditioner n the container to cover the area I'm dying and using the the brush to get a small scoop of my MP color. Mix that together, make it as dark or as light as you want, the lighter you Mae, it will turn Out pastel. I love this because its very light but still fan and makes the dye last WAY longer.

NOTE. Manic panic is an all natural semipermanent dye. It will not last as long as chemical dyes. But I have found that using the manic panic on my ends its leaving them n better shape than before. I love this dye but to each its own.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by MillieSkittles

I Bought Manic Panic Cotton Candy Pink. Bleached my hair to as light as I could get it, then applied the color. It absolutely wouldnt stick. I tried three times that night, then tried again three days later. it just washed right out, even after leaving it over night. Went to the store and bought a different brand pink, worked perfectly. what a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Sketch14

The First time i used manic panic in Cotton Candy... i didnt go to school until i got dye again. I bleached my hair using a 30 volume developer and it turned a really light orange (previous hair being red) in some spots white and others a darker orange. Stupidly i still put in the dye. I needed the full jar for my boob length hair. After an hour, my hair was a darker orange in most spots or the same, even in the white spots.
Recently though, i used manic panic in purple haze on my ends with Jerome Russel's Punky Colors in Rose Red at the bottom. after dying my hair to a dirty blonde/orange. I put the color in and left it for an hour and a half. I was expecting my hair to still be blonde and look like shyt. to my surprise, the colors were vibrant and blended amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have onlytried two of there hair dyes. Ultaviolet and wildfire. here are my experiences
Ultraviolet: I had interesting results with this particular dye. (have the full Story on the review for the Specific ultraviolet dye) but lets just say that hair went from purple to royal blue overnightll!!..
wildfire: l'absolutely loved this color i bleached my hair to a yellow and put this at the tips.Everybody said i looked like i had fire hair which was exactlywhat iwanted.This color when bleached turns to a shade o f neon orange which i personaly loved.
Unlike some here i at ualy like tgat it came in a jar. i can make sure i get every bit of product out of it, espescially because this was fairly expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPandaPSC

If I need to color my hair, and don't have time to wait for a shipment of special effects dye, I pick up MP at Sally's, but this dye fades way too fast. I mixed cotton candy pink with special effects cupcake (about 50/50), and I can tell that it has lightened after one wash...i believe the MP is what has washed out :/ I've used straight SFX and it barely budges. MP is good if you like changing your color often, don't wash often, and have a lot of money to blow on dye (since you would have to keep retouching)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bethanybusbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love the color but it stains your soul!! how can i use it and have it not stain? i used rockabilly blue. do the other colors stain as well?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by canceroustraguses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me go over all the Manic Panic I have used. Besides the other reviews on the website
Atomic Turquoise-I can't give a good review, but on dark blonde hair, it comes out dark green. It fades to a *terrible* color. If your hair is white, then I assume it will be very turquoise but after 2 or 3 washes, the color will be disgusting.
Hot Hot Pink-
VERY beautiful pink!
Perfect hot pink colour. It fades to orange. I recommend
Pillarbox Red-
I hated this color. 1/10 rating. I recommend Vampire Red over this any day.
Shocking Blue
Oh man, I give this blue a twenty out of ten rating. I have used countless different blues and this one was just perfect. It lasts, it's *very* bright, it even FADES to a pretty color, that's a miracle with blue hair dyes! If you mix it with conditioner, it's a lovely lavender baby blue. (which is in my hair now) Shocking blue is my 1# blue recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by DamnSatyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

MP is 'ok' as far as temporary dyes go - I've been coloring my hair with 'abstract' dyes for over 10 years, and have tried many different brands over that period of time. My go-to color is MP's 'Hot Hot Pink', and I always get comments on it. The biggest downside is that Manic Panic fades far, far faster than some other brands - especially if you wash your hair more than 3 times a week as I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Sanchaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for a semi permanent hair color this stuff is amazing! Idk what people expect out of semi permanent color or what they even know about it; but you're going to get rub off and you're going to get fading, because manic panic doesn't obsorbe fully into your hair. I change my hair color every month and thanks to manic panic dyes my hair is still healthy :) rockabilly blue does seem to have a weird rub off, but try a hair mask with argan oil, Worked pretty well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by HiCat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Bought infra red. Love the colour on my virgin light brown hair. Looks kind of like a ruby colour. Incredibly vibrant at start. Just as it says it is temporary and does fade but I don't mind.

Easy to apply with a brush, gloves and faux Vaseline. Love that I don't have to mix anything. Can get messy when you wash it out, my water did not go clear. Used SOS pads to clean the tub and took the stains off like a charm.

It's about an average price considering I can probably get two usages for shoulder length hair, definitely cheaper than the salon. This colour does bleed, but I find it beautiful and was glad to find a vegan product which is my main reason for choosing the brand.