July 29, 2014 | 1635 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by callieinterrupted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Manic Panic is saddening.
Ever since I started dying my hair, Manic Panic was all that I used. No doubt it faded over time regardless, but I found Vampire Red would last a long time and just fade to scarlet at the worst.

Over the years (5) that I've used it, there's definitely been a downgrade in the formula some way. Vampire red, as of 2012, rinses out a deep pink and stains my body and shower. It never used to do that beyond some pink lather. It literally rains pink now, even if I don't use shampoo.

I have no idea what happened to their formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I'm gaga over Manic Panic!! My hair is dry and chemically treated with blonde highlights, I dye the underside layers with MP to mix things up! It's not damaging to the hair and there's zero mixing required. I do suggest wearing gloves due to the fact that it will stain your hands and nails. The fun part of this hair color is that it gradually fades out and the color transitions from dark to light. Fave color is voodoo blue and atomic turquoise. I'd skip out on cotton candy pink because it literally has no pigment unless your hair is bleached. It doesn't improve the condition of hair by any means, but it doesn't damage or dry it out like box dyes- no harsh chemicals and vegan:) will repurchase again & again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fun, funky-punky colors that wash out. A cool way to experiment with color. I am partial to the HOT hot pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kellincarlile

I love MPs great selection of colors. I slowly lightened my hair for the summer, and I knew I would want to dye my hair before it was over. (I had a dark yet obviously fake red hair.) Manic panic is perfect for those who change their hair color a lot. Though sometimes I don't want a very bright color so I get a bowl or container that I can stain, a brush, (any brush will do) conditioner and the hair color I want. Putting as much conditioner n the container to cover the area I'm dying and using the the brush to get a small scoop of my MP color. Mix that together, make it as dark or as light as you want, the lighter you Mae, it will turn Out pastel. I love this because its very light but still fan and makes the dye last WAY longer.

NOTE. Manic panic is an all natural semipermanent dye. It will not last as long as chemical dyes. But I have found that using the manic panic on my ends its leaving them n better shape than before. I love this dye but to each its own.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by MillieSkittles

I Bought Manic Panic Cotton Candy Pink. Bleached my hair to as light as I could get it, then applied the color. It absolutely wouldnt stick. I tried three times that night, then tried again three days later. it just washed right out, even after leaving it over night. Went to the store and bought a different brand pink, worked perfectly. what a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Sketch14

The First time i used manic panic in Cotton Candy... i didnt go to school until i got dye again. I bleached my hair using a 30 volume developer and it turned a really light orange (previous hair being red) in some spots white and others a darker orange. Stupidly i still put in the dye. I needed the full jar for my boob length hair. After an hour, my hair was a darker orange in most spots or the same, even in the white spots.
Recently though, i used manic panic in purple haze on my ends with Jerome Russel's Punky Colors in Rose Red at the bottom. after dying my hair to a dirty blonde/orange. I put the color in and left it for an hour and a half. I was expecting my hair to still be blonde and look like shyt. to my surprise, the colors were vibrant and blended amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have onlytried two of there hair dyes. Ultaviolet and wildfire. here are my experiences
Ultraviolet: I had interesting results with this particular dye. (have the full Story on the review for the Specific ultraviolet dye) but lets just say that hair went from purple to royal blue overnightll!!..
wildfire: l'absolutely loved this color i bleached my hair to a yellow and put this at the tips.Everybody said i looked like i had fire hair which was exactlywhat iwanted.This color when bleached turns to a shade o f neon orange which i personaly loved.
Unlike some here i at ualy like tgat it came in a jar. i can make sure i get every bit of product out of it, espescially because this was fairly expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPandaPSC

If I need to color my hair, and don't have time to wait for a shipment of special effects dye, I pick up MP at Sally's, but this dye fades way too fast. I mixed cotton candy pink with special effects cupcake (about 50/50), and I can tell that it has lightened after one wash...i believe the MP is what has washed out :/ I've used straight SFX and it barely budges. MP is good if you like changing your color often, don't wash often, and have a lot of money to blow on dye (since you would have to keep retouching)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bethanybusbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love the color but it stains your soul!! how can i use it and have it not stain? i used rockabilly blue. do the other colors stain as well?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by canceroustraguses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me go over all the Manic Panic I have used. Besides the other reviews on the website
Atomic Turquoise-I can't give a good review, but on dark blonde hair, it comes out dark green. It fades to a *terrible* color. If your hair is white, then I assume it will be very turquoise but after 2 or 3 washes, the color will be disgusting.
Hot Hot Pink-
VERY beautiful pink!
Perfect hot pink colour. It fades to orange. I recommend
Pillarbox Red-
I hated this color. 1/10 rating. I recommend Vampire Red over this any day.
Shocking Blue
Oh man, I give this blue a twenty out of ten rating. I have used countless different blues and this one was just perfect. It lasts, it's *very* bright, it even FADES to a pretty color, that's a miracle with blue hair dyes! If you mix it with conditioner, it's a lovely lavender baby blue. (which is in my hair now) Shocking blue is my 1# blue recommendation.