MAC #213 Fluff Brush

4.4

on 11/28/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This brush isnt bad, i just dont use it as much as others.
for the lid, the 239 is way better as it packs on color way more intensely and with more precision.
for the crease...come on now. 217, 222, 219, 224, but this one... no so much. it's an oval shaped, fluffyish brush, it just feels awkward in the crease.
for a wash- 227 or 217 cover your whole eye in a matter of 1 stroke!

maybe if you want a first mac brush you'd be interested, but i'd definitely pick up the 217 instead since it is the most multi-taskfing brush.

on 10/31/2009 7:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I recommend this for buying it as one of your first MAC brushes. This brush is sooo simple and multiple to use! I like the tip of it cause it it is oval and not flat (as the 239 brush), so I use it for crease work and for under the brows to. I gave a 2 for the price because it's not expensive for a MAC brush.
I have quite small eyes and this brush is perfect for them! I have never been so positive about any other eyeshadow brush before! Love, love, love it!!!

on 10/26/2009 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a great starter brush if you are just getting into expensive MAC brushes. Infact this was my first mac brush ever! I purchased this over 7 years ago!! The 213 blends pretty well, is very soft, and overall does a pretty good job. Since I acquired a mas colection of MAC brushes, I hardly reach for this brush. I would definately buy this again f I had to..

on 8/20/2009 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great brush for applying e/s. I think that the 239 is better for applying e/s all over but this comes in a close second. I use this brush mostly for applying pigments. It is great for that use. I highly recommend this brush to anyone!

on 6/18/2009 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I own three of these little beauties! Its the perfect brush (for me) to blend the crease. It's very dense, soft and washes like a dream. I have had one of them for 4 years and it is still in great shape. An essential MAC brush, IMO.

on 6/1/2009 2:17:00 AM

The brush is cute, and very soft. It is good for the lids, and highlighting the brow bones. I like this better than 239. But I won't buy this again, because i can find plenty of dupes of this at a much cheaper price. I don't feel it is a good investment. For the record, I do love all the face brushes I got from mac.

on 3/18/2009 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

No hairs ever fall out of the shader brush. I've had this brush since Feb 2003. I can't believe its been six years and this brush is still going strong.

on 1/18/2009 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Because I've never used a makeup brush before (guilty of using the sponge applicators all my life!) I walked into the MAC store and asked them "If you had to sell me one brush based on the way I wear my eyeshdow (BOLD), which one would it be?" and they selected 213 for me. I kind of wish I would have tried a cheaper brush because I don't really know what to compare this brush with. I used this brush to apply an all over color (coppering), then color in the crease (carbon) and then I blended the two. This brush seemed to do all 3 things rather well, but I'm used to the sponge applicators (these are hard to use for good blending so I basically never blended too well!). The only thing I did NOT like about it was the fact that I had alot of fallout, something I didn't think would happen from a high end brush but it was probably due to the way I was trying to apply it (since I'm new at it) then the brush itself. Not sure if I will buy other brushes, I like to spend my money on makeup itself not the tools to put it on!! However, I felt like I had to layer and layer and layer my eyeshadow on to get the bold look I was going for, so I might end up buying a stiffer brush, especially for the crease to I can get the carbon color on without tons of layering. Any tips (recommended brushes especially!) please message me!
*update*
Ever since I bought some Loew Cornell brushes, I never reach for this. This brush doesn't pack on enough color for me and that's what I need the most. I just wish I wouldn't have bought an 'all purpose brush' from MAC because it doesn't seem to do anything great for me, I wish I would have went for the 239 or 224 or buying several brushes instead of trying to be cheap :-)

on 1/13/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an HG for me. This is my most used eyeshadow brush. I have had it for at least 4 years. It has been washed many times and is still in great shape. A must have.

on 1/11/2009 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I like this brush- I use it whenever I apply eyeshadow (which is almost every day). However, there are cheaper alternatives that do virtually the same job as it does, but still, it's a good brush.