September 20, 2014 | 1450 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #213 Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I recommend this for buying it as one of your first MAC brushes. This brush is sooo simple and multiple to use! I like the tip of it cause it it is oval and not flat (as the 239 brush), so I use it for crease work and for under the brows to. I gave a 2 for the price because it's not expensive for a MAC brush.
I have quite small eyes and this brush is perfect for them! I have never been so positive about any other eyeshadow brush before! Love, love, love it!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great starter brush if you are just getting into expensive MAC brushes. Infact this was my first mac brush ever! I purchased this over 7 years ago!! The 213 blends pretty well, is very soft, and overall does a pretty good job. Since I acquired a mas colection of MAC brushes, I hardly reach for this brush. I would definately buy this again f I had to..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush for applying e/s. I think that the 239 is better for applying e/s all over but this comes in a close second. I use this brush mostly for applying pigments. It is great for that use. I highly recommend this brush to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own three of these little beauties! Its the perfect brush (for me) to blend the crease. It's very dense, soft and washes like a dream. I have had one of them for 4 years and it is still in great shape. An essential MAC brush, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by daniellan83

The brush is cute, and very soft. It is good for the lids, and highlighting the brow bones. I like this better than 239. But I won't buy this again, because i can find plenty of dupes of this at a much cheaper price. I don't feel it is a good investment. For the record, I do love all the face brushes I got from mac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No hairs ever fall out of the shader brush. I've had this brush since Feb 2003. I can't believe its been six years and this brush is still going strong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Because I've never used a makeup brush before (guilty of using the sponge applicators all my life!) I walked into the MAC store and asked them "If you had to sell me one brush based on the way I wear my eyeshdow (BOLD), which one would it be?" and they selected 213 for me. I kind of wish I would have tried a cheaper brush because I don't really know what to compare this brush with. I used this brush to apply an all over color (coppering), then color in the crease (carbon) and then I blended the two. This brush seemed to do all 3 things rather well, but I'm used to the sponge applicators (these are hard to use for good blending so I basically never blended too well!). The only thing I did NOT like about it was the fact that I had alot of fallout, something I didn't think would happen from a high end brush but it was probably due to the way I was trying to apply it (since I'm new at it) then the brush itself. Not sure if I will buy other brushes, I like to spend my money on makeup itself not the tools to put it on!! However, I felt like I had to layer and layer and layer my eyeshadow on to get the bold look I was going for, so I might end up buying a stiffer brush, especially for the crease to I can get the carbon color on without tons of layering. Any tips (recommended brushes especially!) please message me!
*update*
Ever since I bought some Loew Cornell brushes, I never reach for this. This brush doesn't pack on enough color for me and that's what I need the most. I just wish I wouldn't have bought an 'all purpose brush' from MAC because it doesn't seem to do anything great for me, I wish I would have went for the 239 or 224 or buying several brushes instead of trying to be cheap :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an HG for me. This is my most used eyeshadow brush. I have had it for at least 4 years. It has been washed many times and is still in great shape. A must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Paramore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this brush- I use it whenever I apply eyeshadow (which is almost every day). However, there are cheaper alternatives that do virtually the same job as it does, but still, it's a good brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for blending and even good to pack on eyeshadow on your lid. It's pretty multi-purpose and it's great for the price. I use this brush every single time I apply eye shadow. It sort of scratches me though so it's uncomfortable when I use it for blending. At first I didn't have this issue when I first started using it. But I think it's just my brush since it was one of my first brushes ever. I am definitely going to buy another one!