April 16, 2014 | 858 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #213 Fluff Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great starter brush if you are just getting into expensive MAC brushes. Infact this was my first mac brush ever! I purchased this over 7 years ago!! The 213 blends pretty well, is very soft, and overall does a pretty good job. Since I acquired a mas colection of MAC brushes, I hardly reach for this brush. I would definately buy this again f I had to..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush for applying e/s. I think that the 239 is better for applying e/s all over but this comes in a close second. I use this brush mostly for applying pigments. It is great for that use. I highly recommend this brush to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own three of these little beauties! Its the perfect brush (for me) to blend the crease. It's very dense, soft and washes like a dream. I have had one of them for 4 years and it is still in great shape. An essential MAC brush, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by daniellan83

The brush is cute, and very soft. It is good for the lids, and highlighting the brow bones. I like this better than 239. But I won't buy this again, because i can find plenty of dupes of this at a much cheaper price. I don't feel it is a good investment. For the record, I do love all the face brushes I got from mac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No hairs ever fall out of the shader brush. I've had this brush since Feb 2003. I can't believe its been six years and this brush is still going strong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Because I've never used a makeup brush before (guilty of using the sponge applicators all my life!) I walked into the MAC store and asked them "If you had to sell me one brush based on the way I wear my eyeshdow (BOLD), which one would it be?" and they selected 213 for me. I kind of wish I would have tried a cheaper brush because I don't really know what to compare this brush with. I used this brush to apply an all over color (coppering), then color in the crease (carbon) and then I blended the two. This brush seemed to do all 3 things rather well, but I'm used to the sponge applicators (these are hard to use for good blending so I basically never blended too well!). The only thing I did NOT like about it was the fact that I had alot of fallout, something I didn't think would happen from a high end brush but it was probably due to the way I was trying to apply it (since I'm new at it) then the brush itself. Not sure if I will buy other brushes, I like to spend my money on makeup itself not the tools to put it on!! However, I felt like I had to layer and layer and layer my eyeshadow on to get the bold look I was going for, so I might end up buying a stiffer brush, especially for the crease to I can get the carbon color on without tons of layering. Any tips (recommended brushes especially!) please message me!
*update*
Ever since I bought some Loew Cornell brushes, I never reach for this. This brush doesn't pack on enough color for me and that's what I need the most. I just wish I wouldn't have bought an 'all purpose brush' from MAC because it doesn't seem to do anything great for me, I wish I would have went for the 239 or 224 or buying several brushes instead of trying to be cheap :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an HG for me. This is my most used eyeshadow brush. I have had it for at least 4 years. It has been washed many times and is still in great shape. A must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Paramore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this brush- I use it whenever I apply eyeshadow (which is almost every day). However, there are cheaper alternatives that do virtually the same job as it does, but still, it's a good brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for blending and even good to pack on eyeshadow on your lid. It's pretty multi-purpose and it's great for the price. I use this brush every single time I apply eye shadow. It sort of scratches me though so it's uncomfortable when I use it for blending. At first I didn't have this issue when I first started using it. But I think it's just my brush since it was one of my first brushes ever. I am definitely going to buy another one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I like this for packing on the colors, especially bright, rich colors so they show more vibrantly. It's great for those days you don't want your shadow up so high. This is perfect for those with smaller eyelids.