MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

This is a good blending brush. I think there are plenty of brushes out there that are equivalent, but it still does a good job.

on 1/21/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

The best blending brush I have ever used...love love love...it may be a little pricy but it is worth it. I cannot even explain how amazing this brush is.

on 5/24/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this blending brush. I've never been great at blending but suddenly I'm so much better. In the past I used the wrong eye brushes to blend eyeshadow and didn't get very far with it. I bought this at MAC a while ago and it still works great. If you haven't found the right blending brush, defnitely give this one a try.

on 4/18/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

The 224 brush is one of my favorite brushes by MAC. I use the brush to apply color in the crease of the eye and sometimes to apply a highlight. The brush applies the shadow nicely but it might be a bit broad to work in the creases for some eyes. The 222 might be better suited for smaller eyes. I have had this brush for 7 years and its still in good shape. I recommend this brush for anyone looking to build a basic brush kit.

on 3/13/2013 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I own two of these. One I use to blend out my eyeshadow when doing a dark or smokey eye. I have to be careful not to over blend though because sometimes it can make it look too smudgey. The other I use to apply my undereye concealer. It blends it out perfectly and is soft enough to use under the eye area. I highly recommend this brush. X

on 2/26/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great blending brush :)

on 2/15/2013 12:21:00 PM

I hate this brush. The Sigma E25 wayyyy outperformsit. I have large eyes with deep sockets and this brush still manages to sweep eyeshadow everywhere and overblend everything. I bought this brush less than 3 months ago and it's already rough and scratchy.

The MUA at the MAC store assured me this would be my ultimate favorite blending brush...man she was WRONG! The brush is already shedding, despite the fact that I take excellent care of it (and all my brushes), and even with a brush cover, the bristles are splaying and curling.

I hate this brush so much. I don't know why I can't bring myself to throw it away.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Again, another excellent brush by MAC.

I use this to blend as well as for light applications. I do find that it's a bit big for my small eyes, still I manage to use it. The smaller one would've worked better for me. Still, a wonderful brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is great and versatile. You could use it for blending concealer, setting concealer with powder or for blending eyeshadows. Personally, I use it to set my concealer as it is small enough to get in all the fine lines and contour areas.

Also, a great quality brush for 22 that washes well (goes a little fluffier than it originally was) and doesn't shed. I use this brush every day and love it, I'd be gutted if it broke or I lost it because I would rather purchase a cheaper dupe if I could find one.

on 1/24/2013 4:51:00 PM

This is the brush that my eye make-up look depends on and is not the same without. And I've used so many brushes from different brands, never achieving the soft, perfectly blended and quickly achieved flawless look this gives me. I use the 218 to apply shadow and the 224 to blend. I also use the 224 to blend concealer under my eyes (I have two, one for shadow and one for concealer). I always keep the one I use to blend shadows clean and free of any product, and I think that is the key to getting the flawless look (learned this from the amazing Tanya Burr on youtube). I love all my MAC brushes and think they are superior to any other brand I've tried, but this one is my must have.

Popular Makeup Brushes