October 24, 2014 | 1581 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Honey Lust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Wouuld I buy this again? NEVER IN MY LIFE! I think this is the worse eyeshadow MAC has ever made. I bought it first thinking it will be a nice similar color to UD Chopper eyeshadow, but I was dead wrong. This color looks nice when you swatch it but as soon as i tried it out the next day, I was so disappointed because all I saw was glitter on my face, not my eye! It was sooo disappointing. Such a pretty color in the pan but not at all when its on your eyes. If you like this color, then I would suggest Urban Decay's Chopper. STRAY AWAAAAY FROM HONEYLUST!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

I really like Honey Lust. The color is basically a shimmer copper. Looks good dry or wet (sometimes you will have to wet it to apply better). I'd recommend it for people who are looking for a copper and brigth tone. I wouldn't say Honey Lust is an earthy tone. In fair complexion, it could tend to appear a little orange. So, beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth2279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ahhh the dreaded lustre finish! I know that a lot of others have issues with it, but I always use this one wet in order to reduce fallout issues. No, it doesn't have quite the pigment payoff of other MAC eyeshadows, but I think I kind of like that about Honey Lust. I do have to build up the color, and it takes a bit more effort to apply since its not quite as smooth, but I'll deal with these issues as I absolutely love how it looks on my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It's alright. Looks nice when used with Amber Lights and Espresso. I do have to PACK it on the brush to get any results on my eyes, it doesn't come off that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by paulamarie

Love this product, would (and have) repurchase! What I like about it is that it's almost a flesh tone (just kind of peachy, or, well, honey-tinted, as the name suggests) only it's a lustre. I guess you either are or are not a fan of the frosty texture of Lustre shadows, but I like them (I would *not* describe them as "glittery" as some here have. Glitter is tiny sparkly specks; Lustre is smooth; it's not the same thing as glitter at all). Anyway, I like to wear this as part of a Brigitte Bardot look--Honey Lust on the eyelid over Urban Decay Primer Potion, topped with winged black gel eyelilner. If your skintone is pale/golden (I am NC30 in MAC) then this shade is kind of like a your-skin-but-shiny shade. I think it's pretty and sexy; subtly dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I nearly gave up on this eyeshadow, but now I am absolutely in lust with it (no pun intended :P) ....I purchased Honey Lust because not only did I love the name, but I also loved all the swatches I saw. Its a gorgeous sparkly gold- it does have some fall out, but I always prefer to apply my eyeshadow before foundation, so this isn't a hassle for me. When I first tried this, I hated it. It went on patchy and uneven, and I couldn't seem to make any crease color match it, so it stayed in my MAC palette untouched. I recently purchased MAC's Espresso, and its by far, the most perfect crease color. I thought it would look perfect with a gold, and there was Honey Lust. I recently have been doing a different e/s combination (crease color first, then lid color afterwards) which I love. After applying Espresso, I applied NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk' all over my lid. Then, I picked up some Honey Lust on my brush, and spritzed it with Fix + ....Finally, it went on exactly how I wanted! pigmented, gold and just the perfect combination with Espresso! I have fallen in love with this shadow. Its a nice change from Woodwinked (which I love, but I find can pull orange at times) and I cannot wait to incorporate into more looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by pinktearose726

I had bought this color once a couple years ago and couldn't remember why I didn't buy it again, until I did recently. Like many on here, I agree that the color is beautiful and reminds me of a pigment color, but I also think that it has too much glitter in it and ends up on my whole face. I had paired it with omega, patina, groundwork (paint pot) which worked color wise, but I can't take the fallout.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by leana01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this eyeshadow for over 2 years before I was finally able to use it. I was literally on the verge of trading it in for Back2Mac because I just could not get it to work. (No color payoff, extreme fallout) Then, I had a major breakthrough. I wet my brush with a little mixing medium before I dipped it in the eyeshadow. When I applied it to my lid it was a beautiful sparkly gold color. It looked gorgeous with some brown eyeshadow in the crease. For reference I am NW45/NC50. Before you give up on this one make sure you try it with a mixing medium. It really helps with the color payoff and the fallout.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by KatieMarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite e/s! I love this on my lid with Amber Lights in my crease. Fell in love with this shadow five years ago. And it looks so nice with my blue eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by srcswll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i absolutely love this eyeshadow! this was the first thing i ever bought from mac! i initially saw someone else wearing this color on her lids, and she recommended at that time to use just a dab of baby oil on the eyelids before applying this color. over the years, ive also found that using a tiny bit of vaseline on the lids works well too. just remember, a little goes a long way, and to rub in the vaseline/baby oil before putting on the eyeshadow! if you use too much of either, youre going to end up with a crease. the shadow just needs something to adhere to, and vaseline/baby oil does the trick!