MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

3.8

I actually really like Honey Lust. It was one of the first MAC shadows I bought, and I never looked up reviews of it online or anything beforehand. Then I found out that it's hated by a lot of people and so many say it's the worst shadow ever from MAC.

As far as the glitter problem goes, if I use a base with it, I don't ever have a fallout problem. I don't find the glitter horribly chunky, either. It's definitely not a fine shimmer, but I would say it's on par with the chunky glittery shadows from UD.

I find this color incredibly flattering in the summer. I use it a lot on the inner half of my lid, with woodwinked on the outer half and outer V. I get SO many compliments when I wear it. It just has a really pretty metallic finish to it, which looks so good with a dewy skin summer look. I don't find I wear it a ton in the winter, but I especially love it for summer and even fall with a plum color.

But yeah, I don't have fallout issues with this shadow and I really like it!

This is great, one of my most reached for eyeshadows! I use this for a brown/gold smokey eye as a blending color between my darker colors and my highlighter.

I have very oily lids, and have to use a primer, such as UDPP, or MAC Paint, to make any shadow last, even so, most shadows crease inside two hours. Not Mac. With primer, this shadow lasts, and the color stays true.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I find this eyeshadow a bit of a mystery. I personally don't like it all that much because of the previously mentioned glitteryness, and also because it looks a bit too orange on me. But on the odd occasions when I do wear it I get compliments galore... wierd.

Wouuld I buy this again? NEVER IN MY LIFE! I think this is the worse eyeshadow MAC has ever made. I bought it first thinking it will be a nice similar color to UD Chopper eyeshadow, but I was dead wrong. This color looks nice when you swatch it but as soon as i tried it out the next day, I was so disappointed because all I saw was glitter on my face, not my eye! It was sooo disappointing. Such a pretty color in the pan but not at all when its on your eyes. If you like this color, then I would suggest Urban Decay's Chopper. STRAY AWAAAAY FROM HONEYLUST!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ahhh the dreaded lustre finish! I know that a lot of others have issues with it, but I always use this one wet in order to reduce fallout issues. No, it doesn't have quite the pigment payoff of other MAC eyeshadows, but I think I kind of like that about Honey Lust. I do have to build up the color, and it takes a bit more effort to apply since its not quite as smooth, but I'll deal with these issues as I absolutely love how it looks on my eyes.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It's alright. Looks nice when used with Amber Lights and Espresso. I do have to PACK it on the brush to get any results on my eyes, it doesn't come off that great.

Love this product, would (and have) repurchase! What I like about it is that it's almost a flesh tone (just kind of peachy, or, well, honey-tinted, as the name suggests) only it's a lustre. I guess you either are or are not a fan of the frosty texture of Lustre shadows, but I like them (I would *not* describe them as "glittery" as some here have. Glitter is tiny sparkly specks; Lustre is smooth; it's not the same thing as glitter at all). Anyway, I like to wear this as part of a Brigitte Bardot look--Honey Lust on the eyelid over Urban Decay Primer Potion, topped with winged black gel eyelilner. If your skintone is pale/golden (I am NC30 in MAC) then this shade is kind of like a your-skin-but-shiny shade. I think it's pretty and sexy; subtly dramatic.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I nearly gave up on this eyeshadow, but now I am absolutely in lust with it (no pun intended :P) ....I purchased Honey Lust because not only did I love the name, but I also loved all the swatches I saw. Its a gorgeous sparkly gold- it does have some fall out, but I always prefer to apply my eyeshadow before foundation, so this isn't a hassle for me. When I first tried this, I hated it. It went on patchy and uneven, and I couldn't seem to make any crease color match it, so it stayed in my MAC palette untouched. I recently purchased MAC's Espresso, and its by far, the most perfect crease color. I thought it would look perfect with a gold, and there was Honey Lust. I recently have been doing a different e/s combination (crease color first, then lid color afterwards) which I love. After applying Espresso, I applied NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk' all over my lid. Then, I picked up some Honey Lust on my brush, and spritzed it with Fix + ....Finally, it went on exactly how I wanted! pigmented, gold and just the perfect combination with Espresso! I have fallen in love with this shadow. Its a nice change from Woodwinked (which I love, but I find can pull orange at times) and I cannot wait to incorporate into more looks.

I had bought this color once a couple years ago and couldn't remember why I didn't buy it again, until I did recently. Like many on here, I agree that the color is beautiful and reminds me of a pigment color, but I also think that it has too much glitter in it and ends up on my whole face. I had paired it with omega, patina, groundwork (paint pot) which worked color wise, but I can't take the fallout.
Lesson learned yet again- I ended up with a speck of this on my pupil and had to wait for it to be blinked away- not even washing my eye out helped. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this eyeshadow for over 2 years before I was finally able to use it. I was literally on the verge of trading it in for Back2Mac because I just could not get it to work. (No color payoff, extreme fallout) Then, I had a major breakthrough. I wet my brush with a little mixing medium before I dipped it in the eyeshadow. When I applied it to my lid it was a beautiful sparkly gold color. It looked gorgeous with some brown eyeshadow in the crease. For reference I am NW45/NC50. Before you give up on this one make sure you try it with a mixing medium. It really helps with the color payoff and the fallout.

Top Rated MAC Products