July 29, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Honey Lust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

I really like Honey Lust. The color is basically a shimmer copper. Looks good dry or wet (sometimes you will have to wet it to apply better). I'd recommend it for people who are looking for a copper and brigth tone. I wouldn't say Honey Lust is an earthy tone. In fair complexion, it could tend to appear a little orange. So, beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth2279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ahhh the dreaded lustre finish! I know that a lot of others have issues with it, but I always use this one wet in order to reduce fallout issues. No, it doesn't have quite the pigment payoff of other MAC eyeshadows, but I think I kind of like that about Honey Lust. I do have to build up the color, and it takes a bit more effort to apply since its not quite as smooth, but I'll deal with these issues as I absolutely love how it looks on my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It's alright. Looks nice when used with Amber Lights and Espresso. I do have to PACK it on the brush to get any results on my eyes, it doesn't come off that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by paulamarie

Love this product, would (and have) repurchase! What I like about it is that it's almost a flesh tone (just kind of peachy, or, well, honey-tinted, as the name suggests) only it's a lustre. I guess you either are or are not a fan of the frosty texture of Lustre shadows, but I like them (I would *not* describe them as "glittery" as some here have. Glitter is tiny sparkly specks; Lustre is smooth; it's not the same thing as glitter at all). Anyway, I like to wear this as part of a Brigitte Bardot look--Honey Lust on the eyelid over Urban Decay Primer Potion, topped with winged black gel eyelilner. If your skintone is pale/golden (I am NC30 in MAC) then this shade is kind of like a your-skin-but-shiny shade. I think it's pretty and sexy; subtly dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I nearly gave up on this eyeshadow, but now I am absolutely in lust with it (no pun intended :P) ....I purchased Honey Lust because not only did I love the name, but I also loved all the swatches I saw. Its a gorgeous sparkly gold- it does have some fall out, but I always prefer to apply my eyeshadow before foundation, so this isn't a hassle for me. When I first tried this, I hated it. It went on patchy and uneven, and I couldn't seem to make any crease color match it, so it stayed in my MAC palette untouched. I recently purchased MAC's Espresso, and its by far, the most perfect crease color. I thought it would look perfect with a gold, and there was Honey Lust. I recently have been doing a different e/s combination (crease color first, then lid color afterwards) which I love. After applying Espresso, I applied NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk' all over my lid. Then, I picked up some Honey Lust on my brush, and spritzed it with Fix + ....Finally, it went on exactly how I wanted! pigmented, gold and just the perfect combination with Espresso! I have fallen in love with this shadow. Its a nice change from Woodwinked (which I love, but I find can pull orange at times) and I cannot wait to incorporate into more looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by pinktearose726

I had bought this color once a couple years ago and couldn't remember why I didn't buy it again, until I did recently. Like many on here, I agree that the color is beautiful and reminds me of a pigment color, but I also think that it has too much glitter in it and ends up on my whole face. I had paired it with omega, patina, groundwork (paint pot) which worked color wise, but I can't take the fallout.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by leana01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this eyeshadow for over 2 years before I was finally able to use it. I was literally on the verge of trading it in for Back2Mac because I just could not get it to work. (No color payoff, extreme fallout) Then, I had a major breakthrough. I wet my brush with a little mixing medium before I dipped it in the eyeshadow. When I applied it to my lid it was a beautiful sparkly gold color. It looked gorgeous with some brown eyeshadow in the crease. For reference I am NW45/NC50. Before you give up on this one make sure you try it with a mixing medium. It really helps with the color payoff and the fallout.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by KatieMarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite e/s! I love this on my lid with Amber Lights in my crease. Fell in love with this shadow five years ago. And it looks so nice with my blue eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by srcswll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i absolutely love this eyeshadow! this was the first thing i ever bought from mac! i initially saw someone else wearing this color on her lids, and she recommended at that time to use just a dab of baby oil on the eyelids before applying this color. over the years, ive also found that using a tiny bit of vaseline on the lids works well too. just remember, a little goes a long way, and to rub in the vaseline/baby oil before putting on the eyeshadow! if you use too much of either, youre going to end up with a crease. the shadow just needs something to adhere to, and vaseline/baby oil does the trick!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is a fleshy/goldy lustre eyeshadow with small glitter partickles. That says it all; it goes on sheer, kind of chunky, with a bit of fallout. It's almost impossible to build up and there's no question about blending since what you really apply on the lid is not so much of an eyeshadow, but more of a golden/flesh-toned glitter. BUT, on the pro side, you can turn all these drawbacks into advantages and make them work for your benefit: After a lot of experimentation, I've only come to use it for two specific purposes: 1) Packing it on with a dense shader brush as an all-over lid color, contouring the crease with a mid-toned brown and elongating the eye with a dark brown, and finally applying something bronze or blue in the waterline. This look is stunning for summer on slightly more tan skin (aka NC/NW35 onwards), because otherwise I find it too warm and orangey for pale winter skin. 2) Adding a bit of fleshy glitter to any smoky look, or toning down the color while sparkling it up. Say you have a soft matte black smoky eye that you want to make a little more interesting, without adding more darkness to it; if you sweep this on over your smoky, it will slightly sheer up the appearance of the black while giving it a lovely sparkle. This also works if you've gone too green/too blue/too purple on your smoky eyes and you need to bring back a little fleshy essence to the look along with a bit of sparkle. Recommended for those two purposes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No