August 29, 2014 | 1910 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by nmnikki

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

too much fall out, not enough color payoff

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by labellemarianne

A very pretty, very shimmery pinky gold. I layer this over a cream eyeshadow and I have almost no fallout - not sure what I'm doing right compared to others who have problems :( I really enjoy this color - very beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A super shimmery peach-pink. Like a glittery version of my LORAC Harmony or Mango. Love this all over the lid with a darker crease color. Great for my blue-green eyes but I imagine it would look equally awesome on hazel and brown eyes too. Another staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

With my fair complexion this colour shows up as a warm golden shimmery pink. Love using it with a variety of matte brown shades in the crease as it really brightens up my face. I don't have to much trouble with fall out as other reviewers have mentioned as I use painterly paint pot as a base (or sometimes NYX jumbo eye pencil in "Milk") and apply this shade with more of a packing motion then sweeping.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by bluberry

absolute love! i didn't really think i would love it as i am extremely pale (paler than nc15) and this kind of coral-y colors make me look like i have fever and allergy at the same time, but.... surprise surprise this e/s makes my brown eyes really "visible" and the whole face is kinda awake.
i normally hate mac lustres, filament is like the worst e/e ever!, but gleam together with retrospeck both have really good color payoff. i dont know why other girls say it is poor, while it is amazing.
overall- beautiful product, looks so pretty- lovely sheen etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I rediscovered this e/s. Because of its lustre texture it seems a lot of folks have issues with this, but even without a base, I love the way it comes out on my dark tanned skintone. It's hard to explain...it looks way less shimmery than naked lunch, yet it gives a subtle glow to my eyes. It accentuates them in a natural way perfectly with its golden/pinkish tones.
Gorgeous shade and I love it just the way it is!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by JackieChi

I am new to MAC and I saw their look in a box for Sweet Tease and really wanted it, however it was sold out, so I thought I would buy the products seperately which was Gleam eyeshadow and Mulch Eyeshadow. I knew that Gleam was a lustre but even knowing this I was still disappointed in it, the colour payoff is weak, and the sparkles are so chunky I find it hard to get enough of this eyeshadow on my eyeshadow brush. I need to spend a lot of time packing it on if I ever wear it. For the price I feel there is a lot of nicer MAC eyeshadow lustres that have a better colour payoff. I do love the colour in the pot, if only it could look that way on my eyes I would be in love.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would only repurchase Gleam because the colour is beautiful, and not like anything I've seen before. Its a beautiful very very warm/golden peach colour. The fallout is horrendous and you really need to pack it on your lids, but its so dark pretty!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Like so many other commentors, I was struck by how pretty Gleam looked in its little pot. A peachy pink sparkly thing? Could it be a dupe for NARS Orgasm?

In a word, no. Very little color payoff, does not play well with others in terms of blending, leaves a boatload of sparkles on your lids and elsewhere. The texture is also very chalky--very much like MAC's Brun. But because of the sparklies, it's also quite chunky, which is just weird.

I've tried using this as an allover eyelid color and sometimes I delude myself into thinking that it's doing something but there are so many other worthwhile MAC neutrals and pastels to use. Skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by olivanese

Okay, okay. It's a lustre, a mistake many of us made before purchasing this. But the color, gold, peachy, pink... so captivating in the pot; it stole my heart. Believe it or not, I have a huuuuuuuge hole in this from hitting pan, as much as I dislike it. I tend to use the shadows I dislike so I can get rid of them. Anyways, the texture is chunky, and for me, the pigmentation only looks good when it is applied over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, and when used wet. Then, and only then, does it look like it should. Pretty color, but you definitely have to work with it, so I do not recommend it. Makes me wish all MAC shadows were veluxe pearls. :/