October 25, 2014 | 1730 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by sparkle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product based on the reviews on this site. First of all, let me say that this product does, in fact, do what it says it will. That being said, I have to say that this product is one of the nastiest smelling products ever! I really felt like I was going to gag a number of times until the scent finally went away. If you can stomach the disgusting scent for awhile, this is an effective product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by satisverborum2003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I managed to snap up a big bottle of this from a website selling theatre and stage makeup. I am quite glad that I managed to get hold of this item because it has totally changed the duration of my makeup. At first, I didn't know how to use this item so what I did was pour a tiny amount onto a brush and sweep it all over my face. However, I found that my face got sticky over time and it looked disgusting. Then, I heard that it's best to pour it into a spritzer bottle. So, bought a small atomizer and poured a very small amount into the atomizer. Then, I used the atomizer to spray a very small amount of the final seal onto my face. I then used a brush to spread it around. It was only then with this new method that I finally saw the result. My makeup stayed put all day. I've got a very oily skin and all my foundations used to rub off but ever since I got the final seal my collar stayed clean. In my opinion, this is a miracle worker and a staple in my makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No matter what makeup I wear or what I do, my makeup never last. When removing my makeup i found that there wasnt any foundation left as it had faded throughout the day and my eye makeup usually fades or smudges. Until i found this! This product is truely amazing and actually made my makeup last all day! When i was removing my makeup i found that there is so much foundation left after a long day when i use this product. It smells like mouthwash and gives you a tingly feeling when first applied.(i give 4 good generous sprays) To makes my eye makeup last and smudge proof i spray some on a concealer brush and pat it around my eye(make sure you dont open your eyes till it evaporates for awhile or it will irritate). The thing about the packaging is that when you spray it on your face there is some bigger droplets and usually isnt a fine mist but after i spray it i just use a beauty blender to spread it evenly. The downside about this product is that it leaves my face shiny(not oily) but showly becomes unnoticeable. I tried blotting paper but doesnt make a difference. By the way, it doesnt block my pores, cause breakout or dry out my face which is a plus (:

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by 4starstolove

I bought this off of e bay it was inexpensive, here are my cons It feels sticky on my face it goes away after a while but I usually spray it while in my bath towel so my Chest get a yucky sticky residue, I don't really like the smell it has a minty smell but I can live I've out worse things on my face. I use model in a bottle I have to say those to have worked the best will I buy it again yes!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Spritzer on this product is a bit of a problem as a result after applying the product I go in with a brush and stipple it all over to get its evenly distributed. If you have a nice mister like the one in the Tresseme Heat Tamer Spray, use it.

Make sure you dont spray it too close to the face or it will apply too much.

Pro
Great Price
Sets makeup on there!
No break outs

Con
Inefficient spritzer
Makeup sinks into pores after
May make your face feel tight
You may not appreciate the smell or tingling on the skin

I apply a light application of E.L.F HD setting powder to the centre of my face after this has dried. That product actually make my pores disappear.

If your makeup tends to disappear this is a good product though there is also Skindinavia and Kryolan etc that are also options. Its better than not having it on because you don't have to reapply.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by celina5847

I've only used Model in a Bottle and Final Seal & I have to say that I like both. I had to transfer MIAB into another spray bottle because the bottle that it came in is a piece of junk in my opinion (pkging has been redesigned...so that's a good thing). I do find that FS leaves my face looking shiny so I apply my setting powder and mascara AFTER spraying my face. Both of these work great but I like MIAB a bit more because it makes the face look a bit more matte w/ a Slight dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by MoonChild02

Final Seal is the best makeup setting spray I've ever used, hands-down.

I play a fairy at a Renaissance Faire a few times a year, and am outside all day. Final Seal keeps my makeup on like nothing else. I used to have to constantly touch up my makeup, because it would just melt right off my face, especially when I was out at gate duty. Final Seal stops my makeup from melting off or fading, keeping it right where it is.

I also use it every time I put on makeup to go out, and even my day-to-day makeup stays in place with Final Seal.

I should also mention that I have used Make Up For Ever's Mist & Fix, Urban Decay's All Nighter, and ELF's Makeup Mist & Set. Though I wanted to love those (especially the first two), they really didn't help my makeup stay on. Final Seal does. I've also used Model in a Bottle for sensitive skin, which actually is comparable to Final Seal, but still not as awesome (or as affordable).

For those having trouble with droplets, try holding the bottle further from your face, or even buy a different type of spray bottle, such as an atomizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by PopConfusion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. Makeup doesn't like to stay on my face regardless of what combination of primers, sealers, finishers, whatever, but with Final Seal it'll stay put for hours. Unless I'm caught in a torrential downpour or end up sweating buckets (hello dancing nonstop for 4 hours...) my makeup doesn't move until I thoroughly wash my face. Not to mention it is the best thing I've found to set water-based makeups like Kryolan Aquacolor.

The mint is slightly unappealing and can sting my eyes if I'm not careful, but it disappears quickly and is something I can easily overlook thanks to the results it gives.

Tip: If you use the spray method, old the spray bottle at least 3/4 arms length and give it 3-5 sprays (drying a bit between each spray) to make sure you get full coverage. If you hold it too close won't give you even coverage and the bigger drops can ruin your makeup. You can tell when it dries and where it has covered because it makes the skin feel slightly tighter, but it is a temporary feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY EVER.
LIKE EVER.
I bought this off of makeupmania and the shipping time was super fast. I bought the smaller bottle to try out, and it was very inexpensive.

It has a light minty scent, which I find kind of refreshing. It lingers for a little while, but it doesn't offend or bother me at all.

Now, this stuff is not kidding when it comes to setting your makeup. I have VERY Oily skin and nothing ever really seems to keep my makeup from sliding around. I wore this on top of a full face of makeup (no primer though), went on a 3 mile power walk while pushing a stroller, and guess what? Even though I was sweaty, my makeup was still perfectly in place. PERFECT!!!!!!

I almost gave this a lower rating, but in the end, I didn't because although it does nothing for keeping my oil at bay, it never claimed to be an oil absorber. If they could make that happen, this spray right here, would be the best invention EVER. I will never use another spray.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I am not sure why there are so many good reviews, I have tried this twice now, thinking it was the foundation underneath that was the problem. Nope.

I used this over the graftobian hd creme foundation, then over that was the Ben Nye bella luxury powder, then I sprayed my face. It doesn't spritz out evenly or fine at all, there were definatley some large droplets on my face.

At first I was in love, my skin looked pretty good, a little shiny and plasticky but kinda glowy. Then hours later, I looked close up in the mirror and to my horror my skin was cracked out like a turtle shell or crackle nail polish, the most obvious was my nose, it was disturbing. I tried to blend it away but it just made it worse. I thought it could have been the ben nye powder because it's got talc in it but nope.

Tried this again today, over the cinema secrets foundation. The crackle came hours later but not as noticeable but my face was SHINY and I blotted it and ew, I looked at my tissue and traces of foundation and oil everywhere.

I'm not giving up on makeup setting sprays, but this one is horrible. Will try other ones!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No