November 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Top Speed Nail Polish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Suasoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got two bottles from my mother in law - Stormy and Vintage - love the colors, love the quick-dry, but boy oh boy this stuff is terrible on my nails. After wearing it for even a few days, my nails start to split and peel like whoa. I have to chop them all off and let them grow out healthy again. I usually wear clear polish that's free of formaldehyde, toluene, etc., so maybe this freaked out my poor nailsies.

Glad I didn't buy it for myself. It doesn't seem to have such a terrible effect on my toes, so I'll keep them, but I certainly won't subject my hands to this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in purple-- not sure of the color name or number. It dries really fast but chips and lasts for only a couple days. It's an okay nail polish.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by HaseenaWazir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Electric which is yellow with very subtle shimmer in it. I needed 3 coats to get a good solid colour and while it dries super fast, I had my first chip after only a few hours after painting. The colour is great but I dont think I'll buy it again because it doesn't last as long as Rimmel and Essie nail enamels which I'm a big fan of.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I had only tried Revlon nail polish once or twice before, but I was looking (in vain, apparently) for a particular Essie shade at my local Target when Revlon Top Speed in Violet caught my eye. It is a gorgeous, vivid purple with a subtle sparkly sheen. It was on clearance for $2.54, so I couldn't pass it up. There were other colors that had begun separating and, even after shaking, just seemed thick and messy, which makes me think this line may be hit-or-miss. The packaging feels a bit cheap (the lid is plastic), but the brush was fine. The polish applied smoothly and dried quickly, but somehow dried a bit unevenly. There were spots that were much lighter than the rest of the nail. Definitely worth a purchase considering the lovely color and low price, but it's not the best formula I've used, even among drugstore polishes.
EDIT: This chips terribly. I would still repurchase at this pricepoint, but it's something to be aware of.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by greenalfoil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this polish! I never really liked Revlon colours before Top Speed hit the scene. They're stunning colours! The formula is better than a cheap brand but not as good as an O.P.I.
I've already bought about 10 of their colours (they're new to Australia).
People should go check out Top Speed!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by JoannaSLS

Ok I just applied Stormy in ten seconds flat whilst waiting for friends. I was given a bottle of this by my future mother in law last week as a birthday gift (she works in the Boots beauty department - sample heaven! So can't really comment on price) Anyway, I wanted something quite neutral, and grabbed the bottle on the way out to work this mroning. Really was surprised that this looks less grey on my nails than it does in the bottle. I LOVE IT! Much more mocha on my nails, and definitely my new HG! Try it! Just applied a second coat and really in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by angelalynnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is total HG for me! WOW I just got it and can't believe I have not used it before! I am a big fan of fast dry polishes whenever I paint my nails myself. Otherwise I use OPI for professional mani/pedis, but I have the type of nails that polish will chip off, literally the same day; it drives me CRAZY! I have had this on for about 4 days now and it looks great! I do use their fast dry base coat as well which is a fav, so that may help-I'm going to go out and buy tone more colors now!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by superfille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know at first I didn't understand why this polish didn't get a 5 rating because it's the best polish I've ever used. I never write reviews, but this formula is HG for me. I can see now, but reading others' reviews that it's probably because I use this polish with the Top Speed base and top coat as well.

Prior to this, I only used Essie base, color and top coat because that's what the manicurists in salons always seem to use, but I figured I give this a try, mainly because Revlon has fewer harmful chemicals than Essie and is cheaper than OPI.

This Top Speed polish has literally made it possible for me to have beautifully painted nails all the time.I've tried Vintage and Fire so far, and with Revlon's top speed base and top coat, the Top Speed polish lasts EIGHT DAYS on me with only minor (and unnoticeable to anyone but me) wear around the edges.

The other fantastic thing about this polish is that it dries as fast as LIGHTNING - within about 5 minutes I can make a sandwich with no worries at all.

I apply the Revlon Top Speed base and wait about 2 minutes, then apply a layer of the Top Speed polish and wait 5 minutes, then go about my day. The next day I apply another coat of Top Speed, wait 5 minutes and apply the top coat. 7 days after that, the polish still looks great, and if I did indeed want to keep it going a few more days, I'd just apply another layer of the top coat, but at that point I'm usually ready for a change of pace.

Finally I get to be one of those ladies with gorgeous, pretty painted nails!

The color selection is lovely, and I've picked up a few more gorgeous shades since trying my first two. Can't wait to try more. Get this stuff!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

I love them!! I went to my local pharmacy looking randomly at MU and found these great little things! The color pigmentation is amazing and they had a great selection of them as well! I bought ten of them, and some of them in doubles. the drying speed is awesome and that makes me--miss klumsy--very happy. I just did my acrylic nails with them. As the previous reviewer said, the finish of these nps aren't shiny. So I just grabbed my Essie top coat to finish things up. I bought all the pastel colors, and the one called stormy that reminds me of Particuliere. I might go back for more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by RiniTee

I bought this yesterday after seeing it advertised on TV. I should mention I've been using bio sculpture gel and shellac for the past two years and acrylics for a year before that - I HATE nail polish with a passion... I freakin' love this nail polish! One coat, super fast dry (I did mine while preparing dinner!), shiny when dry, even coverage. I even jammed one finger in a draw and expected it to chip and didn't. The formula is slightly more gel-like in consistency, and similar to the rimmel fast dry as well. I haven't noticed any unusual chipping (I usually chip nail polish in the blink of an eye). I buffed my nails prior to application with one of those four way buffing blocks and filed my nails and then washed my hands with soap and dried well. I don't know why others are giving bad reviews, it's not that different to other polishes and it does what it's advertised to do, sure it chips, but so does ALL nail polish. It isn't cheap in AU - $15-$16 a bottle (nearly $17 USD).