December 18, 2014 | 1824 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - pure stay long wearing pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A good silky powder that covers well, and stays on pretty well. I deducted points for the crappy container with the miniscule mirror, and because the lightest shade is too peachy for my pale ivory skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This overtook my DiorSkin powder foundation & has been my HG for a long time now! Regular liquid foundation always clogs my pores & I end up breaking out so I do not do liquid ever! SO I wanted to find a powder foundation that was more than just a simple powder. I wanted to find something that did not settle in my creases (argghhh darn wrinkles!), had good color matches for my change of summer/winter skin & something that evened out my tone & looked natural. This is it for me!! Does not break me out & makes my skin look like it has no pores...yes I said it! Why pay $$$ for a lessor powder when you can find this at the drugstore yeah pocket book!!! ~forgot the one minus is the packaging, not much product, but still cheap enough

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by kristi13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this stuff for years and I love it!! I had a hard time when I was over in England because I couldn't find it.

It does a great job of evening out my skin tone, calming down the reds and covering my freckles and it doesn't leave me looking shiny either. I do find that you have to re-apply it in the evening, if you put it on 1st thing in the am.

It doesn't make me break out either. And the price is GREAT for what it does. I won't use anything else...unless I have NO choice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. but unfortuntely it did not work out. I liked the amount of coverage but the shade just did not match. I'm an NC30 and one looked ashy and one looked orange. I splurged and bought mac studiofix just because I got a shade match. I'm giving it one lippie as its worth a try if you are leaning towards the studiofix anyway as it could save you some money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by geraldinem54

Ashy, ashy ashy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not worth it. I'm something between nc30 and nc35, and i looked like a washed out ghost. Did not blend well into my skin at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder based on all the good reviews here! I was also pleased that it was dirt cheap ($8 only), had SPF and was available in the drugstore. I went to CVS and picked this up in Ivory.

Ivory is a bit light for me. No matter how I apply it, it always seems to make me look like a ghost. And I'm already pale so I don't need any help in that department. ;)

It comes with a sponge for application. I tried it once but I much prefer a powder brush or kabuki. Tried all three methods for applying and I didn't like it. It seemed kind of drying and never seemed to settle in my skin. Also, didn't seem to give me any coverage for a foundation. I get better coverage from my Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder!

Overall, I was not exactly impressed. The only reason I'm not going to return it is because I dab a wee bit onto the sponge and use it over my liquid concealer to set it. Totally gets rid of undereye circles!

At least I didn't waste money and I'll be able to use up the product. But I wouldn't buy it again. There are better powder foundations out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by AMD18134

OMG! I haven't seen this powder in forever! lol the last time I had this was about 4 years ago, when I didn't have any major skin problems (*sigh*). since I didn't have much to cover up, I just used it to tone down my oiliness, even out my skin tone, and to hide dark circles. It was a little bit drying at first from what I remembered, and I think I got it in a few shades too light, but it was ok, cause I just evened it out with bronzer and stuff hehe, and the dryness went away once it settled (which is a good thing hehe). I can't use this stuff alone now though, because I have lots of acne scarring that powders can't really conceal, and this one is really sheer. I guess I'll hold off on picking this up again, but it might make a good setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by jetzickah

Love love love it! It helps even out my skin tone and set makeup. I don't find it cakey at all, I apply with a powder or kabuki brush and it's just great. I used the puff it came with for under my eyes a couple times, didn't appear too heavy but I'm not a big fan of puffs, they feel too dirty to me. The compact isn't that attractive, but I don't care because the powder works great. Fortunately the ivory shade works well for me, I wish it would come in more colors though, just for the sake of pleasing more customers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very basic powder foundation. Feels nice on the skin, lasts for about 6 hours, and doesn't break me out. I did feel that it didn't blend very well, and kinda just sat there. Wouldn't recommend, wouldn't buy again. There are better powders out there.
Price: $6.99

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a great finishing powder over my mineral makeup or on it's own over my sunscreen moisturizer. I dislike the sponge and I use a separate powder brush. I got mine in Light and paid under $10.00 cdn. I will repurchase. Actually I am considering buying a back up compact. I do wish these type of companies would put more thought into packaging. I would prefer a round compact. Overall very happy with this for my oily skin in this summer humidity.