November 1, 2014 | 1352 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Essential Nutrients - Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jehanneisbeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you are on a budget this is a very good night cream to use. I found it not to be very moisturising, but still very good in the results it delivered for such a cheap product. I am a skin care -aholic so i personally like to use the Astrali skin care range (from france). I did use essential nutrients when i was younger and it worked perfectally fine for my skin. I just think if you have particularly dry skin, then to use somethin to compliment this or just try a 'dewier' or richer night cream. Overall worth buying if you aren't fussed about luxury/intense effects, and want something inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sphygmos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a simple night cream that wasn't too pricey, and this one is perfect! It feels almost whipped; the texture is fabulous. It's rich but not greasy, and it made my skin really soft. You really don't need much, just a tiny bit goes a long way. I would say maybe that people with really sensitive, acne-prone skin may want to stay away, because it's not oil-free, but I like it during the winter when my skin gets dry. Super-cheap too...always a plus for a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 4:04:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is fantastic.has helped my skin in all areas ,dryness,pimples and redness.has absolutely improved my skin making it clear and luminous ...fantastic stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie123

I'm entering my 4th month of pregnancy and recovering from a MAJOR acne breakout. My skin was dry, flaky, and itchy with a scattering of pimples, and my nose and mouth area were like sandboard as I had a cold and was constantly blowing my nose. My night cream wasn't doing anything to help with the redness and dryness and so I decided to give this a try. I LOVE IT! It hasn't caused a single pimple (in fact I'm all clear now), the redness and flakiness are gone, and my skin is super smooth (all in a week's time). It's thick but not oily and it absorbs very quickly into my skin. Also works great as an eye cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MariannaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful night cream. I wish I could give this a big fat ZERO!!!. Made me break out so bad that my face was in pain and it hurt opening my mouth. I don't even have sensitive skin. It felt like a mask when I applied it on. It did not improve my skin what so ever. Worst night cream ever made. Major thumbs down!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by wonderfuel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

General facial profile: 18 years old, clear of acne for most of my life, but but did not take care of my face well until recently. When I was younger I would slather on some Clearasil and Noxzema at night and call it a day. I never wore much makeup, but when I did it was heavy Cover Girl crap, so that wasn't exactly a plus in my direction either. Plus, lately I am getting no sleep and am a bit stressed, so my skin is suffering from that. As a result, I now have skin that looks less than healthy and could use boosts I never even anticipated.

Skintype: On a scale of 1-10, 10 being Amazon-rain-forest-in-the-summer-oily and 1 being Inner-Antarctica-at-Christmastime-dry, my skin is 3.5-4

Sensitivity: On a scale of 1-10, 10 being a nuclear bomb went off on my face and all it did was give me a radiant glow and 1 being I was perusing the skincare aisle and my face broke out just considering a new product, I am a 2-2.5

The goal: To find a nighttime cream that is thick without being heavy and oily on the skin, can pick up the slack after my nighttime cleanser, won't clog pores and won't make me look glowing in the morning without turning my face into pool of reddened grease.

The product: Comes in a small, weighty glass jar with typical smooth, baby-blue and white Dove coloring. Just looking at it seems soothing. I'm not too hot on having to stick my fingers in the jar, however, especially because of how little I use per time. I thought the jar was much too small for the price and it being a drugstore brand, but really, you only need a dab on each area of your face, so it lasts awhile and not having a pump makes it quite unsanitary. The cream itself is very thick, not a lotiony texture at all, and can be hard to blend in so you may feel like you're not getting enough on and will compensate by spreading more on. That's a bad idea, again, you only need a small amount unless your face is incredibly dry.

First use results: When I first put it on, it did nothing to calm the redness I can get from cleansing (remember, my skin is basically sensitive to everything), however, it did not exacerbate it, either. It looked far too greasy the next morning. My skin did have a glow, but certain spots were less glow, more oily shine, which is never good.

Second try and onward: Wow! I use less now than I did my first night with it, and I am definitely loving this stuff! My face looks simply luminous, and my skin tone looks far less red than it does without. My biggest reservation is that there are some places that feel more weighed down than hydrated, so I am taking off a lippie for that. However, it is a lovely primer for my face to get it through the night and onto the next day without any hassle. A couple days ago I woke up severely late for work, had to run out the door before using any skincare products or makeup, and I got complimented on how my skin looks - so, this definitely receives a thumbs-up from me. not an HG, but it is very good for the price and the results.

Final Score: 89/100. B+! continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2005 2:33:00 PM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great cream.I have been useing it for about a month now and I love it. At first it made my skin break out for a few days but I kept on using it and now my skin it perfect! The fragrance is nice not too strong or overpowering.Feels good on the skin.Not greasey.Wash it off in the morning and my skin just looks good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2005 10:36:00 PM More reviews by klovesj

I really like the cream itself, it seems to be doing a really good job keeping my skin soft. I've had a cold, and have gotten super dry skin around my nose from blowing it so often, and this seems to really help with the dryness. It sorta smells like a dollar store hand cream, however, and I really don't like the fact it comes in a jar. The jar is really heavy for its weight, and having to throw it in my overnight bag seems to make it weigh an extra ten pounds. I didn't think it was too expensive, since my sister works at a Shoppers Drug Mart, so everything in the store is 30% off, but I don't think I would be too pleased to buy it full price. Most likely I would repurchase, since its doing a really good job keeping my skin from drying out, without being too heavy. That outweighs the bad packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2005 7:16:00 AM More reviews by tante_v

This moisturizer really worked to keep moisture in my skin. It's a thick cream that doesn't absorb too quickly--I found that I was using way too much at first. It has a very light, fresh scent that I really like. However, I found that I had to stop using it at night in the summer because it left my face too oily the next morning (I have combo skin that's drier in winter). It never broke me out, but didn't do anything spectacular for me. I think it would be good for people with really dry skin who want something that's not harsh.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2005 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jessica146

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best moisturizers I've ever tried. I was impressed it the good results it gave. It was a lightweight texture, absorbed into my skin quickly, and moisturized well without a coating or sticky feeling. It's too expensive though (about ten dollars for a very small jar) and I didn't like the jar packaging, so I did not repurchase. It worked well all over my body too - I used it on my chest, face, lips, and knees with glorious results.