April 18, 2014 | 2010 users online

Lip Treatments - Avene - Cold Cream Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by niftyspiff

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm honestly shocked at how low the reviews are on this product. I've never found a better lip balm out there for my lips. As for the white sheen - I rarely get that, and only get it when I apply too much.

I've gone through about 15 tubes since I found out about this product in 2008. I keep buying it for people's Christmas/Birthday gifts too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by pakaris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Does nothing for my lips, plus they look weird and white -ish with this 'mosturiser' on. One of the worst lip mosturisers i' ve ever bought

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately this doesnīt provide enough moisture for my dehydrated lips. It even made them more dry and chapped. It leaves a white-ish tint, but itīs a cold cream after all, so Iīm fine with that. Also the smell doesnīt bother me at all, I kind of like it. But as I mentioned, this balm is not moisturizing enough for my lips and I have cheaper stuff that preforms way better than this, so I wont repurchase it and Iīll give it away, as I only used it 4x.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ChenSiangYang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Bad result as Burt's Bee. Nothing happened on my lips, only pale look and worse chapped lips. I dont understand why it doesnt work at all, since I use the thermal water and cleanance K, they produce great result. Never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the most moisturizing lipbalms I have ever tried. Unfortunately it leaves a white layer, but it is great to use as a lip-mask in the night or while at home relaxing (alone, thi-hee).

Would I buy this product again? Yes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This product was great the first few times I applied it, but somewhere along the way it changed in consistency and was just awful. It became extremely hard to apply, left a white, chunky mess, and was as if I'd run a child's glue stick over my lips. I bought this in a two-pack, and opened the second tube which worked great like the first one had in the beginning, however, two weeks laster, it changed in consistency and was hard like the other. I tossed it and do not recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by vitaminas

It doesn't do anything special for my lips, except giving them a white, spooky color. I will not ever repurchase, it isn't moisturizing at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by veronicagee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite moisturising for Singapore's climate but makes me look strangely pale with the sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by digitalnorth13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just converted to the 'avene' line and decided to go all the way-to the lips!
I was a true devotee of Dr.Hauschka lip balm for years but decided to give this a go and was blown away!
I keep it light cause of the 'white look' if over applied and within hours my normally dry cracked lips were comforable!
I also like the colour my lips have become - almost a softer even natural tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

This is an excellent lip balm, if a bit on the pricey side. As a fan of Avene's other products, I find this one to be of similar quality though not nearly as long lasting (for some reason I go through this particular lip balm more quickly than any other Avene item, even though I apply it no more often). I agree with the other reviewers in that it can leave a faint white film on the lips if applied more heavily, but this does not generally bother me, as I tend to only wear it at home. (This might be a consideration for those who wish to wear it under lipstick, however, as it might alter the color a bit). The texture is wonderful, very comfortable, with considerable staying power. I also don't mind the scent, which reminds me of baby lotion...all in all, worth repurchasing if my budget allows.