July 29, 2014 | 2060 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - A&W Root Beer Lip Smacker

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2005 7:53:00 PM More reviews by hayitshappybunny

Wow, I LOVE this! It smells just exactly like root beer! It even has a carbonated smell. Well, I was at Walgreens the other day, and I saw the Soda Lipsmackers on display. I got it in Root Beer, which is also my favorite drink of all time! I was so happy when I first sniffed this. I'm so surprised at how similar it smells to real Root Beer! It tastes similar to Root Beer, also. The thing I don't like, though, is the texture. It's kind of gritty, like the cosmic lip smackers. This is still one of my favorite lipsmackers! edit: eww! whenever I put this stuff on, I have noticed that it leaves a screen of white, goopy stuff sitting on my lips. Yuck! Oh well, I don't really care about texture, but if you didn't like the texture of the Cosmic Lipsmackers, then don't buy this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sugarbaby01

Yumm...this smells and tastes great! (although if you look in the ingredients..it actually contains trans fat! so don't eat it..) anyway..this seemed to be less glossy than the dr. pepper lipsmacker, which has a tint. the root beer one has absolutely no tint, although my lips were redder from rubbing the tube across them. i like this, but it's more fun than functional. i dont think i would repurchase, but i would repurchase dr pepper (well i have)because it actually has a color and gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 4:47:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great-smelling, moisturizing lipbalm. I was hoping for a light brown tint, but it's clear on my pink-pigmented lips. It's useful for extra moisture over lip liners, when I don't want to alter the liner shade. It's great for this purpose, as the balm is not too slippery yet moisturizing, so it has decent longevity (castor seed oil is the first ingredient).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2004 10:45:00 PM More reviews by heath0306

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Root Beer but this kinda smells like watered down rootbeer. No funky colored tint which is good. It came in a 6 soda scented holiday pack... but i wouldn't buy it seperately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2004 7:39:00 AM More reviews by hotpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really great! Smells great, doesn't taste like much to me. On my pigmented lips this is just a shiny lip balm...not much color. It's SO cute, w/ the A&W logo on the tube. It's fab...2nd only to Dr. Pepper. I got this in a 3 pack with Dr. Pepper and 7 Up. Cheap and wonderful...what could be better??? [Free and wonderful maybe but that's hard to come by =)]

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by LedZep36

Love this stuff but I seem obsessed right now with getting all of the Lip Smackers. I guess, it may be the nostalgia (sp?) from my youth but I am in the process of collecting them all again.If only I could find the bubble gum one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally tracked down the elusive A&W Root Beer Smacker! I just had to go to a Target in another state to do it...

This Smacker is fabulous, total HG status for me. First of all, the smell is EXACTLY like A&W Root Beer. They got this one spot on. There isn't a heavy taste, but it does also taste like A&W Root Beer as well. The color is nice...where the Dr. Pepper Smacker gives a subtle sheer deep red color, this gives a subtle sheer nudey-brown color. It even looks shimmery, although I can't detect any shimmer in the gloss itself.

This feels nice and moisturizing on the lips, and has decent wear, but if you apply too much of this it looks cakey and icky. It won't last through a seven-course meal, but for a burger and fries it does okay...you can still feel the moisturizing properties of this afterwards, although the color does mostly wear off. But, whaddya expect? It's a lip balm, reapply! Get over yourself, put a little fun in your life and get this Smacker!

Now, if you'll scuzza me, I have an irresistible craving for root beer.... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2004 3:26:00 AM More reviews by vinyllips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do not really like the taste of A&W but this lipbalm is awesome. I love to use it when I am not in the mood for heavy lip colours. This lipbalm provides an extraordinary amazing gloss effect & the A&W taste is not overpowering. The colour is a light nude glossy look & I like to use for a casual date. Nothing OTT, just simple & nice. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2004 8:02:00 PM More reviews by puppilvnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

What's all the hype about? This gloss is okay but wouldn't purchase again. No staying power and feels too thin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Lexi17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells exactly like root beer, has the same conditioning texture of LipSmackers, and imparts subtle shine and softness to my lips. I carry mine with me, and will repurchase.