November 25, 2014 | 1823 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No no nooooo! But seriously. Total MAC snob over here (and I'm not ashamed) but was really not impressed with this bronzer. I've tried several of MAC's other bronzers (golden, refined golden and some of the MSFs) which were decent but nothing special. I bought Matte Bronze because I was searching for a matte bronzer to double as a contour. I had high hopes for this bronzer, unfortunately it just didn't deliver. First off, it was not pigmented at all, it takes tons of product on a very stiff, dense brush to even get any on my face, and even when I did, it barely showed up on my NC35 skin. It also had a very chalky, dry texture, (I tried several different brushes with this, including the MAC 187 and none of them helped) and to top it all off, it broke me out! (and I'm not an acne prone person, very few products break me out) I found this product seemed extremely dry, and seemed very cheap, hard and chalky, it reminded me of a very cheap, dollar store product. The only reason I give this 2 lippies instead of 1 is because the colour itself was decent (when it actually did show up) but just not worth it. Sorry MAC, I really do love you, but this is going back to the store, I'm going to try out some different brands for my bronzer. This was a total dud, what were they thinking??

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by JRom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this product for about a month so far, but I think I've used it enough to say that I really like this bronzer. My skin is tanned with neutral/olive undertones and I love that it's not orange or redish tinged, it's a legitamite matte bronze-brown which is what I was looking for. I do love that it does not apply with heavy pigment at first so you really have a lot of control when building it up to use as a contour. Very natural looking, and I can use it for a light healthy glow on my cheeks during the day when I don't contour. The packaging seems sturdy and it's not too bulky.
Overall I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Carley210

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found it dry & chalky. It gave me a streaked look. The sales girl said it was perfect for light skin. She was wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS A MUST HAVE BRONZER!!!! I've been looking everywhere for a bronzer that will suit my asian skin NC20-30. I wanted a good bronzer that will not make me look orange (i've tried sephora, elf, nars, etc) but it doesn't work for me. And I bought this and I swear it is PERFECT for contouring. It doesn't bronze you up so much (which I like) but it's just the perfect shade to contour with. I love it to death.
I got them from Myers for $39. It's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Beccalovesbacon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

seriously, I love this bronzer! Wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for a "tan-bronzy" look all over your face, BUT it is soooo amazing for cheekbones! I can't even explain it! it's not orange og powdery, so it goes on so natural and creates an amazing bonestructure on my cheekbones! Hoola by Benefit does a pretty good job at contouring cheekbones but this is more natural-looking. but I would probably recommend Hoola for darker skintones, since it is not a super pigmented dark bronzer like Hhoola is.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by JinaKimchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard some people say that this bronzer lacks pigmentation but I think it just requires the right kind of brush. As long as you use a dense brush it picks up a good amount of product and I don't have to dig to get color. The color is a medium brown with a bit of warmth but not too much. While its not the smoothest bronzer out there, I still like it because it looks natural and I like to use it to contour. One funny thing though is that after i used the bronzer the top layer hardened in the spot where I used it, something that happens with some powder products. Its still usable but a bit annoying. The packaging is nice, it comes with a mirror and the compact feels sturdy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by flexychesca

Abolutely LOVE this bronzer! It's a bit on the pricey side but so worth it!! It looks so nice on my skin and natural rather than the cheaper brands which tend to be quite flakey, orangey and tacky! Definitely need to stock up on this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by maddie1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great product! It doesnt look orange or muddy either! It stays on all day and is pigmented. I love the versitility of this product too. I can use it all over for a bronzed effect- or contour! Great product, will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by bert6889

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this product; I use it in most everyday makeup looks; probably because it fulfills my one and only bronzer requirement. I will not wear a bronzer with shimmer or sparkle. I have a strong aversion to it, mostly because I think it looks odd when only youíre face not the rest of your exposed body is glittering in the sunlight. Or on the other hand glitter just gets everywhere including in your clothing. Finally, I use my bronzer to contour; sparkles/shimmer attracts light which is the exact opposite of what you want when you are trying to contour. MAC bronzer is not drug store cheap, however, MAC powders (generally) are more known for their colour payoff so a little goes a long way (and a little more makes you look muddy). I have been buying this product for about 5 or 6 years and I am only on my second compact, you can do the math, the cost isnít too much over that period of time. Over these 5-6 years both my powders have stayed in great condition, they havenít noticeably changed colour or consistency. The only thing is I wish the colour was a little more taupe; which would be better for contouring, but maybe I am asking too much from one product. This is a very nice product though I canít for sure say that the next time I buy a bronzer it will be from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Hayliezzz

I love using this bronzer to contour my cheekbones. I think they may have reformulated this, because mine is pretty old and I find it to be really dark if I go too strong, but all the reviewers here say it has no pigmentation! I happen to be pretty fair-skinned, but even my dark-skinned friends thought this was dark! I don't know, for me it works fine if you use it with a light hand, and it last forever- I just hit pan recently and it's probably been about two years!