December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by colleendc19

this mascara is good for when you want a super natural look, because it doesn't do all that much to lashes except darken and hold a bit of curl! i'll use it when i don't want to put on a lot of makeup, but otherwise it's not my favorite...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by jandi

The packaging is cute, but that is as much as you get for this one. Does not really lengthen or curve. I am not a big fan of the dry brittle texture it gives to my lashes either.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Survivalgirl

This is one of the first mascara I had tired.
Reason for not buying again:

1) For the price, it is really not worth it. You can buy better mascara at a cheaper price.
2) It does not hold curls well. After an hour, your curls will be straight.
3) It makes my eyelashes looks dry and clumpy
4) It does not lengthen or volume well.
5) Again, it's not worth it for its price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this mascara several times in the past 3 or so years, and I've had quite a varied experience with each. Something in Maybelline's quality control process must be out of whack :-/
The best 'version' of this mascara did noting at all in the way of curling, but did give a noticeable lengthening effect. No clumping but a little flaking.

The worst versions of this mascara have ranged from a brush that snapped off the wand within a week (the second time I've had that with a Maybelline mascara), a tube that was completely empty (refund for that one!), dry formulations that seemed ashy on the lashes, and flaking that seemed like the prelude to a volcanic erruption.

A mediocre product at best that is not worth the quality roulette.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by callado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i hate this! i CAN"T hold the curl, it flats your lashes like hell! also the pigment was really bad, i brought the black one but it turns out like ashy black on my lashes. it does nothing on thickening or lengthening, but only clump like crazy....dont waste your money to get a crap mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for about 4 months (i think?), and overall, i feel that it is an okay/average product. For me it adds a bit of length as well as volume (and it also lifts my lashes fairly well), but it still creates a very natural look. I find the formula pretty easy to work with; it doesn't seem too thick or thin. The brush for it is nice as well. It also hasn't caused any irritation to my eyes, which is always a good thing. I've become pretty comfortable with using this mascara daily, but i'm still not sure if I would repurchase this yet. I think i would be open to buying it again in the future, but for now i will probably try out some different products. Overall though, i don't have anything really negative to say about this mascara. In the past I have really liked Maybelline's mascaras, and i think that this one has its good points too. Overall, i'll say that it's an ok product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by realcutiepie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There must be something wrong with me. The last 3 tubes of mascara, I've tried I've hated. Sky High curves being the latest. Instead of going back to lash blast or volumioous, which i love, I continue the search. and always end up being disapointed.

I have been trying to save money lately and Sky high was on sale for three bucks. I usually go with a very volumizing mascara but bought this instead. First issue i had was that after curling my lashes it just straightens them right back out. I never expected this to curl the lashes but I definetely expected them to preserve the curls I painstakingly created. It is a very thin kinda dry formula that I can forsee flaking off as it dries out in a few weeks. On the plus side, It dosen't clump. OK for a natural look but I guess I expected more. I used Loreal le grande curl years ago and remember that being a whole hell of a lot better. I will never learn.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

This is a pretty good mascara. The curl wasn't that dramatic and only lasted about 4 hours. Then again my lashes are very straight and hard to curl so it may not be that way for everyone.

No lumps, no flaking, no smudging, no irritation. Long feathery look, reasonable price. A relief after all the crappy mascaras I've tried lately!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use an eyelash curler. Whenever I put mascara on, it tends to have a slight curl, so I can't tell if its curling.

My friend loved this & I wanted to try it. The brush is kinda hard, but doable. This is similar to L'Oreal Voluminous, but better. No flaking or smudging & stays on but is easy to come off. No spider lashes & much easier to apply.

I needed a mascara for a little more umph, but to be honest, when three months is up I'm tossing this & I'm not going to buy two mascaras (one for normal use & one for the umph).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by qtpie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is horrible, it doesn't even do what it says! After curling my eyelashes with the curler and applying this mascara, it just drags your eyelashes down so that it's even straighter than before using the eyelash curler! Don't buy this, any other mascara holds a curl better than this one. Only good thing is that it lengthens