December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this eyeliner on a whim because my cousin had this liner and it looked good on her so i thought id give it a try i am very disappointed by this liner when i put it on it dries and feels like its tugging my eye and it dries to a gross flaky way. it is not worth the price wont be buying this again

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by britina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do you like bold, super precise, winged liner that comes to a sharp point? If so, you probably won't like this liner.

This is an okay liner, product wise, although it does flake some, but it's not too bad if you don't touch it throughout the day, which I don't. But mine got suuuuper goopy and gross after about a month of use. I know you're supposed to throw liquid eyeliner out after a month or so because it expires fast, but really? Who really does that? I haven't had any problems with other brands getting this thick and goopy before.

To make it worse, the brush. Oh dear. That brush. It's an actual brush with bristles, not the felt tip kind, so it has that going for it, but it's rather short and wide. At first it wasn't so bad even though it really wasn't ideal, but once it got goopy, there was just waaay too much product on the brush, and the bristles seem to spread out after using it a few times, which makes it really difficult to get a sharp point.

I will not be repurchasing this, mostly because using a thinner, slightly longer bristle brush lets me draw my liner on in the exact shape I want. The thick, short brush just takes too long to make a sharp point with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by qnvicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Just bought this liner today and I already think it might be my next HG liner! I've been looking for a waterproof 'use warm water to flake off' type liner. I used to buy these types if liners from Japan and Korea but have had trouble finding it here until I found this one!! The packaging isn't the greatest, but I love the fine brush tip, pigmented black, smooth, and long lasting. The last liner I used was MUFE aqua liquid liner which had excellent reviews, but maybelline is MUCH better and a quarter of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years. I can't understand the bad reviews. I have it in black and brown. I have oily skin, very oily lids and a flaky eyeliner doesn't work for me. This doesn't flake or budge. If I don't remove it, it's often still on in the morning after being on all day.
The brush is great - thin line that's buildable. Good color pigmentation. I use this Ultra Liner and Milani Infinite waterproof, but prefer this, due to the brush of this being easier to use, and the Milani flakes off after about 8 hrs.
Maybelline Ultra Liner: Great product, cheap price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

This is not the holy grail of waterproof liquid liner, but it's pretty damn good for it's price. I didn't purchase this product for actually swimming or being in the rain or anything that requires pouring water on your face.
I bought this for combating the cruel heat and humidity of summer in Asia. The price is reasonable (less than $10 at drugstore) and it stays put all day. No fuss.
I read some of the reviews and maybe I got the good batch of this product because my liner was super black and has excellent staying power. It did not flake at all (even when I was sweating and burning all day).
I use cleansing oil to remove my eye makeup and it came right off.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 is because I don't like the brush tip. But then again I don't use liquid liner much, I only purchase it because I was visiting Asia.
This liquid liner has the typical skinny tip that is hard to control (some people say it gives them more control). I find it hard to do wings because it's so skinny. I would probably buy a whole bunch and stock it up if they come up with a thicker brush tip.
It's very easy to use and you don't have to worry about smudges/smears like liner pencils would.

I really think this is a great product to use against humidity. If you happen to purchase the bad batch like some reviewers did, many drugstores will accept a return or exchange as long as you have the receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Pekepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy to use. Bold color that doesn't fade. Waterproof. Lasts all day long. What more can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Leilani702

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was a teen. Although I've tried many other liners, I always come back to Maybelline. It's a classic that won't let you down. Long wearing, no smudge, no budge and you can use the brush to apply a thick wing line or a thin demure line. I hope they keep making this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Esmiee

Out of all the eyeliners I have bought before, I have never experience one that flakes so fast. It's flakes right off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by raanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I must say the negative reviews are rather astounding. My opinion of this product is gastronomically different. This is my go-to-everyday-easy-long lasting liner! This eyeliner is versatile, you can tight-line (long lasting results unlike most) or you can paint up your lids as dramatically as you'd like! Some people here say that this is not waterproof, but here's a little trick about waterproof makeup most people do not know or follow do NOT touch it!! That's it! :) I was just out all day suntanning and swimming at the river and this product lasted the whole time.
A little tip for application, start at the inner corner of your eye, and make small strokes towards the outer part. Make your line at the outer edge of your eye thicker than the inner (otherwise your eye will look smaller) And if you want to add a fun little flare, add some wings to 'dem eyes! Oh, and let it dry before you curl your lashes or curl them before applying!
Anyways, this is an eyeliner I have been using for years now. I would recommend that you give it a shot! It's inexpensive, and you won't regret it (despite it's reputation on MakeupAlley.)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by eunoia93

In my search for the ultimate waterproof liquid eyeliner for summer I bought this while in a rush. It just stood out to me because it's the only liquid liner I saw that actually SAID waterproof even though I had a feeling it wouldn't be good..

I was correct!

This is definitely NOT WATERPROOF. I first swatched it on my hand and ran a bit of water on it and it didn't run but then I just swiped it lightly and it came off as easy as dry erase marker! I tried wearing it for a light a shower and of course it flaked off.. wore it for a day (w/o water) and it flaked off in 2 hours tops.. It FLAKES right off. Unfortunate, because it has good pigmentation and consistency and I like the small brush it comes with but no point because it doesn't stay on at all.

It's cheap also 5-6$ range but DO NOT BUY because it doesn't stay.