November 22, 2014 | 1918 users online

Top/Base Coats - Rimmel - Base Coat and Strengthener

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by thewindcries

I was going to spend a little bit more money on Sally Hansen products, but I decided to check the Rimmel display because I think Rimmel is a very good (and under-rated IMO) product.

I bought this and 60-second top coat. I think this is the standout.

-Dirt cheap.
-Great shine.
-Looks great if you leave it on by itself.
-Really hardens nail.
-Keeps my Rimmel, OPI, China Glaze, etc nail polishes ON.

I work for a hardware store, and I use my nails a lot, so anything that helps is awesome. Will definitely repurchase this if I run out.

Only downside: I wish it had a bigger brush. Oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Digital_Dolls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first topcoat & I don't like it. It has made no difference in the life of my manicures.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This is the best strengthener ive tried, and ive tried so many. This has ultra long wearing properties, nice shine, no chips. This is better than any Sally Hansen product ive tried. Dirty cheap. Definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by TCamille

I, too, use this as a top coat but I mostly wear it alone. It gives a nice milky pink subtle sparkly finish on my toes and leave them looking well manicured. Makes my nails stronger too. My only gripe is that I have to use about a good three coats to get the effect I want and this polish takes quite a while to dry. Other than that its still a favorite for my feet. Super pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ktrieu84

I had been looking for a nail polish that would make my nails stronger that didn't contain formaldehyde. After reading the reviews here about this product I thought I'd give it a shot.
The nail polish itself looks like a soft pink with shimmers in the bottle. When used, it is actually clear with a pink tint and shimmers. The polish is a bit thicker than your normal polish, but goes on with out any problems.
The bottle says to use 1 - 2 coats, so I used 2 (making sure each coat dried before adding another) and redid the polish after a few days. My nails do feel stronger but not inflexible, they are also smooth (although it helps that I use a manicure cube thingy to smooth them) and shiny.
This nail polish has really performed better than other polishes that I have tried. And for the price it's not a bad item at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by sillystupid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great shiny basecoat. I prefer to wear it alone for the sparkly subdued effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2006 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Mari001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My nail polish loves to start chipping by the next day, so I bought this hoping it would somewhat work, at the cheap price i'd have nothing to lose! I wore it alone for a couple days, beautiful! It's so glossy and pretty, and didn't come off at all. I used it as a base coat, and almost four days later my nail color is still on, it's starting to chip a little bit at the edges, but with that I can deal. I love this stuff, and it's cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by fenestra

Awesome stuff! I had been using this as a base coat but decided to use it on its own to see how it held up. Four days later and my nails are still strong and shiny. Usually clear coats peel or flake off within a day so I normally don't wear them on their own but this hasn't budged yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I think this is what i got. It says.. STRONG or stronger.. something like that... i don't know how it works as far as strengthening goes, since i JUST got it (today actually) and i just put it on a few moments ago. I do love how shiney it is!! and how SMOOTH it makes your nails!! Dries fast and looks great! it looks milky pale pink with shimmers in the bottle but on my nails it just looks super shiney clear with subtle shimmer!! at $5CAD i will definitely be buying it again when i run out! i can't stop looking at my nails and seeing how it *sparkles* !!! i'm in the basement with LOW light too! and it's STILL super duper shiney!!! ^___^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2005 4:12:00 PM More reviews by auras

Very good product as a base and top coat. I use it alone (sooooo shiny) or w/ polish and I love it just the same. My manicure lasts 4 days now, which is a personal record. I'll keep on buying it.