Urban Decay Oil Slick

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/28/2009 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this black shadow. It is my FAVORITE black shadow. It is soo easy to put on, it blend so easily, the color is really nice and there is NO FALLOUTS even if there is shimmers in. I use this all the time for smoky eyes or to darken the crease area!

on 8/20/2009 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I really dont have a problem with the glitter. When I put this on, it is a vibrant jet black on me. It is way better than most black shadows I have tried. When I touched this on my finger tip at Ulta. I had to buy it

on 8/5/2009 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't own this,but I have tried it and it's just too glittery for my taste. The color is a medium pigmented flat black,with silver glitter. The fall out is bad and the staying power is mediocre.
If you want a basic black[ala Carbon] from UD get Perversion or Zero.

on 8/3/2009 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I mainly use Oil Slick as a eyeliner. I wet a slant tipped brush w/ saline and then rake it through the pot of color and apply it. It goes on highly pigmented and lasts all day w/ UDPP.

on 7/17/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This shadow does double duty for me, and I love it. I apply it dry and lightly for a dark dramatic smoky eye, or I wet an angled brush with visine and use it as an eyeliner. I think the glitter rocks. LOVE IT.

on 7/11/2009 5:22:00 PM

I got this shade in a palette, and it is the best black eye shadow I have. I don't really mind the glitter: If I use it as a shadow, I tap off the brush and that gets most of the glitter off. And if I use this as a liner, I don't notice any fallout of glitter on my face, so I don't mind it. I guess this is black, but it is really nice because it doesn't look flat and lifeless when you put it on your eyes. You can also apply it lightly for just a little shading, or darker for more intensity and you can apply it wet or dry.
I personally use this mostly for a liner, but occasionaly I use it as a shadow. It works great both ways.
:) mo

on 5/24/2009 2:34:00 AM

I got this as part of an eyeshadow palette, and I use it as eyeliner. It actually stays on better than most pencil and gel liners I've used, and it seems to be fairly waterproof. It can be applied with an angled brush for a clean look, but it's easy to blend and smudge if you'd like a smoky look. Just make sure you don't get too much on the brush, because this stuff (especially the glitter) tends to flake and go everywhere. It takes some practice.

on 5/21/2009 12:25:00 PM

i got this in the urban decay ammo palette. not one of my favourite colours as there is an incredible amount of glittery fall out! it's so pigmented but the fallout is just ridiculous even if i have used udpp! if i use this, i use the tiniest bit ever as it all just goes all over on my cheeks :@

on 5/21/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this for a few years, and that's not a good thing. When I use it, it gets extremely messy and then I have raccoon eyes. It might also be that I don't know how to apply black eyeshadow on and I have medium colored skin, but nonetheless, I find it difficult to blend and shape when I use all other UD colors easily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i got this in a palette (the silver one with the skull on it) and it's definitely one of my go-to colours. maybe it's because i'm young, but i don't tend to see urban decay's use of glitter as anything other than a plus; i like that their shadows are fun and i guess different. i've read on here that this colour can come with multicoloured sparkles but mine is only silver. that doesn't stop me using this as liner or for a smokey eye on a regular basis, i find urban decay eye shadows really easy to work with and incredibly highly pigmented. if i run out i probably will buy this shadow again, since i use it so often i'd regard it as a staple.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products