December 22, 2014 | 997 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Clarifying Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by liliesandsunshine

ES Clarifying Facial Wash is a decent cleanser-cleans my combo face without overdrying it. It reminds me a lot of Liquid Neutrogena cleanser in terms of texture, feel, and smell. However, despite my "meh" feeling, I would recommend/purchase the facial wash again because it is cheap, PH-balanced, and have extracts of natural ingredients (cucumber, rosemary, birch bark, and lavender).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this for about $6-7 on sale at Henry's. I've been looking for a simple, non-detergent cleanser & picked up this & Desert Essence: Thoroughly Clean Face Wash Sunflower, Green tea, Tea Tree Oil. I asked on the skincare boards which one was better & the majority went with this one. I've been using it over a week now & I really like it. I LOVE the scent! For reference, I don't rely on a cleanser to remove my makeup; I usually take my makeup off before w/ Pond's for my eyes & a makeup wipe or Bioderma H2O & a cotton pad or plain old Jojoba oil, THEN I CLEANSE. I have slightly oily skin, acne prone skin.

Here's a description from their site:
"Clarifying Facial Wash
This mild foaming gel gently removes dirt, oil and other residues while oil-free moisturizers keep skin soft and supple, never dry. Rich in Hyaluronic Acid (nature’s most effective oil-free hydrator). The ideal way to cleanse and properly moisturize normal and oily complexions while preventing over-cleansing and drying of the skin. pH 5.0 8 oz."

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Kiradris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin that can occasionally get dry on the surface. I've been using this cleanser for the past year or so, and I am a big fan. I usually find it on sale at my local Henry's market (thought at full price I still consider it a reasonable buy). It is gentle, gets rid of the oilies and the day's makeup, but doesn't strip skin of moister (however to make your skin very soft afterwards, I recommend using the complimentary toner from this line). A full bottle usually lasts me about 4-6 months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good one - gets the job done and doesn't dry out my skin. thoroughly removes most make up, though not my eye make up if I'm wearing much. Not any majory complaints, but not any major praises for this cleanser either. I kind of prefer my Dove sensitive skin bar b/c it gets all make up off a little better and foams so much :-P
But, I still recommend this one too, and it's got good ingredients!

EDIT: well, this dried the heck out of my skin too after further use :-(.
Now I use Freeman Organics Good Stuff Cleanser which I love.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a decent basic foaming cleanser best for normal to oily skin. It lathers nicely and removes makeup pretty well, but I could not stand the scent. It smells like an overly-sweet men's cologne. I was really surprised when I saw that it had fragrance/parfum as the last ingredient. Not what I'd expect from a natural company like Earth Science. Bottom like: worth a shot if the scent doesn't bother you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Michele72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really good cleasner. Since I have been pregnant and it's now the summer. My skin has gotten oiler then usual...not surprising. I wanted something that would take care of the oilies but not strip my skin either. This is absolutely perfect. It cleasnes beautifully and does not leave me feeling dry at all. I finish with their Aloe toner made for sensitive skin instead of the clarifying toner and their Aloe/Almond day creme with SPF in it and it works perfectly. Really good stuff...cheap too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by babieedoll

I have and oily T-zone and sometimes my cheeks can become oily in the summer.
I bought this a while ago and have been using it for several months. I love how it removes all the makeup I wear and doesn't leave me dry at all. It doesn't get rid of black heads then again it's just a cleanser. I don't really have much pimples, I usually get a couple when it's the time of the month. Anyway over all it's a pretty good cleanser to remove makeup, oil and dirt.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by jssugar

I picked this up because I was looking for a change. I had high hopes, but I feel meh about it. It's good, but nothing spectacular. I felt like it was a little drying. Cetaphil is just as good, and cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by vms1

I would say im a major product whore, im always looking for the best product out there no matter if i can afford it or not. A few years ago i went to whole foods and got myself into the natural thing. This product line was one of the ones the lady that worked that dept showed me. Ive strayed tons of times since. The products dont seem to be elegant, the prices seem to cheaper then most other brands but oh have i been wrong to stray. These products are professional, not tuttti fruity, gentle, full of vitamins and minerals, dont break me out. but most important not loaded with 30 ingredients you cant pronounce. Also, there customer service is exceptional, always helpful and knowledgeable. Ive called them at least 10 times, being pregnant, product questions etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I have been using this for over a year for my oily skin. I use it in the morning and it feels so fresh and doesn't make me break out. It is non drying. It doesn't take off makeup so I use a different product at night. Definitely one of the best cleansers to get you going in the morning and no sodium laureth sulfate which I am allergic to!