Milani Crystal Gloss in Serendipity

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 11/18/2005 8:04:00 AM

Serendipity is rich brown-bronze with gold shimmer. Texture and consistency is of good quality for a drugstore line. I am quite impressed with Milani overall - especially their eye shadows.

on 9/28/2005 5:19:00 PM

This is a highly pigmented shimmery deep-goldish brown. My skin is on the lighter side, so this gloss actually makes me look kind of vampy without having any red tones in it! Darker skin would be very well complemented by this, though. The package is the cutest I've seen for an inexpensive drugstore brand--a tiny little bullet-shaped tube.

on 5/7/2005 3:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for a brownish/golden shimmer lip gloss, & I was seriously considering getting MAC's Oh Baby, but was having trouble shelling out the money for it. Then I saw the reviews for this item, & I have to say I'm not disappointed. It's just about exactly what I was looking for, & for only $3 at the drugstore! It does have good pigment to it -- so many golden brown glosses I've tried lately are so sheer they look clear on my lips. This one definitely gives good color to your lips, but not over the top dark. It's also got a decent vanilla smell, a great compact tube size, & a nice thicker texture that stays put reasonably well for a gloss without being too sticky. I'd say this one's a keeper!

on 5/1/2005 10:53:00 PM

Bought this tonight at CVS (BOGO 50% off...you simply MUST indulge! Plus, I had $12 in Extra Bucks to spend! Yipee!) feeling in a bronzey mood! It IS lovely, sheer coffee-colored with tons of gold shimmer! My lips have zero pigment; I will wear this by itself (with a clear liner) and over red and brown lipsticks (Jordana's are great for this use; they are drier than most and only $1 each!). This will be so hot for Summer, but also for Fall, with its warm, golden hue. Love it, get it!

on 2/8/2005 2:40:00 PM

Great fall lip color! Serendipity is a rich brown-bronze with a fine gold shimmer. Upon application, it looks hideously frosty and plasticky, but quickly mellows into a warm, 'dark nude' color (if that makes any sense). Beautiful with a soft, brown smokey eye. Like the other Crystal glosses, the texture is smooth, thick and creamy, pigmentation is intense and there's a light, vanilla-ish scent, but no taste. Packaging is a cute, small tube and the price (3.99) can't be beat.

on 1/15/2005 12:41:00 PM

Funny reason to purchase, but I bought this simply because I loved the name (Serendipity is an awesome movie too) and I figured the color would be nice too.. seemed quite foolproof.. I was right.. thsi is stuff I throw in my purse whenever I feel like putting it on.. nice coverage and not sticky at all.. I think I am really starting to love these Milai products.. suchhh a bargain!!!

on 12/6/2004 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It's a beautiful bronzey gold, but it kind of washed me out. I'm a GGG/DDD, btw, so I was surprised that it did that--considering this is a line for women of color.It does last a long time, nicely pigmented, smell good, and is smooth on the lips. I'd buy another Crystal Gloss, but in a different color. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Another great Milani product. I'm not a big lipgloss gal but the girls on MUA are slowly winning me over. Love Serendipity. I wear it over MAC Icon. Give me a sortof natural look but I still look like I'm wearing some color (understand what I'm trying to say). Love Milani products and you can't go wrong with this gloss. Not fond of the smell but it's not that bad. Great product and I paid $2.89.
UPDATE: I'm still a big Milani fan but this is NOT a dupe of MAC's Oh Baby on MY brown pigmented lips. This is more of a bronze/brown and Oh Baby is more of a nude neutral. I'm a NW45 and I realize it does not give enough color to give me the extra 'umph' I like. Will not repurchase. continued >>

i love this gloss! i put it on the back of my hand next to oh baby and it did look darker but if i just use a light hand it looks exactly the same on my lips! and $10 cheaper! definately a repurchase!

This is a nice bronze color that fades a bit once applied to be more subtle (it seems more intense when first applied). Not the best staying power but decent. The scent is a bit strong (almost like a vanilla coffee) but dissipates after a while. Overall, nice product.

Recommended for Medium Skin