Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 11/2/2014 4:08:00 PM

I bought the two ton tomato. It's perfect, just the right amount moisture, coverage and shine.
Stays on long too. Finally found my hg lipstick.

Also bought the fuller fig, a wholelotta of honey and heaping hazelnut.

I love fuller fig and honey since they're the most natural and flattering colours ever.
But heaping hazelnut was a bit too light, I looked washed out. So I just use it on my face
as a highlighter.

At first I was dissapointed with these!

I brought the shade Whoppin' Watermelon on a whim and I was expected it to be a lot more pigmented but I think now I understand the purpose of these!

After a while I found myself reaching for the pink shade a lot on days where I didn't want to bother with lining my lips or lipsticks but still wanted a bit of colour and moisture and the chubby sticks are perfect for that!

I expected these to be similar to other lip crayons I have tried but I don't think these are supposed to replace a lipstick, I think they're just meant as a really lovely, sheer tinted lip balm type thing - although I have to say I have purchased some brighter colours and the colour pay off with them have been excellent!

These don't have the best staying power and do seem to fade after a couple of bites of food or a drink but because they are so moisturising and fool proof to apply you can top up again, again and again without worrying about your lips drying!

Now the Autumn and Winter months have arrived I am loving the shade '08 Grandest Grape' which is a rich purple colour! The pigmentation in this shade is phenumonel and it is definitely my new favourite go to lip product (in this shade anyways)!

I would purchase a chubby stick again although I think I'm still looking to try out a couple different shades and find my HG shades from the collection!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very moist, it looks natural on my lips and long lasting.

on 10/5/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have not reviewed these lip balms yet because I have been using three of them and I have noticed that they have a slightly different consistency and opacity.

I have Graped up, a nice mauvey berry beige with imperceptable shimmer which is very creamy and has a good coverage for a balm. On fairy skin it can look quite dark and sultry, on mediuml/dark skin it has more a nude. I also have Volouptuos Violet (VV) which on the lips is a beautyful transparent berry colour, like a cooler version of the famous Black Honey tand it looks great on pale and on tanned skin. And I have Woppin Watermelon (WW) which is a semitransparent creamy pink with a blue undertone and depending on how much I apply it can look very natural, almost nude, or a bit more polished in the 60thies kind of look.

They are all very emollient, WW being my favourite in terms of versatility and hydration, and keep my lips moisturized and plump also hours after they fade off, leaving a hue of colour. They are not sticky and shining like glosses but like real balms. For this reason I also love to apply WW and VV under or over my lipsticks to make them more emollient, especially the long lasting ones.

Because they are made with natural oils and butters they are not addictive and drying in the long terms like many other lip products with mineral oil (yes I mean you Clarins Natural Lip perfector!) and the only thing that makes me addicted is the ease and the pleasure to apply them. Once I forgot Woppin Watemelon in the office over the weekend and I almost freaked out! I'm sure I'm going to try many more colours in the cool range.

on 9/26/2014 3:40:00 AM

I have this in 10 Bountiful Blush. It is almost exactly the colour of my lips, so I don't get a lot of colour from it but it just makes my face look a little more "pulled together". It's nice, as I don't really wear lipstick a lot (they tend to dry out my lips). This chubby stick is not drying, though I don't find it moisturising either. I do use a bit of proper lip balm underneath. Sometimes I top with gloss (BB Bare Sparkle). All in all, I think it's a nice product, not overwhelmingly wonderful. I would like to try another brighter colour though.

on 9/17/2014 4:58:00 PM

Didn't like this one :(

on 9/14/2014 4:48:00 PM

I love lipsticks and each lipstick after 4 hours or earlier need a little touch up.
That is why I love these chubby sticks. I dont wear nudes, I wear strong colours and when it starts to fade away in the middle of the lip its not very attractive, also many of them are a little drying.
I own 16 voluptuous violet right now, which goes amazingly well over Tom Ford Black Orchid. It makes it looks more fresh, make it feel more comfrotable and adds the colour as well.
It looks amazing on its own as well, its great after gym, so easy and freshens up the face. It looks cute too :D
I dont see any minuses, its compact, easy to apply without mirror, nice pigmentation, nice moisture (not too much, its not a treatment). Its really all I expected and I wanted. I carry it always with me in the bag.

on 8/30/2014 11:14:00 AM

Oh my wow! I was not expecting to love this product. I am not a huge fan of lip balms or lip crayons but I bought Roomiest Rose and the color is intense and gorgeous! A true deep rose color and my lips feel incredible and soft. Glides on nicely and can apply with great control. There is a tiny bit of shimmer which is nice and the ingredients are good for your lips. I will be purchasing more colors definitely! I may never use a regular lipstick again!

on 8/26/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this lipstick! Im on my 3rd one, i buy the hot pink peony one and not only is the color true but it does not dry out your lips like alot of lipsticks! worth the money, however if your looking for long wear this isnt it... you will have to reapply through out the day !

on 8/16/2014 12:17:00 PM

Slides naturally on my lips and blends naturally with my lip colour. It enhances my natural lip color like a color enhanced lip balm. Much more reliable and safe than lip stick. Also easy to apply without a mirror. The only down side is I need to apply it a couple times a day. Great for work but not for weddings etc.

Recommended for Medium Skin