October 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Waterproof Glimmersticks

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This used to be my Holy Grail of eyeliners. I loved it so much I would save it for special occasions only. It's a bit more pricier than I would usually pay for eyeliner, but I thought it was worth it. My favorite thing about it is it's retractable. After wearing it for a while I began to notice that for the most part it held up to it's name, it was SORT OF waterproof, however it would wear off after a while, and would sort of smudge itself off, so that was dissapointing. I guess it's waterproof to actual tears if that makes sense because when my eyes would water a little it would wash off, but when it was heavier water, i.e crying, it stayed put somewhat. But I think I will just stick to my .99 cent kohl eyeliner from my local beauty supply store and save myself three dollars and some change at the Avon boutique.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 Hard to apply the formula dosen't go on smoothly. I had to strech my lids and that's not a good thing when you are fighting wrinkles. As for the staying power, it was very ordinary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

My sister has a coworker who sells Avon, and in order to help her out, my sister offered to order a few things for me for my birthday. I have used the regular glimmersticks in the past and have enjoyed them. They were running a special on these, and I was curious about the waterproof aspect of these. It was almost summer, and I thought it would be so cool to have a waterproof eyeliner that really worked for wearing at the beach or around the pool (not to swim in) or otherwise hot and sweaty conditions and I started using them again lately because of the rain. I picked out two colors: blackest night and smoky grey.

First of all, the pigmentation on these is crazy! Blackest night has to be THE darkest black I have ever used! More opaque then UD Zero! REALLY! Itís almost too dark. I prefer the grey one. I wished I had picked up the brown or navy because I was planning on wearing these in minimal make up days, and they look a little harsh on my light complexion.

These glide on smooth and are easy to apply. They are not as slick or creamy as some others I have used, but it doesnít tug or pull either. My one gripe is that because of the thickness of the texture, is can matt down my eyelashes. Itís really weird. I have never had that happen before! At first it really put me off on them, but I discovered that if I just comb thought with a clean spoolie or lash comb they are fine Ė but that might be a problem if in a hurry because it adds an extra step. It also applies quite thick, so if you like a thin line, it will take a little extra effort.

I like the packing. I prefer self-advancing pencils like. Itís qood quality packing is well. The cap really snaps on, protecting it from drying out. I used to love the Revlon colorstay pencils, but the caps/packing sucks and so they dry out. I got sick of throwing so many out, so I havenít bought any in a while. I do not have that problem with these so far.

In terms of wear Ė when it is first applied, it is smudgy, which is good if you want to soften the look. After a few minuets it sets and then it doesnít budge at all. I got curious and did a test on my hand with both colors. I did some dishes, rinsed a whole bag of spinach, made dinner (which means I washed my hands a BUNCH of times) and IT STILL THERE. Even after drying it on a hand towel. I it a little lighter, but not by much considering what I just put it through. That really sold me!

I use it on my top lash line Ė I think itís too dark and thick to use on the lower, but thatís just my taste. I imagine it would be fine on the lower lash line, but hard to apply to the waterline because of the wetness of the waterline vs. waterproof formula. I only did it once, so I cant really comment on that.

Yes, I would buy again. Itís no HG, or my favorite eyeliner, but this long-wear truly waterproof formula is my go-to for extreme conditions.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a generally good eyeliner, but nothing amazing. I put this on my waterline and it stays put for a few hours but by the end of the day it does smudge. I give it a 4 for easy application and self sharpening, but 1 lippie off for the smudge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in black, and while avon has some of the best glosses and lipsticks at any price, the eyeliner was far from waterproof! I usually do not have any problem with eyeliners that claim to be waterproof traveling, but this one......travels far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Glimmersticks in Chocolate brown. It has excellent staying power, lasts for hours. You can smudge it if you do so immediatley post application. The price is reasonable. And it doesn't need to be sharpened.
I'd give it 5 lippies, but it does tug some on application. It doesn't scratch like liners do that you have to sharpen, but it does tug some. Of course, if it didn't, it probably wouldn't be waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by yclyncrz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of Avon products but I absolutely love this eyeliner! Lasts long, extremely waterproof (I went swimming with it on and no smudges!), and it's pretty cheap. The only bad part about it is that it's really hard to remove.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I like about these is that they are cheap. I have this in Smoky Grey. This tugs against my eyelid so it takes a bit of work to create the nice solid lines I want. The waterproof portion means nothing on me, particularly on the lower lid. I thought there would be more staying power but the line on my lower lid disintegrates a couple of hours later.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I like these but at the same time i dont. It dose last long. but the color isnt that pigmented i have the midnight blue one. and its hard not smooth. not easy to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by mrsrivera4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was reading through the reviews on this product and was rather surprised by the amount of negative experiences that others have had with this.
I swear by this eyeliner. I absolutely love it. I get a very long wear with this product, the product does not tug at my eye, and it's very reasonably priced. I actually buy these a few at a time, so that I don't have to be without them. I have the black color, the blue color, and the copper color and have had the same fantastic results with all three.