April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for waterproof Eye Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by furmin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product will do in a pinch, but once you use something better it is hard to go back. I used this product throughout my high school years and for most of my college years. It was cheap, and I really didn't have the money to experiment with higher end stuff. I thought it worked well until I randomly bought a bottle of the Mary Kay eye makeup remover. I tried to go back to this but I couldn't. This is so oily, and it takes a lot of scrubbing to remove waterproof and non-waterproof makeup. My skin remains oily after using this, even though I wash my face after I use it. I have very normal skin, so I thankfully never had an increase in acne. I went back to the Mary Kay, which works wonderfully and leaves my skin feeling slightly damp instead of oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kumquat24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SUPER OILY !!!! Nuff said.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
**Takes off your eye makeup if you are willing to use a lot of product and rub.

CONS
**Not much product for the money
**Had to use a ton to get any off
**Does not work well for waterproof as advertised. I had to rub my eyes a lot even after holding the cotton ball to each eye for 30 seconds.
**Bad product and not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by bergsyfern

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh. I hate this remover. Blurred my vision and I have to use a LOT of it to remove anything, even non-waterproof stuff. Save your money, folks.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jovhyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used. I only bought it because the store was out of my usual Almay remover so i thought I'd try this. It does not remove my mascara at all. I have to use several cotton balls and a ton of the remover and no matter how many times i scrub my eye, it still has mascara on. It also irritated my eyes and made my vision soooo blurry for a lot longer than other removers. Just horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by glorylynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works great for me. Let it sit for a few seconds then everything will come off with some tissue.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by darkhoney

Greasy, like lube...got in my eyes and made my vision cloudy.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by LJorg

Hate it. Its all oily and greasy and sticky and ewww. Just gross!

It never got my makeup off without a lot of product and a lot of work--plus it burned my eyes and irritated my skin every single time!

Stay away!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by yoniyum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff once many years ago and hated it. I bought it again today because I was desperate and it was the only thing I could find at my grocery store. I remember now why I avoided it for so long. I think they basically just package baby oil in this container and call it eye makeup remover. I still have about half of my waterproof mascara left on, but I didn't want to keep rubbing my eyes. My left eye is super blurry. Both eyes feel extremely oily and gross. Ugh. Not worth whatever I paid for it, even if it was only $3 or something.

I *do* like the regular formula though, i.e., not waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked that this eye makeup remover was moisturizing, but it's lacking a lot. It took far too much work to take off all of my makeup, although if I used a couple cotton balls and swiped it several times I successfully got it all off. I also liked that the oiliness of the product kept it from tugging too much at my eyelashes. However it left the area around my eyes completely oily. That's okay at night I suppose, but if I needed to use it in the morning to take off any leftover eye makeup, I had to wipe down my eyes with really warm water just to take the oil off so I could put on makeup and not look completely shiny. Overall I'd say it's a tolerable product, but there are other inexpensive eye makeup removers that are better.