December 18, 2014 | 1035 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Bottle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after using Purity and Hope in a Jar off and on for years and years. I have found that 99% of moisturisers make my combination / oily skin, oily. the 1% that don't, strip the hell out of my skin and I end up flakey.
So, that being said, I tried Hope in a Bottle. I have found that yes, it too makes me oily, but not for HOURS. Yes. No longer do I come out of the shower and moisturise by 7am to find that at 10am I was an oil slick. I can get to 7pm. On a stinking hot day, maybe 4pm - 5pm. That is saying something in my book. I haven't broken out and I think the texture of my skin has improved noticeably.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Now this Hope I actually like. I use it on those days when my hormones are crazy and my face is a mess (around THAT time of the month). It works nice under makeup and I feel it actually helps to keep the shine away from my t zone, specially my nose. It contains salicylic acid which helps to get rid of acne, but at the same time makes it a bit overdrying if used constantly. For that reason I don't think this product should be used on a daily basis, so it gets minus one lippie. It is really expensive, but you can always get it on ebay =)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Msjuneday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good product, but needs to be worked into the skin. It seems to just set on the skin without doing much of anything. I've seen great improvements in my skin with the color evening out and have such a lovely natural glow. I switch this product in and out with other skin car routines because it seems like my skin adjusts and revolts to anything I use to long. I like the smell, it's herbally and relaxing :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I seem to be one of the few who like this product.
I've been using it for a year and like it a lot.
The smell is lovely, sort of herby and slightly medicinal.
The texture, feels thick when it's on your hands, but once it make contact with your face it's extremely light and absorbs instantly. If you're finding it doesn't absorb into the skin you're applying way too much! You only need a tiny amount. It can be difficult to spread as it dries quickly so you need to act fast and apply to one area at a time.
I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin, but I haven't had any breakouts of any kind while using this, and no allergic reactions.
It doesn't really help my acne, but not even prescription medication has, so I wasn't even hoping that it would, but I do have less breakouts than I did before I started using it. Less blackheads and less of those small bumps (the ones that aren't red or anything, just clogged pores).
This doesn't mattify the skin, but it doesn't make me look like an oil slick.
My only real cons are that the bottle is difficult to get product out of once you're less than half full, and it's very expensive.
I'll use this bottle up and if nothing else catches my eye I will repurchase.
Not HG, but certaintly very good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this online and purposefully went into Sephora to try it out. I put it on my hand and was surprised that even after walking around for 15 minutes, it had not sunk in. It felt like it was sitting atop my skin. I can image that if I applied it to my face that this would need a lot of extra time to sink in before primer which is not convenient. The smell is a little gross, although not as gross as Hope in a Jar. It smells a little odd and medicinal, it reminds me a lot of the Microdelivery Wash. I do not think this is worth the price between the smell and it not truly sinking in.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by honeyandsweets

Well, I can definitely say that I'm one of the people that this product works for. I have combination skin- but not too oily or dry in any area, and I tend to get mild to moderate acne breakouts about once a month or so. Anyway, I love the fact that this moisturizer has salicylic acid in it- really helps dry out pimples faster than using benzoyl peroxide ointment for a week-and-a-half. I also like the tingly, almost burning feeling on my face (some people with sensitive skin might have issues with this, but I don't). Some other people on here have complained about the smell, but I think it's nice; kind of a "chemically" clean smell. Anyway, I consider this an HG item and possibly one of the best things I've done for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth77

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!i broke out in zits and these weird seed type deals after using this TWICE.h to the ell no will i ever use this again.i have had to use my DDF sulfur mask every day to rehab my face back to normal.brutal!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jcoyote30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer worked slightly better on my very oily skin. However, after a few days I broke out like crazy and I noticed my skin was red all the time. If you have sensitive skin I would not recommend this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried this for 1 month. I really liked the way it made my skin feel, but I started seeing a new pimple every other day or so. Plus, more blackheads on my chin. I couldn't imagine that this would turn out well, so I stopped using it and went back to my Clinique Gel. Maybe I'll add a 2% s.a before the gel.
Edit: I am now a week out from stopping this and I am hating the DEEP cystic acne I ended up having. I have them pretty much all over my face and look like hell. The healing process is awful.
Edit2: One month out, still healing. This gave me DEEP clogged pores. Not happy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I liked Hope in a bottle alot better than Hope in a jar. I purchased both from Meccacosmetica for $75 AUD each. I used Hope in a jar as my night cream because it was thicker and used Hope in a bottle as my day time moisturiser. I had terrible breakouts because of this range... the smell is also terrible. The philosophy skincare range is not the cult skincare product I had expected it to be.

Perhaps if I had used it in Winter it might have worked better, oh well.. another one of my tried-but-failed skincare product range I won't be going back to.