April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo was recommended to me, when I was repurchasing my R&B balm at the Lush store. As this balm is a favourite of mine, it makes my dry curly hair look and feel very nice, I just bought Trichomania expecting it to do the same. It should be good for dry and frizzy hair and make it soft and moisturized.
So, expecting something amazing to happen, I took the shampoo bar into the shower. It absolutely didnít work for me. It was almost impossible for me to spread it into my long curly hair. It didnít foam at all. It was just sticking and with every move my hair got more and more tangled. When I thought my hair wash was done after 15min of doing what I could, I rinsed it of which was also difficult as it contains bits of coconut, that were just sticking inside of my curls. When the hair air dried (I always let it air dry, itís the best solution to keep my curls in place) it just looked and felt terrible like never before. It was half oily at the sculp and the ends were still tangled. I didnít use it again. My mother tried it too (also curly hair but only shoulders long) and she was facing the same problems.
The only positive aspect was the nice smell, but it is not enough unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mountainwave

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this bar as a travel shampoo, as I don't like carrying the weight of liquids in my one bag for three weeks or more style.
I use what is left at home, but don't buy it for home use. I use shampoos without sls at home.

I'm also very protective of my 42 inches of hair.
Specs on hair:
Dry ends, inclined to dry length, scalp likes to keep the sebum. No color/perm/straighteners. No heat use. Oiled daily on ends, every couple days on length.
Fairly straight.

Pros:
Scent does not seem to linger
Easy to transport
No plastic packaging
Cut from chunk/not preformed disc/ buy what you need
Not overly drying

Cons:
Graininess as other reviewers have described
Melts easily if left in shower spray, even momentarily (which is why the scraps in a bottle trick works, so also a pro)
Have to go to Lush shop
Pricey, but ability to buy smaller pieces can offset for travel use

Neat things to know:
I didn't buy a lush tin because I had a different one. Trico melts in a microwave and can be formed into patties to fit whatever you have. Tins from mints? Yep. Lip balm sticks? You betcha.
It is strong, so you can wash just your scalp.
Rich conditioners, with or without cones, help. Even bar forms!
Works as body bar in a pinch (seven days straight for me)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my, oh my. I am totally in love.

I bought a bar of this and the "Jungle" bar conditioner on my last trip to Lush. Wanted to try something new.

I may have stumbled on a Holy Grail. Say it ain't so ....

My hair hasn't looked this good in years. I've been using a slew of products, but nothing has come close to this combination, the Trichomania shampoo and the Jungle conditioner.

Yes, there is a learning curve to using these shampoo/conditioner bar items, but the results are so worth it. I wake up, and my hair looks AMAZING in the morning.

That hasn't happened in years.

I love the Lush philosophy, I love a simpler approach to beauty, and this combo with the tiniest of bit of R & B for leave in has completely changed my hair, no exaggeration.

Love, love, love, love, love .....

did I say I love this product?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to try a shampoo bar for the longest time, and was so excited to get a Lush gift card for my birthday. I picked Trichomania up because I read that it was for dry scalp and dry hair. I love the smell of the dry bar...it's subtle, but rich and smells of coconut milk. I cut a medium piece of the bar and applied it to my wet hair. I'd recommend cutting enough to hold in your hand so you can lather well. My hair felt a little stripped after washing, but after drying, it was smooth. My scalp didn't feel any more moist than it did before, but I hope it'll help in the long run. The smell isn't as great on dried hair; there's a faint coconut water smell, definitely not as rich or milky smelling as the dry bar.
Although it's a nice product, I may start using this for my body/shaving because I find that my hair gets stuck in the bar and gets pulled out easily. I lost a lot less hair with a regular liquid shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Younggrasshopa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love how this lathers and last quite a while. it's also qute a bit cheaper than the other shampoo bars. the smell is also great (coconuty). however, i actually find that this leaves my hair looking really fluffy, which defeats the purpose of this being a bar for people with frizzy hair. i find that godiva is better for this purpose. like the other shampoo bars, it falls apart easily and is inconvenient to store. I wouldn't purchase this again, but i would purchase other shampoo bars that Lush offers.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by mjc174

It takes a few washes to notice a difference, however, I don't find this to be as moisturizing as it says it is. I also found that it doesn't lather very well. It smells delicious I must say. However, if I had to choose between Curly Wurly and this, I would pick Curly Wurly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by tadpole02

I have used this, along with other Lush products for a few months now. I like it, also. I have thin, curly hair that tends to frizz a lot and it works well with my hair. My son has thick, curly hair and it works with his, too. I do use conditioner after shampooing with this, like I do with all shampoos. I like the convenience of the Lush bar shampoos and the fact that they bubble and soap up like nobody's business. I may repurchase this after trying the other shampoos in their line, but for now I am in love with the Bliss bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by gwoopenberrycrunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i just tried this tonight...i like it....i dont really smell coconut on my hair however *boo*...i dont use styling products on my hair just a small amount of leave in for me and blow dry...my hair is shiny and smooth...i have naturally thick coarse hair and i like how it made it soft and full....i love shampoo bars from lush to begin and this one to me is a keeper

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ameaks

I received this as a sample and when I read the comments on here about peoples hair falling out or stripping the dye, I was thinking of just putting it up for swap. However, since I'm trying to get my hair back to it's natural color I didn't care if it would strip it. So I tried it....and I loved it. It doesn't lather well but it made my hair feel SO clean and SO shiny! Definitely a cleaner feeling than everything I've been using (Biolage, EverPure, etc.) and I'm just amazed at how shiny and beautiful it looks. I came out of the shower and my hair was noticeably less frizzy. Normally I use PM's Super Skinny serum for a sleek frizzfree look but I didn't need it with this shampoo.

If I want to continue to try to get my natural hair color back, I will use this in hopes of it fading my hair color. I if I decide to dye it though, I would not use this shampoo as I am scared of it stripping the dye.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i wanted to love this product, i really did... and im a total lush freak and it totally broke my heart but everything cant be perfect!! Tricho smells of divine coconut and does give an amazing amount of lather (i dont care about lather to be honest) but thats where the positive stops. My hair is waist length, thick, brunette and curly and this destroyed my hair in seconds... my hair was left hidiously dry and brittle to the point it was just falling out like crazy!! i never malt like that!! i couldn't believe it. I took it back to lush and refunded for ultimate shine and havnt looked back. the girls were absolutely fantastic about the whole issue and dealt with it fantastically. a shame about the product though :(