September 1, 2014 | 1085 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I had been having problems with my nails peeling for a while and there seemed to be nothing I could do to remedy it. I stopped painting my nails, tried taking vitamin supplements, etc. Nothing seemed to work. I happened to come across this hand cream one day while browsing the shop and decided to give it a try. I have been using it now for a little over and month and my nails have NOT peeled since! HALLELUJAH! I never would have thought that a simple hand cream would be the answer to one of my longest on going problems. This also does a fantastic job at moisturizing my frequently washed hands (I am a germaphobe) without leaving my skin feeling greasy or heavy. At first, I was afraid that the almond scent would have been a little off putting, but it smells light and fresh. This is a miracle/holy grail product for me.

The only thing I do not like about this hand cream is the packaging. I wish it wasn't in the tin tube because I can't carry it in my purse without it getting smashed out of shape and causing a lot of the product to gush out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by shoelady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually a hand creme person, but I really like this product! I use gloves a lot at work, so it was important for me to get something that sinks in fast and doesn't leave any residue. This product does just that! There is a subtle almond smell that is slightly synthetic but I don't mind it, and I like the texture - light but not watery or greasy. My hands feel moisturized for most of the day after use. The packaging makes it really convenient to dispense product and to carry it around in a med-large purse. I got it during a half-off promotion at $10 for 100 mL. Not sure if I would purchase it for full price, but as I mentioned before, I'm not a big moisturizer junkie to begin with.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

I like the scent and texture of this hand cream. I'm a big almond fan, and the smell of this product is neither too synthetic nor too strong. It is more a lotion concistency than a cream, which makes it easy to distribute and quick to soak into my skin and leaves it soft and silky.

This is a product for "all skin types" in contrast to TBS' other hand cream for dry skin. I expected this cream to be moisturizing, but not a life saver for super dry hands. As my hands are not really dry at this time of year, I find that this cream moisturizes them sufficciently. I would believe, however, that this might not be moisturizing enough for very dry handd. I am also unsure that this is a super cream for cuticles, after some days using this cream, my cuticles are not as dry as they used to be, but they could be better.

When I apply this cream to my hands, my skin get a faint tingly feeling. I'm suspecting that I'm having some kind of allergic reaction to it, but I have yet to develop redness or itchyness.

The worst thing about this hand cream is the packaging. The large metallic tube is highly impractical if you want to carry it around with you. And the cap is plainly idiotic - it's really hard to get on right, and you might end up with cream all over your purse!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by RecycledTeenager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sorry, but I cannot agree with the reviews about this scent of this product. I do think it's a very good hand cream but I really hate the sickly smell. If I could find the same thing with a different perfume that would be great. I received it as a Christmas present in a tin with nail clippers and emery boards. I put it on before I go to sleep so it has all night to soak in. The only reason I would not buy this product again is because of the smell.

I actually registered with the Body Shop website a couple of weeks ago in order to put a review on there about this product, but when I checked today it was not on there!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The scent of this is lovely. Although it's almond, it doesn't smell sweet or artificial.
I do like what it does to my hands, but it's not a WOW kind of effect. Moisturizes well and absorbs quickly. Also it doesn't have that awful thick consistency.
I have been using this for about a month now and it's nice to have in my handbag, but for the price I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by jeunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I am a huge fan of the scent, lasting-power, and quality of this hand cream, I am compelled to give it a mediocre 3 rating because of the horrible packaging.
I don't know whose genius idea it was to switch from plastic to aluminum (or whatever foil they are using for packaging) but the bottom line is it sucks. It is not durable at all. It gets easily pressed against whatever else I carry in my purse/backpack, and results in the spewing of product every time I open it.
This is my third time purchasing this product, and while I don't mind paying $20 for a product that will help my dry hands (especially in the winter), I don't like how they're presumably trying to save on packaging costs by compromising packaging quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by locadiva

My HG hand cream! Love the smell, love the moisturizing properties, love the packaging (I have the pump dispenser at my night stand and the tube in my purse)! I've always had trouble with my dry hands, so I have tried lots and lots of hand creams. This is my absolute favorite! This sinks in really nicely and leave my hands supple and silky. Even my bengal cat likes the smell of this hand cream, and she normally hates perfumed stuff. Sometimes she even licks the cream off my hands :P

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG daily hand cream! Iīve got super dry, chapped hands and I discovered this cream about two years ago. I love it! The smell is weet but subtle, the cream is not thick and it sinks in in seconds. It actually moisturizes and heal hands, and you can feel the softness even after washing your hands. Itīs a light hand cream that works. I use it during the day because I can reapply without having to wait for it to absorb. At night I use a thicker and richer hand cream (the hemp one). The package is decent, not to pretty but acceptable. The cream is kind of pricey but a litlle goes a long way and itīs totally worth it. Also it actually helps srtenghten nails. Mine were brittle and thin and now they are shiny and a little bit stronger. Iīve repurchased and plan to do it again. Totally recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by stl

I love buying makeup and skincare but since my face products don't run out that fast, I turn to buying hand cream instead. Picked this up today at the Body Shop. I think in term of pricing, this one is still pricier than your average handcream, but compared to other BodyShop one it is slightly cheaper. Smells nice, but it smells more of vanilla to me. It's not too thick, so your hands won't be greasy. Overall, this is a nice product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by staceyxs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall I think this is a good hand moisturizer until I wash my hands.. then I keep having to reapply. When you first apply it it's slightly greasy but sinks in pretty fast, has a pretty mild but sweet smell, not over powering at all. It's ~ $10 for 100mL, not too bad, just a little on the pricey side. The packaging is good because it's small enough to fit in any bag or purse and it's in tube form so it's hygienic in that you don't have to put your fingers in. I really need something that is almost water proof or something, and something thats a little heavier because winter is on it's way! I think next time I will purchase the hemp hand cream.