October 24, 2014 | 921 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Honey I Washed the Kids soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked this product but I didn't 'love' it. So the scent is quite lovely(smells of honey and sweetness). When I was in the shower and I was applying this soap to my body, it felt real nice and it glided across easily, but when I finished in the shower and I came out to dry myself, I realised that my skin felt a bit tight. After I was completely dry it started to feel okay again but then I came to notice that I was starting to feel veryitchy! (I have sensitive skin).i realised my eczema started to come back.So I've come to conclude that this product smells nice & feels okay on the skin but it made my eczema flare up!! If you have eczema or sensitive skin, this soap isn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for my baby and for me. I don't have any problems with this being drying, it is very moisturizing for us but then I don't have extremely dry skin. In fact, I usually use Lush's King of Skin moisturizing bar after I shower and I barely needed it. The smell doesn't linger to long unfortunately. It reminds me a bit of Silky Underwear so I use them together. I am very careful with the usage so I get a lot from this bar. I store it in a ziplock with a paper towel in there and take it out to use a few swipes in the shower and then put back on the paper towel out of the shower to dry. A few swipes is all I need to use as it spreads easily. I won't say lather because it doesn't really do that as many Lush soaps are this way, but it works to clean and moisturize. I love it for everyday use. It's pricey but I use it carefully and don't let it melt.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, this soap smells amazing. Creamy honey, yet crisp. I bought a slice that was already packaged when I bought it, and when I unwrapped it at home it was missing pretty much all of the honeycomb bit on top, which was not cool. You don't really need it, but it was kind of shady dealings to hide the defective chunk in paper. ANYWHO, the soap itself is pretty nice, The lather was fine, I just used a shower scrubbie towel anyway. It did a weird thing where my skin felt tight in the shower, but once I dried off my skin felt pretty soft. Either way it doesn't seem to last all that long, and paying that much for soap just isn't practical. Especially when the scent doesn't even stay on my skin. So I think I'll just save the tiny chunk I have left to perfume my sweater drawer while I try some other soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I like this one, it is one of lushs more moisturising soap the honeycomb thing on the side is a bit weird, but hey it's a great soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVOURITE favourite favourite Lush soap!!! I didn't expect to like it that much, as I don't usually like honey smells. But I've come to LOVE this soap more than any of their others. I only use it as a complexion bar anyways, for face washing. I had a fairly small piece (their minimum sized bar) and I got it over a year ago and it is still almost as big as it was when I got it, except the honeycomb on top has fallen off. It is very creamy and lathers a lot. I keep it in a plastic box in the bathroom, not inside the shower, so it's always dry. I didn't have any issues with it drying me out, I always use an oil to moisturize as soon as I get out of the shower anyways. It didn't give me breakouts or acne, but I am so lucky, nothing does anyways! Do I think it's expensive for something I only use on my face? Maybe, it certainly costs more than Dove (which I also use), but it's mostly natural, and since I only use soap to wash my face, not cleansers, it's more natural than even most soaps, has no beef tallow or other animal stuff in it (other than honey maybe) and is DEF better than using chemical-laden cleansers. And the price certainly works out, since I got it over a year ago and it has hardly gotten any smaller. Unlike chemical cleansers, this stuff won't go bad either, so if it lasts me several years (which it looks like it will), I would certainly have gotten my money's worth and a lot more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This stuff smells GREAT while I am washing off with it. The only problem is there is no staying power whatsoever and after I dry off after my shower I can't smell it at all. It has a nice creamy lather but really dries me out after.

This stuff doesn't last long at all either. I am not really a big fan of the Lush soaps and personally prefer dove above all other soaps. This soap only lasted 2 weeks at most it was ridiculous how fast it melted.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this so much! Smells gorgeous, very creamy and moisturising. Not too sure about the honeycomb thing on the side of it though, mine was a bit scratchy, plastic like.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Nandana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap soooo much. It smells great. This is not exactly a heavy moisturising soap but its good enough. It cleans the skin pretty well. So I use it during autumn. I take a small slice of this one and the rock star and keep it in my drawer of camisoles and vests. I love how great they smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by kendraemiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved how this soap smells, but I didn't feel very clean after washing with it. I've used cheaper soaps and do the job better. Not to mention that it's difficult for someone in my situation to store. I live in a dorm and I have to use a communal bathroom. I have to use a plastic tub to carry it around in my shower caddy. I probably will not purchase again, too bad, the soap really does smell lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by StaceySmith945

This is my everyday soap, what I use when I'm not exfoliating.
Smells nice, not too strong. Very creamy, but not the best lather.
What a lot of people don't realize I think is that the honeycomb on top is actually soap as well! Don't believe me? Cut it off, wet your hands and rub it together! See?