July 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Pressed Powders - Stila - Pressed Powder Compact

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2003 8:56:00 AM More reviews by julieyeo

I use this to set my liquid foundation. It's got a nice consistency and is quite blendable. I have it in Light, which is close enough to my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

I recently switched to this from the Stila IPF( iwanted a lighter powder for daytime touchups). I love it for touch ups in the day time. It takes away the shine(I have oily skin), covers just slightly, but not too matte like I just put on powder look. I love the Dark color as it matches perfectly with my skin tone, and it doesn't turn orange like other powders to. It is a little expensive, but worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2003 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Jacinta

OOooO! I bought this because I was running out and I didn't expect to find
such a cute compact powder for myself! It was a little on the expensive side,
but it's great because I like the idea that I only need to purchase the refills
and not the whole compact again (would really be difficult to part with the
beautiful container)! It's cost-effective in the long run. Also, the color was
nice and matte, which I love! So overall, it is a wonderfully great buy in my
opinion!

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2003 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Catola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, the packaging is cute, but way too expensive. The first time I bought it, i forked over about $40, and a refill costs $20. Not to mention, the powder itself wasnt that great, it was too heavy, not for everyday use, maybe for a night out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by JadeRocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too cakey....not too good if you just want to just touch-up!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2003 6:02:00 PM More reviews by nars37

The only its got going for it is the cute silver compact.. the powder itself is so cheap feeling.. youd get the same effect with drugstore powders, don't recommend this one... just the packaging :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 3:55:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

The packaging is adorable, but the powder is lovely as well. It's great for keeping shine at bay, and gives a natural look too. I prefer Becca for my loose powder, but this is one compact I love whipping out for re-touching.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this in Dark for the summer when I was extra tan. I probably went through a few pans of the powder. The drawback is that you have to but the compact and then buy the powder to fit into it. That can be pretty expensive. The compact is cute but the powder isn't too great. It tends to get cakey on my face and it doesn't stop me from getting oily or shiny. I ended up going back to my MAC Blot Powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Adele

After finally taking the plunge with this one, I'm totally happy! I finally have a pressed powder that doesn't make me look chalky or washed out. Very natural coverage, and mattes out all shine. I think it's actually economical to purchase the compact separately, and just purchase refills. Not to mention a little more environmentally friendly! Great product, a little pricey, but totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 6:09:00 PM More reviews by chopsticktoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stila face powders (loose or compact) are some of the best face powder I've ever tried. It is incredibly soft silky smooth, very sheer and blendable, the shade are all very natural.

Packaging is another story. It is nice, but it's expensive, considering you have to buy the compact EMPTY and the refill separately. Wish it could have been cheaper...