April 17, 2014 | 1593 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Refined Golden

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I LOVE this bronzer! This is my HG bronzer, because it darkens my skin and gives me the I-just-got-back-from-holiday look. People ask me if I went tanning with this bronzer! It's a true golden brown color with little to no orange undertones. There is shimmer in the pan, but I find it doesn't transfer to the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not too passionate about this product. My mom and I picked it up at the Duty Free shop before we boarded a flight, and we were really only there to kill time and to reap the benefits of no tax purchases. My mom wanted to restock on her MAC concealers and I wanted to buy a warm bronzer for our vacation, so I picked up Refined Golden. The bronzer does a good job at providing a sun-kissed glow, and it's the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion. It has a nice sheen and minimal traces of glitter specks. However, I don't find it anything special. Staying power is okay. It's certainly dupeable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hated it! goes on ridiculously sheer and sickly orangey. The packaging is the classic Mac packaging that I dont necessarily enjoy. The texture is quite dry and applies unevenly and full of shimmers and I hate glittery bronzers they look like dirt on me. this products is called REFINED GOLDEN well I dont know where this golden color is but definitely is not in this compact this is pure orange and not the good orange the bad self tanner kind of orange. Im not surprised by this failure though all MAC bronzers are pretty much rubbish .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my all-time favourite bronzer (and I've tried many!). Unlike many others, this bronzer does not make me look orange at all. It's got a soft pearly shimmer, but that barely shows up on my skin (which I really like - I don't particularly like shimmery cheeks on myself). It reflects light beautifully, and adds dimension to my face, especially because I prefer matte foundations. I dust it lightly across my cheeks, across my nose, chin and forehead (where the sun would naturally hit), and sometimes add a bit extra under my cheekbones to add some extra dimension. Sounds like a lot, but this is a very sheer application that is buildable. I haven't had any problems with the packaging and I've travelled extensively with mine. Naturally, the middle is the first to go and the outsides can crumble after time - though I've had one hold up until the bitter end! Currently, I'm an NW20 shade, but I am usually darker and this bronzer seems to suit me no matter how tanned or pale I am. I've also given this as a gift to a very fair friend, and she looked stunning with it on - not orange-y, either! My makeup kit would be incomplete without this bronzer - I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice bronzer nc44 for ref.. Dosent make me look orange. It gives my face a warmness glowy look. Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

I got this bronzer for my birthday about 3.5 years ago and I'm still not done with it. The packaging is very durable. It hasn't cracked and none of the product has ever fallen out and crumbled when I've dropped the compact. I use this bronzer almost every day but I use very little product. I think it's a great bronzer and it has a nice color without being too shimmery, too orange or too "fake" looking. I can wear this bronzer when I'm fair in the winter and when I'm tanner in the summer. It's very versatile.It doesn't look muddy on my skin and it gives me a nice glow. If I ever finish it, I will repurchase. I have tried a lot of bronzers and I really like this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Gubynaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG Bronzer, right here! I have been using this product for years and years. Looks great on all light-medium skin tones; it is just the most flattering color bronzer there is. The glitter doesn't show up too well on the skin, but that is fine with me, I add a little extra highlighter anyway. I deducted points for packaging, because these always break on me. I use it until the center is worn away and then it crumbles and breaks. Dang it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried MANY bronzers. I have been every shade from NC20 (now) to NC40. This is the only bronzer that I can use no matter what. It is not matte, but I don't really notice the shimmer too much once it is on my skin. It does not look like glitter. When I was darker I just used more than I do now, it is very build-able. I have a golden undertone and this bronzer is perfect. If you do use a heavy hand you can look beat up haha, just make sure you build it to the shade you want and do not swirl your brush all over the powder. We have all done it, so pay attention! I just tap it, tap off the excess, and apply. My only gripe with this bronzer is that if it drops, it is done for. I have broken quite a few and it sucks. I have had two just break in my bag (one in my purse - which got everywhere because the case isn't completely air tight so the loose powder pieces came out, and once on my way home from the MAC store it was already broken on my way home). This is really not one to keep in your purse. I have packed it in luggage and been fine, just not clinking around in your bag. All in all this is a great bronzer! I've been using it for 8 years! Tried MANY others but keep coming back!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jeannamv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always end up coming back to this bronzer no matter what else I try. It's the perfect shade for my skin, summer or winter surprisingly. Lasts and highlights without making me look like a character out of Jersey Shore...not orange-y either, which goes without saying considering the example!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I just got this bronzer after I finished my too faced chocolate bronzer , this color was recommended to me to match the too faced . I like the color it does have some shimmer to it but it doesn't show up allot which I like since the too faced it matte ! I will repurchase since I love Mac but honestly I could live w/o