MAC Refined Golden

4.1

on 9/24/2011 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wonderful. Beautiful. Love it. The makeup artist at the counter recommended this to me for my (tanned) skin tone. A little goes a long way and it's easy to build up. I use it to contour my cheekbones but if I'm lazy, I just sweep it across my cheeks. Gives a nice natural looking glow every time. It's a bit pricey (around $30CAD) but worth it.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is my favorite bronzer, ever! I bought it back last summer with the To The Beach collection, so the packaging is uber cute, but I believe it is also part of the permaniant line. The flecks of gold glimmer make me feel girly, but don't leave an overbearing trace on your face. This bronzer isn't muddy, and not too dark. I use it for contouring my cheekbones, and it always looks natural!

on 8/4/2011 3:02:00 PM

I needed a new bronzer and i went to mac and bought Refined Golden. You may think that it's really shimmery, but once you put you can barely see it. It gives a nice glow. Overall its a great bronzer. I would repurchase!

on 7/27/2011 4:22:00 PM

I LOVE this bronzer! This is my HG bronzer, because it darkens my skin and gives me the I-just-got-back-from-holiday look. People ask me if I went tanning with this bronzer! It's a true golden brown color with little to no orange undertones. There is shimmer in the pan, but I find it doesn't transfer to the face.

on 7/18/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not too passionate about this product. My mom and I picked it up at the Duty Free shop before we boarded a flight, and we were really only there to kill time and to reap the benefits of no tax purchases. My mom wanted to restock on her MAC concealers and I wanted to buy a warm bronzer for our vacation, so I picked up Refined Golden. The bronzer does a good job at providing a sun-kissed glow, and it's the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion. It has a nice sheen and minimal traces of glitter specks. However, I don't find it anything special. Staying power is okay. It's certainly dupeable.

on 5/3/2011 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hated it! goes on ridiculously sheer and sickly orangey. The packaging is the classic Mac packaging that I dont necessarily enjoy. The texture is quite dry and applies unevenly and full of shimmers and I hate glittery bronzers they look like dirt on me. this products is called REFINED GOLDEN well I dont know where this golden color is but definitely is not in this compact this is pure orange and not the good orange the bad self tanner kind of orange. Im not surprised by this failure though all MAC bronzers are pretty much rubbish .

on 5/3/2011 12:48:00 AM

This is my all-time favourite bronzer (and I've tried many!). Unlike many others, this bronzer does not make me look orange at all. It's got a soft pearly shimmer, but that barely shows up on my skin (which I really like - I don't particularly like shimmery cheeks on myself). It reflects light beautifully, and adds dimension to my face, especially because I prefer matte foundations. I dust it lightly across my cheeks, across my nose, chin and forehead (where the sun would naturally hit), and sometimes add a bit extra under my cheekbones to add some extra dimension. Sounds like a lot, but this is a very sheer application that is buildable. I haven't had any problems with the packaging and I've travelled extensively with mine. Naturally, the middle is the first to go and the outsides can crumble after time - though I've had one hold up until the bitter end! Currently, I'm an NW20 shade, but I am usually darker and this bronzer seems to suit me no matter how tanned or pale I am. I've also given this as a gift to a very fair friend, and she looked stunning with it on - not orange-y, either! My makeup kit would be incomplete without this bronzer - I love it.

on 3/30/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very nice bronzer nc44 for ref.. Dosent make me look orange. It gives my face a warmness glowy look. Very nice.

on 3/26/2011 5:59:00 PM

I got this bronzer for my birthday about 3.5 years ago and I'm still not done with it. The packaging is very durable. It hasn't cracked and none of the product has ever fallen out and crumbled when I've dropped the compact. I use this bronzer almost every day but I use very little product. I think it's a great bronzer and it has a nice color without being too shimmery, too orange or too "fake" looking. I can wear this bronzer when I'm fair in the winter and when I'm tanner in the summer. It's very versatile.It doesn't look muddy on my skin and it gives me a nice glow. If I ever finish it, I will repurchase. I have tried a lot of bronzers and I really like this one!

on 3/3/2011 2:40:00 PM

HG Bronzer, right here! I have been using this product for years and years. Looks great on all light-medium skin tones; it is just the most flattering color bronzer there is. The glitter doesn't show up too well on the skin, but that is fine with me, I add a little extra highlighter anyway. I deducted points for packaging, because these always break on me. I use it until the center is worn away and then it crumbles and breaks. Dang it!

Popular Bronzers