July 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Chanel - Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is actually an unnecessary luxurious product for me as I always use cleansing oil to remove my makeup, which get rids of all kind of waterproof makeup on my face. I was given a deluxe sample by the Chanel sales lady, so I thought I'd give this a try.

To use, you must give this a good shake to make sure the 2 layers got mixed up into an emulsion. I suppose one layer is oil-based, while the other is water-based. I poured some to a cotton pad and pressed it on my eyelid for less than 10 seconds and my eye shadow, waterproof eyeliner and non-waterproof mascara came off to the cotton pad with a single light swipe. I have not tested with my waterproof mascara though I'dexpect it takes longer time.

My eyes are quite sensitive, which means anything that gets inside will most likely end up with a terrible burning sensation for my eye. It doesn't seem to irritate my eyes - if I pressed to hard on my eyelid and some remover will sip inside, still no uncomfortable feelings. This doesn't dry out my eye area skin as well - my eye area is quite dry to begin with and I don't want anything further drying it out.

While removing my eye makeup, it does not leave my skin greasy, sticky or oily. Since I'm more used to a cleansing oil, I actually used this to clean up my eye makeup - like eyeliner too thick, fallouts... etc. Works wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by 2boymama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eye make up remover and I have tried many! It's not greasy at all, it's gentle on the eyes and a little goes a long way! Even though it's pricey like all other Chanel products, it does last a long time. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by christina75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best eye makeup remover! It lasts a long time because you hardly need to use any. I had a full bottle of a Korres eye makeup remover, got a sample of this, and ended up giving the bottle of Korres away because I fell in love with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MAGICAL! I used to love Lancome but this one just blew me away. I used one tiny drop for my heavily mascarad and smokey eye and it just took it all off in one swipe. Like there was barely anything left. Just a few more dabs with my cotton ball and it was all gone. I could not believe it. It wasn't greasy either, but that doesn't matter much to me since I always waash my face after. I got a few samples of these so hopefully they will last a lil longer, I'm hesitant to spend so much on makeup remover. I don't know if I will buy it, but we'll see :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a very gentle and yet very effective eye make up remover. It doesn't make your eye area greasy like some other bi-phasic eye make up removers do (including Lancome). I just bought mine, so I cannot comment how long it will last. But you need only two drops of product each time (one for each eye). Therefore, the price is not extremely expensive I think. The first time I used it, I poured a large amount of product onto cotton ball and the ball was saoked. A tiny amount got into my eye and hurt really bad. But I think any product would do the same if you drop right into your eye, it's my mistake I guess. I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very interested in the biphase removers – the ones which have two coloured layers you need to shake up. Along with Lancome’s famous Bi-Facil, the Chanel Precision product seems to be a reviewers’ choice. Apparently you don’t need much (I used a third of a sample bottle for each removal, so either I have tenacious makeup or wear too much of it) and it’s spoken of as kind and gentle. However, by the third day of using this, I was experiencing a little irritation around the waterline and some redness on my lids. Unlike some eye makeup removers, this wasn’t greasy, and I do love to use Chanel products for luxuriousness – however I sometimes feel this luxuriousness is imagined rather than real. Clocking in at £20, you are certainly paying for the name rather than the ingredients. The only difference between this and the cheaper biphase products out there is that Chanel have added mineral oil, castor oil, flower water and Rosa Damascena flower oil to the cyclopentasiloxane and mild cleansers. As a regular user of rose flower water, orange flower water, rosehip seed oil, grapeseed oil and extra virgin olive oil, I feel I could embellish a cheaper makeup remover with my own additions at far less cost

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by wanos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does the job definitely. Removes everything, even the sturdiest waterproof mascara, just a few drop is needed and it's so gentle to my skin. The downside is that I think 100 ml lasts not so long, especially if you use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ounce for ounce, this is considered an affordable eye makeup remover based on efficacy also. Cheaper ones are not able to remove as cleanly and I tend to use alot more to cleanse off my liner and mascara.

I used Clarins and Lancome Bifacil but Lancome is becoming smaller 100ml and more expensive than Chanel! It does work well like Chanel but if both are HE brands, I will still go for the better priced option.

This has Rose water and Cornflower water to help to soothe and soften the eye area. It is not as oily as bifacil and just 1 pad lightly soddened will clean out my eye MU very well.

So far I have been using this 2 bottles, each lasted an average of 6 months more or less. Value for money compared the cheaper DS ones barely lasted me 6 weeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Cuppiecakes

All I can say is: Not worth it! The Target brand of the Neutrogena Biphase is just as good if not better. Save your money and buy that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Removes eye make up very easily and effectively. BiPhase because you have to shake the bottle to mix the ingredients and then just moisten a cotton pad and remove mascara, etc. very gently and without any oily residue. Takes off all the makeup without having to go over several times and is gentle on your eyes (even used when wearing contacts - doesn't bother them at all like some other brands that can leave an oily residue on your contacts/eyes themselves).