April 23, 2014 | 1945 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Chanel - Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MAGICAL! I used to love Lancome but this one just blew me away. I used one tiny drop for my heavily mascarad and smokey eye and it just took it all off in one swipe. Like there was barely anything left. Just a few more dabs with my cotton ball and it was all gone. I could not believe it. It wasn't greasy either, but that doesn't matter much to me since I always waash my face after. I got a few samples of these so hopefully they will last a lil longer, I'm hesitant to spend so much on makeup remover. I don't know if I will buy it, but we'll see :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a very gentle and yet very effective eye make up remover. It doesn't make your eye area greasy like some other bi-phasic eye make up removers do (including Lancome). I just bought mine, so I cannot comment how long it will last. But you need only two drops of product each time (one for each eye). Therefore, the price is not extremely expensive I think. The first time I used it, I poured a large amount of product onto cotton ball and the ball was saoked. A tiny amount got into my eye and hurt really bad. But I think any product would do the same if you drop right into your eye, it's my mistake I guess. I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very interested in the biphase removers – the ones which have two coloured layers you need to shake up. Along with Lancome’s famous Bi-Facil, the Chanel Precision product seems to be a reviewers’ choice. Apparently you don’t need much (I used a third of a sample bottle for each removal, so either I have tenacious makeup or wear too much of it) and it’s spoken of as kind and gentle. However, by the third day of using this, I was experiencing a little irritation around the waterline and some redness on my lids. Unlike some eye makeup removers, this wasn’t greasy, and I do love to use Chanel products for luxuriousness – however I sometimes feel this luxuriousness is imagined rather than real. Clocking in at £20, you are certainly paying for the name rather than the ingredients. The only difference between this and the cheaper biphase products out there is that Chanel have added mineral oil, castor oil, flower water and Rosa Damascena flower oil to the cyclopentasiloxane and mild cleansers. As a regular user of rose flower water, orange flower water, rosehip seed oil, grapeseed oil and extra virgin olive oil, I feel I could embellish a cheaper makeup remover with my own additions at far less cost

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by wanos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does the job definitely. Removes everything, even the sturdiest waterproof mascara, just a few drop is needed and it's so gentle to my skin. The downside is that I think 100 ml lasts not so long, especially if you use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ounce for ounce, this is considered an affordable eye makeup remover based on efficacy also. Cheaper ones are not able to remove as cleanly and I tend to use alot more to cleanse off my liner and mascara.

I used Clarins and Lancome Bifacil but Lancome is becoming smaller 100ml and more expensive than Chanel! It does work well like Chanel but if both are HE brands, I will still go for the better priced option.

This has Rose water and Cornflower water to help to soothe and soften the eye area. It is not as oily as bifacil and just 1 pad lightly soddened will clean out my eye MU very well.

So far I have been using this 2 bottles, each lasted an average of 6 months more or less. Value for money compared the cheaper DS ones barely lasted me 6 weeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Cuppiecakes

All I can say is: Not worth it! The Target brand of the Neutrogena Biphase is just as good if not better. Save your money and buy that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Removes eye make up very easily and effectively. BiPhase because you have to shake the bottle to mix the ingredients and then just moisten a cotton pad and remove mascara, etc. very gently and without any oily residue. Takes off all the makeup without having to go over several times and is gentle on your eyes (even used when wearing contacts - doesn't bother them at all like some other brands that can leave an oily residue on your contacts/eyes themselves).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by blackholes

I can admit with all honesty that this is the product that got me hooked on to Chanel Skincare line. I adore this eye and lip makeup remover! It lasted about a year for me, and I used it every night to remove my makeup. A few drops is more than enough to remove fluid eyeliner, mascara, kohl, eyeshadow, and lipstick. I wanted to try a different makeup remover after I finished using this one, and bought the Shiseido eye makeup remover - the worst decision ever! It leaves an oily residue - it's better to use coconut oil to remove your makeup than go for the Shiseido makeup remover! I'm trying to finish my Shiseido bottle ASAP so that I can repurchase this one. This is the best out there, ladies! You will NOT regret buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by shirleya

I used this Chanel's eye make remover a few time and always ended up with irritated teary eyes.
It doesn't do a bad job at removing makeup but there are better and cheaper options that are not so irritating.

water, cyclopentasiloxane, mineral oil, centaurea cyanus flower water, ppg-26-buteth-26, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, methylparaben, vp/hexadecene copolymer, phenoxyethanol, chlorhexidine digluconate, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, rosa damascena flower oil, ci 42090 (blue 1)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by haymans

I love this product. I've changed to cheaper eye make up removers in the past and always regretted it. This removes even heavy eye make up quickly and gets it all off so I don't wake up with annoying black smudges. Love it, love it, love it!