April 19, 2014 | 1047 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by andyM269

So a bit about my skin: I have a lot of blackheads on my nose. Like a lot. And I've always had them so I'd just given up because nothing has worked in the past. I read the reviews for this and decided to give it a chance. On it's own it's pretty good. Over time if does clear pores. However, when used with biore pore strips this is fantastic. I have this patch on the side of my nose thats just full of black heads and the strip had like a little tree of black heads from that side.. It was also able to pull out big black heads which it has never done before. So this is my new favorite pore clearing routine... Silver powder + biore pore strips = <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jcheuk

I don't see results immediately after using it, with all my black heads gone (basically every pore on my nose are minuscule black heads). But throughout the week, I will notice less black heads and a slightly cleaner nose.

I use this in the shower, avoiding washing it off till I'm done showering and then some. I don't recommend trying to do daily tasks because then powder will fall everywhere. I put it on my whole face as I find it has a nice drying effect for my pimples.

I wash it off gently with warm water, and then stubborn areas (nose), I use a towel and toner. .

After that, a lot of the black heads or white pus are out of my nose and I use an extractor to fully clean. However, I read a review (ichigobunnie) where the girl used biore strips after, and she was able to remove a lot more black heads with the strips and silver powder than the strips by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by pinklover92

I have always used nose strips for my blackheads and that has not always been a pleasant experience. With nose strips, my nose was itchy, red, and dry after the initial use. After years of usage, I have notice enlarged pores and oilier complexion. If there is a miracle product, the Mario Badescu silver powder is the one. The silver powder reduced the appearance and amount of the blackheads. The main ingredient in this product, calcium carbonate, absorbed the oil and reduced breakouts of blackheads on my face. I highly recommend this product for those who have never had a clean pored nose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

oK this is amazing. cleaned up the blackheads in my nose in 1 go.
and it seems to bring up my whiteheads to the surface, which is good..because then i can just use the drying lotion to kill it.
the way i use it is exactly what they instructed. Soak a cotton ball with water and dip it to the jar then smear it on my nose and leave it for 20 minutes. Use toner to clean it after. But i also read that it will be more effective if you use nose strip afterwards..maybe next time i should try that.
so far..i'm liking this brand..seems to work very well on my skin!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Alexis86

I just got a sample from Kit. Easy to use, damp a cotton bud with toner, create a paste and apply. Leave on for 10-15 mins. Damp a cotton pad with toner and scrub the surface til clean. Took a while to remove as it does stick on the skin. I get deep blackheads on my nose and most did disappear however the really small deep dark ones are still there. It's been 2.5 hours since I used it and my nose still stings. I'm a bit worried but I'll see how it feels tomorrow morning. I did read in another review that it takes at least 3 to 4 application before all blackheads disappear. I didn't expect a complete free-blackheads nose as its my first try however because it stings I'm not sure if I should try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by nobby11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to really feel like I am missing out on a products benefits to re-purchase a beauty product and I can now say that although I thought about not re-purchasing Silver Powder once it ran out, 6 months on and I have decided that it truly was worth the price after-all.

Easy to apply with a little wet cotton pad and only a small amount is needed. This also lasts for a very long time and I was using it sometimes daily when I felt it necessary. Usually this is just needed around the nose area or where you find black heads are a persistent problem. Great to use with a pore strip too, they never really worked for me but with this applied and then washed off the area first, the strips have become very successful. It also works to keep shine at bay when I am going through particularly oily days. I put it on thinly as a mask all over and wash it off after 10 mins. It really seems to help minimise the oiliness during the rest of the day. Generally improves my skins texture and appearance of large or clogged pores. I also find this great mixed with a little water as a spot treatment. Really helps to dry up pimples when applied over night. *Tip* you will need a good cleanser or toner to remove though as the residue is stubborn. Needless to say I have just ordered my second pot! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Yosemitesam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Grey

For me Mario Badescu products are hit or miss- and this one is a hit. The loose powder (Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide) turns into a paste when applied with a damp cotton ball. I only use this on my nose, where I have large pores and blackheads. After a few minutes the paste begins to solidify and feels a lot like a clay mask. The key part of using this product is to remove it with a toner, because the powder clings to the skin once it has dried. So far nothing has helped my blackheads, oil, or the size of my pores more than this product. The packaging is fine unless you open it upside down, and the ounce of powder given looks like enough to last me for at least a year. Pore strips never worked this well for me, and I'll never go back. At Ulta this was about $10, so not a huge skincare investment considering the return.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like this. i use it like every other day lol. the thing is i cant wear black when im using it cuz eveyrtime i breathe i sniff out powder onto my clothes ><

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jjapples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This absolutely works for me! Dirt cheap given how much you get and how long it will last, and I get results.
I've had blackheads all over my nose for as long as I can remember, to the point where they can be very obvious, even with makeup on. After the first application of this they seemed to be less noticeable, and after a few more they were basically no-existent. Yes, you have to keep applying, because if you're getting blackheads then you will likely always get them because your pores are a bit too open - but for the sake of 20 minutes 2 or 3 times a week it's really worth it.
I don't usually follow up with a pore strip, but the few times I have I see a lot of gunk being pulled out and my nose is always a lot clearer and cleaner.
I've had my pot now for over 6 months and use it 2 to 3 times a week and there is still over 3/4 of the powder left in the pot!
It can be tough to remove - Witch Hazel toner will do the job but it's not easy. The best toners I've found to remove it are the MB toners I already use, but if you don't want to spend the money on them the Witch Hazel will get the job done.
Definitely worth it for anyone who wants to reduce their blackheads and doesn't expect instant and permanent results from one treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Gidella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a keeper for me. It's quite cheap considering how long it'll last. I try to use the silver powder once a week though I should do it more. Anyway, my skin looks so much better after I've used it. My pores aren't so large anymore and it's easier to remove the blackheads. I usually use a scrub for a few minutes after I've removed the silver powder with toner. Either that or I use Tiq's Pore cleanser if I'm in the shower. That way I get rid of everything that the silver powder loosened - like the blackheads.

The sad thing is that after this have "shrunk" my pores, by morning or the next day everything's right back to how it was before I used it. However, if I use the silver powder more than once a week I might get a more noticable effect I think. It's something I'm gonna try.

Update: So I've been using this for a while now. But instead of scrubbing after to remove all my blackheads I do an oil cleanse instead. It works like a charm and I can see, and feel, stuff come out from my pores which is strangely satisfying. Much better than scrubbing, and much easier on my skin! However I don't manage to do it as often as I want, as the silver powder makes a bit of a mess and take a little time to remove.