September 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this along with glycolic gel has been a godsend for my black heads and clogged pores. I credit these 2 products to finally getting my skin in near perfect condition. i've had this for about 3 mos now and my siblings and husband have all mentioned the clearness of skin especially my nose. at first i used 3 times a week and used glycolic gel right after. now i only use once a week because it is drying. this is cheap for the amount you get and this will last me forever!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by gandangnatural

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

works but its a mess to use.. wont repurchase..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

It is a temporary solution for people with excess sebum especially the nose and chin area. The reason why I give it only two stars - It doesn't remove everything or reduce the appearance of my sebaceous filaments. I am not sure if I want to buy it again but it is cheaper than biore nose strips.

To clean off the silver powder from your face is sometimes pain in the ass. You would need a lot of cotton balls and alcohol-free toner.

( I've read some reviews here and noticed that people complained about hundred blackheads on their nose or chin - it is not blackheads! It is called sebaceous filaments -- http://www.livestrong.com/article/546911-difference-between-blackheads-sebaceous-filaments/ )

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

I l adore this product.
All my life, I was plagued with blackheads on my nose and chin area. My pores clog easily, my skin keratinizes too much and the results were hundreds of blackheads on my nose and some blackheads and underlying impurities on my chin.
I tried everything over the years: Facials, glycolic acid, nose strips, manual extraction.
Nothing helped me. Nothing. The blackheads were stubborn, impossible to remove (even the beautician couldn�t remove them) and deep set in my skin. Trying to extract them only caused red spots, inflammation and peeled skin on my nose. I even had some prescripted salve with adapalene and this salve did nothing, although some people could peel their skin off after using this. That�s how much my skin is keratinized.
Enter silver powder. I stumbled over a review here on makeupalley and thought, I�d give it a try.
The powder is cheap, I paid 14 Euros for it and it lasts very long. I would say for at least one year. Compared to the other products I tried, this is dirt cheap.
The powder is white and I pick it up with a damp cotton pad as it is described on the package. I dab it on my nose in a thin layer and leave it there to dry. It takes about 15 minutes, but it�s not a problem, when you leave it on longer. Then I take it off with a toner (mine is a anti-blackhead toner with salicylic acid). Sometimes, I use a nose strip in addition to the mask or I extract them manually. I like to put on a salve with zinc and salicylic acid afterwards.
The powder doesn�t clump and doesn�t get dirty when you use a damp cotton pad. So I don�t know why other reviewers had a problem with this method.
Another problem of other reviewers was the flaking of the powder when it dries on the skin. Yes, it does, but I don�t wear my best clothes, when I use he powder.
And I have no problems getting the dried powder off with my toner.
For me, the product worked after using it for about 3 weeks. I use it about 3 times a week. It wasn�t a overnight success product as it was for other reviewers. But I�ve been dealing with blackheads for over 20 years, no other product ever worked and mine are extremely stubborn, so I�m very glad and surprised I finally found something against my tons of blackheads.
My blackheads are still not completely gone after 3 weeks of use, but they are less visible, they are much easier to extract and my pores are open. I can feel it when I touch my skin, that my little bumps disappeared and the general condition of the skin in my t-zone has improved.
So, this is definitely worth a try, if you�re struggeling with blackheads as I do.
For me, it did what no other product could do and that makes it literally a miracle-worker.
Love it. Holy grail.
Update 04/12/2012
This product is nothing short of perfect! The healthy mix foundation from Bourjois broke me out so bad in my mouth and chin area with big red bumps and tiny whiteheaded cystic acne. I looked for a way to reduce the effects of the break out and make all the spots and blotchiness go away faster. The silver powder did it again. I used it several days in a row and it was amazing. The bumps dissappeared and my skin cleared up a lot faster than usual. Such outbreaks often need several weeks to heal up, but now I think, they will only need one week and I�m through. This only confirmed the HG status of this product for me. Love it even more.
Update 27/10/2013
Still love this product, but wanted to share some info. What I misdiagnosed as blackheads on my nose and chin were sebaceous filaments. If you want to have more info, check out the notepad of the user icaria. Other than this, I believe that nothing ever helped my skin as this powder when it comes to sebaceaous filaments. I cannot use AHA, BHA or any aggressice peels due to my skin condition that includes rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. This product never stings, burns or irritates my skin. The only minor side effect is a little dryness, that can easily be removed by applying a moisturizing serum or moisturizer afterwards. Compared to the other treatments which left me with raw, red, irritated skin, this is no real problem for me. I also love it for these ugly big inflamed sore pimples as it calms them down without aggressive ingredients. This lasts a long time, but I definitely will buy it again and again.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by andyM269

So a bit about my skin: I have a lot of blackheads on my nose. Like a lot. And I've always had them so I'd just given up because nothing has worked in the past. I read the reviews for this and decided to give it a chance. On it's own it's pretty good. Over time if does clear pores. However, when used with biore pore strips this is fantastic. I have this patch on the side of my nose thats just full of black heads and the strip had like a little tree of black heads from that side.. It was also able to pull out big black heads which it has never done before. So this is my new favorite pore clearing routine... Silver powder + biore pore strips = <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jcheuk

I don't see results immediately after using it, with all my black heads gone (basically every pore on my nose are minuscule black heads). But throughout the week, I will notice less black heads and a slightly cleaner nose.

I use this in the shower, avoiding washing it off till I'm done showering and then some. I don't recommend trying to do daily tasks because then powder will fall everywhere. I put it on my whole face as I find it has a nice drying effect for my pimples.

I wash it off gently with warm water, and then stubborn areas (nose), I use a towel and toner. .

After that, a lot of the black heads or white pus are out of my nose and I use an extractor to fully clean. However, I read a review (ichigobunnie) where the girl used biore strips after, and she was able to remove a lot more black heads with the strips and silver powder than the strips by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by pinklover92

I have always used nose strips for my blackheads and that has not always been a pleasant experience. With nose strips, my nose was itchy, red, and dry after the initial use. After years of usage, I have notice enlarged pores and oilier complexion. If there is a miracle product, the Mario Badescu silver powder is the one. The silver powder reduced the appearance and amount of the blackheads. The main ingredient in this product, calcium carbonate, absorbed the oil and reduced breakouts of blackheads on my face. I highly recommend this product for those who have never had a clean pored nose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

oK this is amazing. cleaned up the blackheads in my nose in 1 go.
and it seems to bring up my whiteheads to the surface, which is good..because then i can just use the drying lotion to kill it.
the way i use it is exactly what they instructed. Soak a cotton ball with water and dip it to the jar then smear it on my nose and leave it for 20 minutes. Use toner to clean it after. But i also read that it will be more effective if you use nose strip afterwards..maybe next time i should try that.
so far..i'm liking this brand..seems to work very well on my skin!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Alexis86

I just got a sample from Kit. Easy to use, damp a cotton bud with toner, create a paste and apply. Leave on for 10-15 mins. Damp a cotton pad with toner and scrub the surface til clean. Took a while to remove as it does stick on the skin. I get deep blackheads on my nose and most did disappear however the really small deep dark ones are still there. It's been 2.5 hours since I used it and my nose still stings. I'm a bit worried but I'll see how it feels tomorrow morning. I did read in another review that it takes at least 3 to 4 application before all blackheads disappear. I didn't expect a complete free-blackheads nose as its my first try however because it stings I'm not sure if I should try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by nobby11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to really feel like I am missing out on a products benefits to re-purchase a beauty product and I can now say that although I thought about not re-purchasing Silver Powder once it ran out, 6 months on and I have decided that it truly was worth the price after-all.

Easy to apply with a little wet cotton pad and only a small amount is needed. This also lasts for a very long time and I was using it sometimes daily when I felt it necessary. Usually this is just needed around the nose area or where you find black heads are a persistent problem. Great to use with a pore strip too, they never really worked for me but with this applied and then washed off the area first, the strips have become very successful. It also works to keep shine at bay when I am going through particularly oily days. I put it on thinly as a mask all over and wash it off after 10 mins. It really seems to help minimise the oiliness during the rest of the day. Generally improves my skins texture and appearance of large or clogged pores. I also find this great mixed with a little water as a spot treatment. Really helps to dry up pimples when applied over night. *Tip* you will need a good cleanser or toner to remove though as the residue is stubborn. Needless to say I have just ordered my second pot! :)