Suave Professionals Humectant Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Arginine HCl, Lysine HCl, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Methylisothiazolinone, Honey, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lets start out my review by letting you know my hair was fried. I had used two really bad hair dyes (Revlon Colorsilk & Clairol Soy4plex) which left my hair feeling like straw. I was devastated but I was also running out of my crappy TRESemmé shampoo & conditioner and needed a switch (it left me greasy by the beginning of day 2). I went to the store, for some stupid reason, looking for another TRESemmé product. I some how ended up in front of Suave. My boyfriend uses some of their stuff and I did too in the past. A lot of their products compare to high end salon so I decided to check it out. I grabbed this and the Damage Care shampoo. The day after I used it my hair didn't feel like straw but lacked a little something. In other words it isn't as deep conditioning as the Neutrogena Daily Deep conditioner but it's still really good. So the next time I stepped in the shower I used the damage care shampoo, the Neutrogena Daily Deep only on my ends, and then this conditioner on my entire head. My hair came out softer than my virgin hair used to be! Also this didn't leave me greasy until the *end* of day 2 (aka this good stuff is better than TRESemmé). I will forever be using this stuff even when my hair returns back to normal!
Note: did put it as a 4 because alone my hair does not feel like straw with this but it does lack some conditioning "oomph".

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i love the smell and it leaves my hear soo soft after rinsing it out.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a good moisturizing conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

While my hair was relaxed/chemically processed, this was a really great conditioner. It helped my hair feel really soft, it was a great detangler, and stopped some of my breakage. Plus the smell is really nice.

Now that my hair is natural and there are 100% no chemicals in my hair, this is one of the worst conditioners for me. As soon as I put it on my hair it felt as if it was coating my hair (and not in a good way). That was most likely due to the silicones that are in the conditioner. There was absolutely no slip so I could not detangle my hair. Lastly, after rinsing it out my hair felt heavy, dry, and hay like. That was most likely due to the protein in here.

So I will not purchase this conditioner again!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just began using this conditioner earlier this week. I've heard good things about the Suave Professionals line, but I've always been skeptical (terrible memories of suave products of childhood...yuck). I picked up a bottle of the Humectant conditioner and have been trying it out. So far, what I can say is that it is a surprisingly thick formula- contrary to the runny stuff I've used in the past that drips right out of my hair. The smell is yummy and fruity- but I know some people hate that (I enjoy it). After leaving it in for a couple minutes in the shower, my hair feels very very soft. I'm wondering if it perhaps makes my fine hair a bit greasy, though.
Not sure if I'll repurchase yet- co-washing with Vo5 has been great in the past and I may return to that system.

I bought this yesterday in Wal Mart for under 3 bucks. Tonight I decided to try it on my 4 yr old daughter's super curly, frizzy hair. After shampooing, I left it in her hair for a few minutes then rinsed it out. Normally, her hair is impossible to comb after a shower but I could easily run my fingers through her hair. It smells good and feels thicker (almost like Nexus, which was my fave shampoo and conditioner for years). Hair hair is soft and smooth now. I have used Suave in the past and hated it...it did nothing but dry out my hair even more but I may try it on my hair (dyed and flat ironed several times a week so it's fried). I think I will continue to use this for my daughter's hair because the kid shampoo/conditioners don't help with her super long, super curly hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Won't buy again because it's just too heavy and makes my thin, fine, straight hair really greasy. But somebody with thicker/wavy hair would probably love it. Smells just like their coconut shampoo/conditioner. I am finding that Suave shampoos are really great, but the conditioners just don't work for me. Bummer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great conditioner.

My hair tends to get dry, and this leaves it feeling very silky and sleek. I have layered bra-strap length, straight, fine hair, but a good amount of it. I apply this liberally after shampooing, only from about my ears down, and let it marinate for a few minutes. :-)
(It requires a decent amount of product to get great results, but it's so cheap that doesn't bother me a bit.)

When I rinse, I swash a bit over my scalp area, but barely any to keep it from weighing down. Blow dry and...Lovely, sleek hair the next day (I usually wash my hair at night).
The scent is on the strong side—sweet and cocounutty while I am conditioning, but it doesn't bother me and doesn't linger enough to cause any irritation or compete with perfumes or lotions.
For the few bucks I spent, it's a deal! I like to alternate it on days when I need a moisture boost. Will repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I hate this conditioner. I got it b/c the bottle says it's comparable to my old conditioner (Nexxus humectress) and b/c it was super cheap. I didn't even love the Nexxus conditioner so I think the price was a major factor in why I purchased it. Used it once and my hair felt like straw! HATE IT!!! I will be returning this ASAP. Don't waste your money. The price was great (around $4 US) but I will not be buying this again or any other Suave products.

EDIT: I use it to de-tangle my hair now but it's still not a good hydrating conditioner.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was using Nexxus Humectant conditioner for a long time, and saw that this was supposed to be a comparable product. I've found that this does compare very nicely. It made my hair as nice and soft as the Nexxus conditioner! I don't mind the smell, but that said, I usually love fruity smelling lotions, etc. ^_^ Would and have repurchased.

I decided to give this a try because I just couldn't beat the price.
Pros: left my long hair very shiny and almost tangle free
Cons: VERY strong coconut/coco-butter smell. The smell lingers all day and gave me bad headaches (I have a very sensitive nose).
If they come out with a scent-free version, I would buy 5 in a heartbeat.