September 30, 2014 | 1819 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Professionals Humectant Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

I just began using this conditioner earlier this week. I've heard good things about the Suave Professionals line, but I've always been skeptical (terrible memories of suave products of childhood...yuck). I picked up a bottle of the Humectant conditioner and have been trying it out. So far, what I can say is that it is a surprisingly thick formula- contrary to the runny stuff I've used in the past that drips right out of my hair. The smell is yummy and fruity- but I know some people hate that (I enjoy it). After leaving it in for a couple minutes in the shower, my hair feels very very soft. I'm wondering if it perhaps makes my fine hair a bit greasy, though.
Not sure if I'll repurchase yet- co-washing with Vo5 has been great in the past and I may return to that system.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Extraordinarygoddess28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this yesterday in Wal Mart for under 3 bucks. Tonight I decided to try it on my 4 yr old daughter's super curly, frizzy hair. After shampooing, I left it in her hair for a few minutes then rinsed it out. Normally, her hair is impossible to comb after a shower but I could easily run my fingers through her hair. It smells good and feels thicker (almost like Nexus, which was my fave shampoo and conditioner for years). Hair hair is soft and smooth now. I have used Suave in the past and hated it...it did nothing but dry out my hair even more but I may try it on my hair (dyed and flat ironed several times a week so it's fried). I think I will continue to use this for my daughter's hair because the kid shampoo/conditioners don't help with her super long, super curly hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Won't buy again because it's just too heavy and makes my thin, fine, straight hair really greasy. But somebody with thicker/wavy hair would probably love it. Smells just like their coconut shampoo/conditioner. I am finding that Suave shampoos are really great, but the conditioners just don't work for me. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Great conditioner.

My hair tends to get dry, and this leaves it feeling very silky and sleek. I have layered bra-strap length, straight, fine hair, but a good amount of it. I apply this liberally after shampooing, only from about my ears down, and let it marinate for a few minutes. :-)
(It requires a decent amount of product to get great results, but it's so cheap that doesn't bother me a bit.)

When I rinse, I swash a bit over my scalp area, but barely any to keep it from weighing down. Blow dry and...Lovely, sleek hair the next day (I usually wash my hair at night).
The scent is on the strong side—sweet and cocounutty while I am conditioning, but it doesn't bother me and doesn't linger enough to cause any irritation or compete with perfumes or lotions.
For the few bucks I spent, it's a deal! I like to alternate it on days when I need a moisture boost. Will repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by LovelyRue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this conditioner. I got it b/c the bottle says it's comparable to my old conditioner (Nexxus humectress) and b/c it was super cheap. I didn't even love the Nexxus conditioner so I think the price was a major factor in why I purchased it. Used it once and my hair felt like straw! HATE IT!!! I will be returning this ASAP. Don't waste your money. The price was great (around $4 US) but I will not be buying this again or any other Suave products.

EDIT: I use it to de-tangle my hair now but it's still not a good hydrating conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Jadedkrystal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Nexxus Humectant conditioner for a long time, and saw that this was supposed to be a comparable product. I've found that this does compare very nicely. It made my hair as nice and soft as the Nexxus conditioner! I don't mind the smell, but that said, I usually love fruity smelling lotions, etc. ^_^ Would and have repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by pinkbonanza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a try because I just couldn't beat the price.
Pros: left my long hair very shiny and almost tangle free
Cons: VERY strong coconut/coco-butter smell. The smell lingers all day and gave me bad headaches (I have a very sensitive nose).
If they come out with a scent-free version, I would buy 5 in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by glomendoza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. I have used the Nexxus one as well & they are the same thing except I prefer the price of this one. Love love love.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't work for me. I'm not one of the types of people to review things on their scent. I don't mind grandma smelling makeup or really playdo-ey lipsticks but the smell of this really is awful. It's terribly strong, like a mixture of floral and fake coconut, I could barely use it as a shaving cream when I didn't like it for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by mollymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! What a great conditioner. I have tried them all. So many times have been talked into expensive salon brands by hair dressers, only to be so disappointed by their performance and price. This stuff is super affordable and leaves my hair moisturized far better than any expensive brand. Love the shampoo too!