July 28, 2014 | 1705 users online

Masks - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I may buy this again if I can afford it but it really is horrendously expensive. I usually like to put a mask on quite thick, but I spread this one out as thinly as I think I can get away with to make it last! It does tell you to apply thinly in any event.
It's in a chunky glass jar and you get quite a bit for your money. On balance I think I prefer a jar to a tube because it's easier to see how much you've got left, although I'm hoping it doesn't mean it will dry out quickly. No sign of that so far and I've had it a couplf of months. I have been using it once a week.
As to the effects of the mask itself it's really rather good, although not a miracle (which I had hoped for!) It helps unclog the pores and does get rid of those little dry bits initially - which it claims it is intended for. But they seem to return within a few days however.
On first application the skin glows a bit but I haven't had any irritation. Some clay masks can be a bit harsh on the skin but this one is very mild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to tell that I am totally mad with masks. I donít know how much I try but a lot.
This mask is totally amazing one of the best I ever use. Every time I use it my skin looks great after that, much softer and glowing, the clog pores and impurities look much less or even gone on the next day. Also this mask never dry my skin like many other clay do and is very easy to wash off. Is really effective I will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

I'm very on the fence on this one. On one hand, after use, my skin glows and looks more clear and even, etc. The effect however, does not last for more than 3 days. It is not overly drying as some clay masks can be. But I keep getting more breakouts. I've used this about 4/5 times over the past 3 weeks and I get breakouts 2/3 days after use. I don't know if it's purging, but I think it would be best if I didn't try this again. My skin might just not like glycolic acid.

will be returning this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this mask for about 3 months when my skin care person (I forget what they are called) recommended it. I use the cleanser for oily skin and toner also and love them. I also use a serum by PCA skin and my acne scars are almost gone. I also get a new kind of facials (hydro I think) that is like a facial and microdermabrasion in one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I like this mask - it seems to really do a good job on my skin. But in the end, it is just a clay mask, without any particularly special ingredients, so I think you could get something similar for way less.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mjolk

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
This mask cleans my skin thoroughly, drawing out impurities while most importantly not stripping my skin. It does tingle when you first apply it, but after a few weeks use your skin does get used to it. My skin is soft and smooth to touch after i have removed it. Most importantly, it does not leave my skin looking irritated, even though it contains hydroxy acids. I have started retin-a, therefore I am avoiding using the mask at the moment, but can't wait to start again. Highly reccommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 7:45:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

Love! I have not used many "masks" in my life, but this one is very nice. Goes on smooth and doesn't dry like a desert on your face. I also love how my skin feels after rinsing it off and *bonus*...it cleared the blackheads on my nose!! Skin looks glowy and bright the next morning..Highly recommend this one ladies! Also try their 0.5 retinol night cream, it's great! ***Update 6-16-08*** I have since discoverd pure Calcium Bentonite Powder (i.e. Indian healing clay) This stuff is awesome and pulls out impurities like nobodies business! I got a big bag of the powder on Ebay for super cheap and just mixed with a little water to make my own mask. Sorry skincueticals, you have been bumped out for a cheaper-BETTER alternative.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Mollyness

I absolutely love this product! I also use the SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser which I also love. I have used this masque several times and each times my pimples disappear by the next day. In fact, the other night I slept with it on and my nodule disappeared completely the next day and a papule I had strunk dramatically in size. I will most definitely keep using this product once to twice a week

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by snowflake822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love Love Love this mask!! It feels so good. It does everything brightens, rejuvenates, clarifying and tightens pores. You can also use it as a cleanser if you don't have time to leave it on. Just get your skin wet and take like a pea size rub hands together then wash your face with it you still get the great benefits of the mask. It won't dry your skin out like most clay masks do. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gives you an instant facial. Oh my God, I just cannot believe a mask can do all of these things: reduces oils, shrinks pores, rejuvenates, brightens. I use this now every night, and some morning, if I need to pep myself up. Just an amazing product.