April 18, 2014 | 1694 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the City block SPF 25. When i'm applying it, it makes my face look very washed out and pale initially put it settles down in a couple of minutes so it doesn't matter. It is a bit heavy but i don't mind that at all i just give it a few minutes to settle before I apply my foundation. It has a kinda pleasant smell for a sunblock. I like how it acts as a primer too. It doesn't cause me any extra oiliness in my t-zone and my make-up sits nicely on top of it. Some people don't like it because of the apparent tint in it but i hardly see a tint its more just like a glowy cream that blends away to hardly anything and it absorbs quickly and leaves your skin natural anyway so i dont see a problem there. Overall I really like it and don't have any major dislikes about it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by yarndreams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this product on and off over the years....I used to find it heavy but as my skin has gotten drier, this doesn't bother me so much. I've noticed on my most recent go round that the tint seems a bit more 'orange-y' and that application requires more blending. I would re-purchase but only if I can't find a s/s I like better. I need to use a physical so this is one easily available option. Not the greatest but not the worst either.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by curacao

I used it as my foundation, and I really really adore it <3

I was looking for a foundation when I started to use make up, so the Clinique SA recommend me this product. At first I was quite skeptical as the colour has this pinkish tone that I think will look horrible in my yellowish- slightly tanned Asian skin. But when I applied it to my face, it gives a natural glow which is the main reason that I love it :)

Am not sure if it really do a good job as a sunscreen, however since now I just used make up once in a while, I realized that my skin tone now is kinda darker compared to last year when I still religiously wearing make up. But since I always treat this product as a foundation, I don't realize that it is actually a sunscreen lol.

It does make your face turn oily (for me it takes 1 hour in outdoor+daytime when I dont use primer and 2 hour when I used it with primer), so now I'm looking for a HG primer which can make it last longer :)

conclusion
lasting power : 1 to 2 hr (outdoor, daytime, tropical weather)
protection : moderate
bonus : healthy glow :))

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by littlequeenjenny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, I dont think this one is discontinued....at least in China and Denmark.

I have used up at least 6 tubes of this,even though I don't really like it....
Kinda of weird but I just feel safe if I put it on my face every morning.

It was the first sun block product I reached when I was in highschool.Yes this could be super expensive for a normal highschool girl.In China this is double priced than in US or any airport dutyfree shops. I guess I was hooked mainly because of its elements for sunblock is basic on physics but not chemistry(>
I bought 2 of this in Denmark last year.Even though the package, the name are all the same with what i used in China.But the texture is super thick to me!And doesn't even my skin tone at all!I really really missed my chinese version while I took patience in using them up!

Since I will stay in Euro at least 4 years more,I wont buy any of this any of this product again since I really hate the ones i bought in Denmark!

Always make sure a good moisture before apply this on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by twogun

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this prouct a lot and blends well with my Supermoisture makeup. However, I wouldn't have based a decision on the reviews here because they seem to be all over the place. It seems to me that some of the people are unhappy about things they could have found out by looking at the box. So, I bought this anyway and am really pleased.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by gods21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great sunscreen, it evens out skin tone if i use the right amount but if i put too much on it can kind of make my skin look a bit flaky, nothing to complain too much about though as it seems to dissapear as the day goes on. Also has good anti-o's and is non irritating.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by phoenixjn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this on and off for more then 10 years. The only reason I give it a 4 not a 5 is that it is not waterproof. But you can't have everything. This is one of the only sunscreens out there that does not make me break out. Which is quite a feat, since everything seems to make me break out! Even the sunscreen my dermatologist gave me made me break out, so I went back to this one. It also evens out the skin tone a little which is nice. With a touch of powder over it it can serve as a light base. But it does not have a lot of coverage. It is sheer enough my husband can use it too. He also has problems with chemical sunscreens. If you are dark skinned however it might be too light.

Update: They changed to formula it's no longer good. I switched to the Nia 24 Sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by malme

I wasn't sure about this ss since i ve read so many diffrent opinions about it. but....i gave it a try. and i'm so glad that i did. i put on just a little and it blends really nice. it leaves my skin smooth fresh and glowing. ah, i forgot to mention that i have a combo skin that is oily on the t-zone and normal to cheeks. after a gave up bc pill i had a major hormonal breakout and i was very very careful of what i was puting on my face. now that i have managent to calm my face i started the city block. its the best ss i ve ever had and i will definately purchase it since it s so nice on my face. i took off one lippie because i dont know if this will block my pores and because here in greece is quite expensive, 26 euro for the 40 ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by melly9275

I really like this product, it totally evens out my complexion, making it LOOK like a have on perfectly matched foundation on without having to make sure it's blended properly nor finding the right shade. I find it a little bit heavy, which isn't saying much because if I'm not wearing this product, I'm not wearing anything. I sure feel a lot more polished when I do put it on, and I'm getting the skin protection I need to boot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by celeste_85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used this for four years now, I am rarely loyal to products and compulsively try new things, but I have been so consistently happy with this product that I have stuck with it. I have combination skin with a tendency to break out and this product does not aggravate my skin, it provides effective sun protection and is relatively inexpensive for the quality of product IMO.

I use it everyday and have never noticed the tint of the product rubbing off on my clothes. It also helps my makeup last longer. The only bad thing about it is it sometimes causes my skin to feel a tad dry, but that is easily taken care of with a bit of moisturizer.

Overall, a great sunscreen and a staple for me!