October 25, 2014 | 875 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Lyn2204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this sunblock for 2 years now and I love it. It is a bit greasy which works perfectly for my dry skin. I used it under my moisturiser and sometimes I mixed it with my benetint which gives me a glowy effect. The downside of this product is it wont give any coverage to any imperfections but other than that, it is all good

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Misirlou1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my search for "the holy mineral sunscreen" I'm always looking for one that a/doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, b/doesn't make me look like a ghost and C/isn't sticky and greasy. Because of the good rates on beautypedia I decided to give this one a try.So what do I think about it?

First of all there's the color... A slightly tinted sunscreen: great idea, the only problem is that they only offer like 1 shade and I can imagine that this is the reason why a lot of people don't like....Like me... I'm a NC20 and I find this sunscreen slightly to dark for me. I do like that it evens out my skin tone, but it's just to yellow/orangy for me. I have also noiticed that it tends to oxidize during the day :(

Second: this is not the ideal sunscreen for you if you have oily skin. I can use this when it's getting colder and my skin is getting slightly drier, but in summertime my skin is way to oily for this one. Not very attractive. Tried to put some powder on top of it, but omg, that was...not...a...good...idea. So i also must conclude that:

This is also not great as a primer/makeup base for when u like to use powder foundation. It's just to sticky: you can't spread your powder foundation evenly, so it looks all blotchy . Haven't tried it with a liquid foundation though,so I can't say how it will perform with that type. But for my combination skin, I'm afraid it will be a greasy mess.

Last but not least: did it irritate my skin? Well, it didn't itch of sting, or aggravate my rosacea, so that was good. The only thing i've noticed is that every time use this it give's me pimples. Even after just one day. It just clogs my pores. I've tried this a few times, with some weeks in between, just to be sure it wasn't something else.. But everytime, when I clean my face in the evening, there they are: some extra bumps :( So that's the main reason that it is a no no for me.

So to conclude: is it a bad sunscreen? Well, if you have a normal to slightly dry skin, if you aren't acne-prone and not very or extreme pale and you have a perfect skin that doesn't need a lot of coverage, but just some kind of tinted moisturizer with SPF...Then I would give this one a try.

If you're an NC15 and/or have an oily, acne prone, skin...Leave it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by scruffmuffin8u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this every morning on my face, neck and eyes. It's great for sensitive skin like mine. However, it is greasy! It leaves a sheen on my face that only disappears after I have applied my powder foundation. My acne prone skin hasnít broken out from this and I don't seem to get more oily during the day. My skin is pretty much normal, but my T-Zone tends to get oilier than my cheeks (Combination maybe?) Anyways, even though I don't like the way this feels, it works and I feel better having it on knowing it's protecting my fair skin from the suns again rays. This is a moisturizer, it has moisturizing ingredients even though the ladies at Clinique would have you think otherwise, so unless you have dry skin you can use this exclusively. This product lasts a long time even though I use a good mutant large pea size every morning!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Rosallie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this as much as I love Redness Solutions...I use the whole line of Clinique Redness Solutions and for the days I want a natural look I use my 3 step skin care(Redness Solutions) and then apply City Block and I am ready for a day in the sun. Carry City Block with you and apply every two hours. You will be glad you did and your face will love you;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by LaughingKitten

I don't really know what to say about this product....well i've been using it on and off and have bought 4 tubes of it by far....i remember when i first started using it(which was about 5 years ago) i didn't like it that much as i didn't use any make up back then...and it just felt a bit greesy even if it claims that it's oil free, i guess all sunblock products will have the same effect no matter how light and non-greasy they claim themselves to be.

Only untill last year when i finish a primer, i've decided to try this one out again as the previous primer that i used didnt have SPF in it and i had to apply sunscreen before i put that primer on..anyway so i decided to go for this product again given that it's a primer, a sunscreen and it blocks environmental harmness, and it's gentle. I can't say that i can see a dramatic effect it does to my skin but i guess sometimes you just need something that you feel safe to use a long way. It doesnt cause any breakouts, very gentle on the skin, and i havent had any bad experience with it at all, so i'd say it is a safe product for daily use.

Not too expensive given the fact that it's got 40ml in a tube and it does last a fairly long time. It has a light tint in it which to be honest i would prefer it not to have, but it doesn't bother me too much as i apply foundation on top of it anyway...

So yeah, i would purchase it again for all the reasons listed above plus i havent seen any other products within the same price range that i would like to give such a long term commitment to.....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I used to use the City Block 15 that was DC'd so I'm checking their new version and hoping it was the same.

But it's NOT. Le sigh.

Came across this tidbit when I was looking into it:

"The ingredient of concern is angelica archangelica root oil. According to our investigation this ingredient may have some antioxidant ability but it contains photosensitive constituents that increase the chances of UV-radiation caused damage. It is puzzling why Clinique would put a light-sensitive ingredient in a sun protection"

So much for it being oil free too.
So basically it can cause damage that I'm trying to avoid. Umm..no thanks. Wanted to post this so others know they may be getting more sun damage from this product.

The search continues for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the City block SPF 25. When i'm applying it, it makes my face look very washed out and pale initially put it settles down in a couple of minutes so it doesn't matter. It is a bit heavy but i don't mind that at all i just give it a few minutes to settle before I apply my foundation. It has a kinda pleasant smell for a sunblock. I like how it acts as a primer too. It doesn't cause me any extra oiliness in my t-zone and my make-up sits nicely on top of it. Some people don't like it because of the apparent tint in it but i hardly see a tint its more just like a glowy cream that blends away to hardly anything and it absorbs quickly and leaves your skin natural anyway so i dont see a problem there. Overall I really like it and don't have any major dislikes about it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by yarndreams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this product on and off over the years....I used to find it heavy but as my skin has gotten drier, this doesn't bother me so much. I've noticed on my most recent go round that the tint seems a bit more 'orange-y' and that application requires more blending. I would re-purchase but only if I can't find a s/s I like better. I need to use a physical so this is one easily available option. Not the greatest but not the worst either.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by curacao

I used it as my foundation, and I really really adore it <3

I was looking for a foundation when I started to use make up, so the Clinique SA recommend me this product. At first I was quite skeptical as the colour has this pinkish tone that I think will look horrible in my yellowish- slightly tanned Asian skin. But when I applied it to my face, it gives a natural glow which is the main reason that I love it :)

Am not sure if it really do a good job as a sunscreen, however since now I just used make up once in a while, I realized that my skin tone now is kinda darker compared to last year when I still religiously wearing make up. But since I always treat this product as a foundation, I don't realize that it is actually a sunscreen lol.

It does make your face turn oily (for me it takes 1 hour in outdoor+daytime when I dont use primer and 2 hour when I used it with primer), so now I'm looking for a HG primer which can make it last longer :)

conclusion
lasting power : 1 to 2 hr (outdoor, daytime, tropical weather)
protection : moderate
bonus : healthy glow :))

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by littlequeenjenny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, I dont think this one is discontinued....at least in China and Denmark.

I have used up at least 6 tubes of this,even though I don't really like it....
Kinda of weird but I just feel safe if I put it on my face every morning.

It was the first sun block product I reached when I was in highschool.Yes this could be super expensive for a normal highschool girl.In China this is double priced than in US or any airport dutyfree shops. I guess I was hooked mainly because of its elements for sunblock is basic on physics but not chemistry(>
I bought 2 of this in Denmark last year.Even though the package, the name are all the same with what i used in China.But the texture is super thick to me!And doesn't even my skin tone at all!I really really missed my chinese version while I took patience in using them up!

Since I will stay in Euro at least 4 years more,I wont buy any of this any of this product again since I really hate the ones i bought in Denmark!

Always make sure a good moisture before apply this on.