October 25, 2014 | 1732 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Cherries In The Snow 440

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by PopHarlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first job as a teenager in the 80s was as a cosmetics salesgirl and I wore this at least twice a week - and you know what? I wore it twice to work this week and I'm now 40! I wear it straight out of the tube, unblotted and in no way toned down, and I still think it rocks more than two decades on. I have Snow White colouring and I think in some ways this is the colouring it was designed for as several reviewers below have noted (although I used to sell it and saw it look great on people with very dark skin, not so much on medium tones).

As an aside I would never call this red. It's a reddish fuchsia or, to be more precise, cerise - and back in my days selling it it was marketed as a hot pink (which was all the rage then). That Revlon now call it a red is perplexing as even just looking at it in the tube it's clearly not. Maybe the idea of fuchsia just turns a lot of people off, as also evidenced by some of the previous reviews...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this yesterday and so far I'm finding it bleeds on me a bit. I have to apply it and blot it just right, but it definitely is a nice color and lasts for a long time. It's pretty dark and red on me, not as much pink.

Edit: I have found this works best if I blot it or press it on and wear it as a sort of lip stain. Otherwise it's too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this classy red color. It really stands out and has a slight pink hue to it to avoid being overly serious. Its a young fun red perfect for any occasion. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I can see how this reads pink to some people. I put it on and thought pink, then my man came into the room and said WOW, that's red. So there you go.

I ditched Maybelline Red Revival because somehow the level of blue in its blue red was off for me and looked wrong. So I was kind of dubious about trying Cherries, since so many people have said it leans fuchsia. But Cherries works on me, although it somehow looks brighter than more tomato-reds do.

It makes my eyes look very blue and my teeth look very white. Staying power fine, no bleeding. A little glossier than I'm used to but not full-on wet, slick shine. Feels nice, creamy and not drying. Blots to a really pretty berry red stain.

I wish it was the exact same color as it originally was, but apparently it's changed since the 50s. Oh well, still a pretty lipstick with a pretty name.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by stls

I was eager to try cherries in the snow because it is a pretty vintage lipstick but I didn't like it that much.
First of all, the consistency is very creamy. Easy to apply evenly and hydrating but bleeds like no other.
In certain lights the color appears more fuchsia or more red. Quite bold and glossy. I like fuchsia and I like red but it wasn't very flattering somehow, blotted lightly looks much more decent.
Lasts long too.
Overall, it's not a bad lipstick in terms of quality but it doesn't look really good on me so I don't find myself reaching for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love cherries in the snow. Its a vivid fuschia red on me. Very glam and modern.

Wish it was a matte formula however,I recommend this to anyone with similar coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to disagree with the review below that states this red lipstick is not suited for yellow toned skin over 30 people! I'm olive skinned NC40 in MAC and 34 and I think Cherries in the snow looks nice on me. I do have a skintone that is a bit fussy when it comes to reds. I can look very weird or too sallow with the wrong shade. I feel that this is a shade that will pull differently on people. I have olive skin but with very cool toned pigmented lips that have a mauve hue to them. On me, Cherries in the snow looks exactly like a ripe red stawberry. It isn't as rubust as a blood blue based red that I thought it would be. On me, I see a lot of berry in this. I typically look good in berry shades so this lipstick works for me. Sure, it is very bright and needs a little prep to make it nice such as exfoliating the lips first. Also, I dab on a little bit of lip balm first so that the red doesn't fall into the cracks on my lips. I also need to dab and blend in some concealer on my cupids bow area to prevent the color from bleeding into that dip on my skin. But overall, I do love this red and I would rec this to everyone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by RyoRyoChiwa

I'm 22 and have yellow undertones in my skin but look best with cool colors. This lipstick is really amazing on me. I got so many compliments. My lips are small but not necessarily thin, but small in terms of width when closed. This color really made them pop and is long lasting. I reapplied every 3 hours. You definitely have to be in the mood to get attention with this color though and simple foundation with a cat winged eye look plus mascara and brow definition is helpful but nothing more than that. No eyeshadows that are not matte or a subtle color, the lips will (and need) to be the center of attention. Otherwise you run the risk of looking over the top.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No gripe here with the Super Lustrous lipstick formula itself, which I like; but oh, dear, this shade is a horror on anyone with yellow-toned skin or over age 30. I am in both those categories, and even though I enjoy bright retro lipsticks and can pull off SOME fuchsias, you must know that Cherries in the Snow eats other bright fuchsias for breakfast! It's like a fluorescent safety cone for your lips. Hard even to dab on as a stain; it's just that opaque. I would recommend this shade ONLY to young women with flawless, cool-toned skin and serious 'tude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect cherry red lip - glamorous, bold, beautiful. I love wearing this lipstick when I feel a little bold and sexy :)