April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Cherries In The Snow

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love cherries in the snow. Its a vivid fuschia red on me. Very glam and modern.

Wish it was a matte formula however,I recommend this to anyone with similar coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to disagree with the review below that states this red lipstick is not suited for yellow toned skin over 30 people! I'm olive skinned NC40 in MAC and 34 and I think Cherries in the snow looks nice on me. I do have a skintone that is a bit fussy when it comes to reds. I can look very weird or too sallow with the wrong shade. I feel that this is a shade that will pull differently on people. I have olive skin but with very cool toned pigmented lips that have a mauve hue to them. On me, Cherries in the snow looks exactly like a ripe red stawberry. It isn't as rubust as a blood blue based red that I thought it would be. On me, I see a lot of berry in this. I typically look good in berry shades so this lipstick works for me. Sure, it is very bright and needs a little prep to make it nice such as exfoliating the lips first. Also, I dab on a little bit of lip balm first so that the red doesn't fall into the cracks on my lips. I also need to dab and blend in some concealer on my cupids bow area to prevent the color from bleeding into that dip on my skin. But overall, I do love this red and I would rec this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by RyoRyoChiwa

I'm 22 and have yellow undertones in my skin but look best with cool colors. This lipstick is really amazing on me. I got so many compliments. My lips are small but not necessarily thin, but small in terms of width when closed. This color really made them pop and is long lasting. I reapplied every 3 hours. You definitely have to be in the mood to get attention with this color though and simple foundation with a cat winged eye look plus mascara and brow definition is helpful but nothing more than that. No eyeshadows that are not matte or a subtle color, the lips will (and need) to be the center of attention. Otherwise you run the risk of looking over the top.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No gripe here with the Super Lustrous lipstick formula itself, which I like; but oh, dear, this shade is a horror on anyone with yellow-toned skin or over age 30. I am in both those categories, and even though I enjoy bright retro lipsticks and can pull off SOME fuchsias, you must know that Cherries in the Snow eats other bright fuchsias for breakfast! It's like a fluorescent safety cone for your lips. Hard even to dab on as a stain; it's just that opaque. I would recommend this shade ONLY to young women with flawless, cool-toned skin and serious 'tude.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect cherry red lip - glamorous, bold, beautiful. I love wearing this lipstick when I feel a little bold and sexy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Love Cherries in the Snow!

A perfect red pinky, undertone of purple. Almost dupe of of MAC Rebel! Long-wearing, until a dark stain emerges. The moisturizing quality is there as well.

This one is a real winner.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

- Lovely dep red-plum colour with a hint of pink
- Very pigmented, long-lasting
- Looks darling against pale skin
- Worn by the lovely Rose McGowan!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Surprisingly nice quality lipstick! Goes on smoothly, very pigmented, and doesn't slide around like other drugstore lipsticks (ahem, Maybelline..). It also doesn't have that cheap taste and smell (like Rimmel & Wet n Wild). It's totally unscented. It doesn't dry lips out either, like many other drugstore lippies.
The best thing about this lipstick is that it doubles as a lip stain! I swear, it will not budge - for hours, even after eating and drinking. It completely stains the lips, better than real "lip stains" do. I've tried the new YSL glossy lip stain, the Balm's Stainiac, Tarte's stain, Benefit's Benetint & Posietint, and Vincent Longo's famous one, and this beats all of them, hands down!

Unfortunately, this is not the right shade for me, so I had to return it. If you have a yellow based (warm) skin tone, this will look garish on you because it is so blue based. It just looked off on me. I exchanged it for the shade Love that Pink, a yellow based hot pink, and it's perfect for my warm very pale complexion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Can't believe I've not reviewed this until now as this is one of my favourite bold lipsticks! Cherries In The Snow is packed with pigment and is creamy and oh-so-easy to apply, the PERFECT formulation. Although, the shade name is quite misleading (I initially thought it was going to be a cherry red) it's quite the gorgeous shade of raspberry almost red bright pinky colour, quite hard to explain actually! but this does get two thumbs up, I have no lipstick like it and it is relatively affordable as opposed to the likes of Bobbi Brown, MAC etc. will recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a soft spot for Revlon lipsticks. Let me get out of the way the reason for deducting two lippies. Compared to Julie Hewett, Revlon's lipsticks don't have the same moistness over an extended amount of time, due to the fact JH lipsticks having a bit of camellia oil unlike Revlon. In terms of color choice and leaving an even stain as it wears away, I find Lipstick Queen outperforms Revlon. But, when you think about it, it speaks well of Revlon that it does as well as it does compared to brands costing over twice as much.
I do get what people mean about it sometimes "pulling fuschia". With me, I've found Cherries in the Snow is borderline on me: with certain outfits, it looks redder and with others pinker. But, I'm not actually faulting it for being like that; if you eat as many ripe cherries as I do, you realize that ripe cherries are a shade of red that has a tinge of pink or purple. But, when it does pull pink on me, it's still very wearable. The main reason I'm reviewing this product is to offer a tip to people who have found Cherries in the Snow too bright pink or fuschia when they try it. My favorite way to wear this lipstick is to put a dot of it in my palm, then get a dab of clear balm (I do Smith's or Perfumeria Gal, but even plain Vaseline would work), and mix the balm into the dot of lipstick. Then, I apply the mixture to my lips with my finger. Doing it this way sheers it out enough that the shade is rendered a juicy, more natural shade--like cherry stained lips or a girl who has just eaten a popsicle, while at the same time, offering a little more pigment than a lipgloss would. So, if you've applied this lipstick straight to your lips and not liked the results, try my method. For that matter, people who like to apply it straight should consider experimenting with my method--it's nice to know a product's versatility. Anyway, I have a definite affection for this lipstick and understand why it has such diehard fans. I like that it's the kind of color you can wear in warm and cold weather. Yes, I will buy this product again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No