September 2, 2014 | 1484 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by beauty121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A month ago, I broke out terribly from a moisturizer I was using.
Most of it is cleared up by now, but I had terrible acne scars all over my face.
So I picked this up, because it claims to brighten skin, keep it smooth, and fade acne scars/dark marks. I've been using this for almost 3 weeks and 80% of the scarring is GONE.
I really love this and I reccomend it to anyone with sensitive skin.
I t also has a really great package- the bottle feels sturdy and has a great cap. It has a timy hole so that you don't make a mess.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Nelly126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads daily with amazing results. So I figured let me try the skin brightening scrub, should be gentle enough. Boy what a huge mistake, after the first use my eyes started to itch, turned bright red and became swollen. I placed a cold compress on my eyes for relief and drank allergy meds. Two hours later the symptoms subsided a bit, upon closer inspection I noticed a small blister on my eyeball. That freaked me out quite a bit and went to the dr. She said that I had a chemical burn and seemed that one of the synthetic beads in the scrub must of come in contact with my eyes causing the blister and pain. I've been on eye drops for two days now and have another 4 days to go. So not a happy camper :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by kimberleewatton

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I definitely reccommend this product to anyone who has oily skin like me. It leaves my face looking great and feeling great. It really refreshes me and I have alot of friends who use this now because of me! The only thing I don't like about it is that it sometimes leaves my face sort of dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ashahleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a good gentle facial scrub and thought I'd pay a bit extra and go for the Aveeno daily scrub over the St Ives scrubs because it sounded gentler (emphasizing the so called "daily" aspect of the Aveeno scrub). Turns out I shouldn't have bothered.
It wasn't gentle on my skin at all. I have fairly sensitive skin so maybe it isn't as harsh for others, but on my skin it was like rubbing sandpaper over my face. My skin was tight, itchy, red and blotchy after using it. The next day my skin broke out in pimples all around my chin, it's been over 2 weeks and I'm still trying to get rid of them. I'm now using it as a hand and foot scrub to use up the rest of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Merely51

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loe this face wash.. I've been using it for years! I have probably been through dozens of bottles. Keep my skin soft, even toned and clean. I love how it exfoliates my face, but not too hard. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by SunRiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is really good on my skin. It has eliminated a lot of my blackheads. I can't say it has brightened up my skin but it has made it a lot softer. But sometimes when I use it, my skin gets a bit dry. And I have no idea why.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I find this to be a very gentle scrub. I use this in the morning and sometimes at night if I don't use one of my heavier scrubs. It has seemed to help clear up my skin...somewhat. I was kind of surprised at how much better my skin feels and this is the only thing different I have used lately. I suffer from adult cystic acne which really is frustrating. This hasn't made it disapper or anything. But, it doesn't overstrip my skin either. I will update if anything changes over the next couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by suchaclassylady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has got to be the MOST AMAZING scrub I’ve ever used!!! I use this scrub 4-5X per week, but it is gentle enough for daily use IMHO. It does not strip my skin, leave it feeling “tight”, or sting when I use it. I follow it with Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lotion (yeah, I know, old school, but it works for me). My face is literally GLOWING! My skin has not looked this good since….well…actually…ever. I can’t wait to try the rest of the line!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by yasmeen1995

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! However, it didn't meet all my requirements (it could have been because I set my standards a bit too high). I expected it to eliminate dark circles under eyes completely. It reduced them by a bit, but they are still there. I still had some acne while using it that never left, but this is a skin brightening scrub, not an acne cleanser.

Overall, it left my skin a lot brighter than before and looks amazing now! And if you have sensitive skin, be sure not to rub it too hard because it can somewhat dry out your skin (from my own experience).

In conclusion, I recommend it and I would repurchase. It did a great job!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kavitabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product if only it didn't cost so much.